• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard from a Suns radio host that the Suns have no plans of buying out Baynes, they want him to play.
We'll see how it unfolds... only time will tell.

I do openly wonder why a team like Phoenix would be dead-set on a guy like Baynes... they should be about the future.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Suns ever going to get better?

This will be Booker's 5th season now. He was drafted in 2015. Since Phoenix had four drafts to build around him and four top 6 picks.

Dragan Bender, Josh Jackson, DeAndre Ayton and now they trade back and get Cam Johnson. Still no PG and now they could have a potential mid-20M to get find a PG if they can find a taker for Jackson, maybe $40M if they can somehow trade Tyler Johnson, probably won't happen...so realistically around 20M or so give or take. DLo is expecting around $26M max so I think this might be the move they need to make to take the next step. I don't think a move like getting a potential Rozier or someone of his caliber does much imo

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This will be Booker's 5th season now. He was drafted in 2015. Since Phoenix had four drafts to build around him and four top 6 picks.

Dragan Bender, Josh Jackson, DeAndre Ayton and now they trade back and get Cam Johnson. Still no PG and now they could have a potential mid-20M to get find a PG if they can find a taker for Jackson, maybe $40M if they can somehow trade Tyler Johnson, probably won't happen...so realistically around 20M or so give or take. DLo is expecting around $26M max so I think this might be the move they need to make to take the next step. I don't think a move like getting a potential Rozier or someone of his caliber does much imo

I still like some of their pieces.

But management is so terrible.

Start the countdown until they have to trade Booker.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see how it unfolds... only time will tell.

I do openly wonder why a team like Phoenix would be dead-set on a guy like Baynes... they should be about the future.
hes not a bad match with Ayton

I think after all the losing they want to win. Its why they drafted a guy that is actually OLDER than Booker in Cam Johnson....why they dealt for saric....

they need to go from assest accumulation to actually putting a team out there that can do something.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are still like probably this year and maybe next year from moving from assest accumulation to putting a team together meant to compete.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Brooklyn Nets are reportedly "gaining confidence" in their ability to sign Kevin Durant in free agency.

ESPN's Brian Windhorst reported as much Friday on The Jump, and former NBA center Kendrick Perkins added that he believes the Nets are the "front-runners" to sign KD. Windhorst noted that Perkins is "not the only person involved with the NBA" who has said that.

Both Windhorst and Perkins also said they are not ruling out the New York Knicks as a landing spot for Durant.

Durant will become a free agent this offseason if he declines the $31.5 million option in his contract for 2019-20 as expected.

The biggest question mark regarding KD is his health since he tore his Achilles in Game 5 of the NBA Finals. Because of that, he may miss the entire 2019-20 season, which means he would not play in another game until the age of 32.

Even so, signing Durant to a max contract is likely a risk worth taking since he is a 10-time All-Star and two-time NBA Finals MVP.

The Nets have room for two max contracts on their roster, meaning they could pair Durant with another superstar. Point guard Kyrie Irving appears to be the likeliest candidate.

SNY's Ian Begley reported this week that other teams in the NBA believe the Nets are the "odds-on favorites" to sign Irving if he leaves the Boston Celtics.

Signing Durant and Irving would likely result in Brooklyn allowing restricted free agent D'Angelo Russell to sign elsewhere. If the Nets only sign Durant, though, they may re-sign Russell and pair him with KD moving forward.

In the scenario that sees Brooklyn sign both Durant and Irving, the Nets could look ahead toward 2020-21 at a roster that would potentially include KD, Kyrie, Spencer Dinwiddie, Caris LeVert, Rodions Kurucs and Jarrett Allen.

Brooklyn took a big step forward last season by going 42-40 and reaching the playoffs as the No. 6 seed in the Eastern Conference, but Durant and possibly Irving would make the Nets a potential title contender down the line.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense... the C's are extremely weak/short-handed at the 4 and 5 spot atm.
so weird that they are extremely weak at the 4 and 5 but just basically gave Baynes away......its almost like he is a non entity. who said that? i cant remmeber

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so weird that they are extremely weak at the 4 and 5 but just basically gave Baynes away......its almost like he is a non entity. who said that? i cant remmeber
It'll be interesting to see what Ainge and co. do with the cap space they are obviously working to build up.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Brooklyn Nets are reportedly "gaining confidence" in their ability to sign Kevin Durant in free agency.

ESPN's Brian Windhorst reported as much Friday on The Jump, and former NBA center Kendrick Perkins added that he believes the Nets are the "front-runners" to sign KD. Windhorst noted that Perkins is "not the only person involved with the NBA" who has said that.

Both Windhorst and Perkins also said they are not ruling out the New York Knicks as a landing spot for Durant.

Durant will become a free agent this offseason if he declines the $31.5 million option in his contract for 2019-20 as expected.

The biggest question mark regarding KD is his health since he tore his Achilles in Game 5 of the NBA Finals. Because of that, he may miss the entire 2019-20 season, which means he would not play in another game until the age of 32.

Even so, signing Durant to a max contract is likely a risk worth taking since he is a 10-time All-Star and two-time NBA Finals MVP.

The Nets have room for two max contracts on their roster, meaning they could pair Durant with another superstar. Point guard Kyrie Irving appears to be the likeliest candidate.

SNY's Ian Begley reported this week that other teams in the NBA believe the Nets are the "odds-on favorites" to sign Irving if he leaves the Boston Celtics.

Signing Durant and Irving would likely result in Brooklyn allowing restricted free agent D'Angelo Russell to sign elsewhere. If the Nets only sign Durant, though, they may re-sign Russell and pair him with KD moving forward.

In the scenario that sees Brooklyn sign both Durant and Irving, the Nets could look ahead toward 2020-21 at a roster that would potentially include KD, Kyrie, Spencer Dinwiddie, Caris LeVert, Rodions Kurucs and Jarrett Allen.

Brooklyn took a big step forward last season by going 42-40 and reaching the playoffs as the No. 6 seed in the Eastern Conference, but Durant and possibly Irving would make the Nets a potential title contender down the line.

There is no doubt that Brooklyn is acting like they know what is going to happen, and have been for quite some time.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when you wanted to count the Warriors out...we're back. Championship confirmed. Y'all fucked now.

JayVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy that does his "man Bun"

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yet every year they're high up in the lotto. To beat a dead horse, that's why I don't care much for positioning in a draft if your team doesn't know what the fuck they're doing.