• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be funny as hell when Wiggy becomes a Heat fan.:D
It's really his only move because the Cavs look like they are gonna be bad for a while, at least 2 more years...

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda not loving the website problems right now

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think they can't get a huge haul for Westbrook?

This isn't a AD situation where the guy can just say I am a one year rental. Westbrook is an unquestionable top 10 player in the league who is locked down for 4 years. Why would OKC give him away? If they don't get a great offer they will just wait until December when teams can start throwing in this year free agents and draft picks. And if they don't get a great offer after that, they can just wait till next offseason. At some point they are going to get a huge haul for Westbrook. Why would they send him on for pennies on the dollar now? Might be a headache to have him on the team this season. But not so big of one that they should settle for a trade with zero star potential in return.

No I don't think they will get a haul for Westbrook

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broussard saying Detroit is the place

It's official Russ is headed to Miami

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think they can't get a huge haul for Westbrook?

This isn't a AD situation where the guy can just say I am a one year rental. Westbrook is an unquestionable top 10 player in the league who is locked down for 4 years. Why would OKC give him away? If they don't get a great offer they will just wait until December when teams can start throwing in this year free agents and draft picks. And if they don't get a great offer after that, they can just wait till next offseason. At some point they are going to get a huge haul for Westbrook. Why would they send him on for pennies on the dollar now? Might be a headache to have him on the team this season. But not so big of one that they should settle for a trade with zero star potential in return.

Unfortunately this is a rare situation where OKC has to basically trade him. Because Russ' camp has already said they want a trade sooner rather than later, and I'm sure OKC doesn't want to hold onto a disgruntled superstar that's now playing on a rebuilding team. Plus, there are not many teams out there with a cache of assets, and RW is not going to command anywhere near what PG commanded from the Clippers; and that in of itself was special circumstances.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat fans here and some that I've talked to are all for the risk involved if the trade is at the right price.

As long as they don't take Herro and Bam (we need youth and a 3-point shooter) than I'm good. They'll have to take Dragic and they'd want to take Winslow since he's a good asset. But we don't exactly have draft picks left to give out and we have 2-year deals to hand out like James Johnson, etc..

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately this is a rare situation where OKC has to basically trade him. Because Russ' camp has already said they want a trade sooner rather than later, and I'm sure OKC doesn't want to hold onto a disgruntled superstar that's now playing on a rebuilding team. Plus, there are not many teams out there with a cache of assets, and RW is not going to command anywhere near what PG commanded from the Clippers; and that in of itself was special circumstances.

Agree.
Who the fuck really knows what the conversations are, but Riley must know this.
Winslow would be a great piece long term for OKC, and if they are looking for expiring contracts, we can accomplish that.

They have 50,000 draft picks, so they really don't need to pilfer all of our youth.

Them getting out of the Westbrook contract should be worth a lot to them.