• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACL aside, Klay Thompson is already in mid-season form. Shooters gonna shoot.

IT'S A TRAP, KLAY!

She is most definitely lying. They say this but they NEVER mean it

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one theory that kinda makes sense on what Boston might do with their cap space.
The benefit is that the commitment on Adams is only 2 years and the Thunder would likely have to attach future draft compensation in order to get rid of Adams' big $$$ contract.

It's a total Ainge move.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one theory that kinda makes sense on what Boston might do with their cap space.
The benefit is that the commitment on Adams is only 2 years and the Thunder would likely have to attach future draft compensation in order to get rid of Adams' big $$$ contract.

It's a total Ainge move.

I could definitely see that and he will fit that system perfect imo. Tatum can play the 4 at times. They will definitely have a young, talented, athletic core and lineup.

PG - Rozier or could be Edwards
SG - Brown
SF - Hayward
PF - Tatum
C - Adams

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If true, Dick move by Danny Ainge. Not the best way to attract free agents to your team if you treat players this way.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If true, Dick move by Danny Ainge. Not the best way to attract free agents to your team if you treat players this way.
He seems to be that kind of guy, look at the Midget IT situation. It may be starting to affect how players view the team since things seem to be falling apart now

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT called Danny Ainge and asked to come back to the Celtics.
That's more about how far he'd fallen in his situation
He had no where to turn except the guy who fucked him

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's more about how far he'd fallen in his situation
He had no where to turn except the guy who fucked him
That's not the way it was reported at the time... it was reported that IT would have loved to come back, not that he was in despair.

And we know he did have at least one option... dude signed in Denver, after all.

Anywho... if IT was as mistreated as folks like to stir up, and the guy had any pride at all... that call never would have been made. The fact that the call was made, though, kinda destroys the narrative about the "deceitful Celtics."

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not the way it was reported at the time... it was reported that IT would have loved to come back, not that he was in despair.

And we know he did have at least one option... dude signed in Denver, after all.

Anywho... if IT was as mistreated as folks like to stir up, and the guy had any pride at all... that call never would have been made. The fact that the call was made, though, kinda destroys the narrative about the "deceitful Celtics."
And yet...Kyrie is out, Rozier is blowing the place up, AD said no way I resign there, etc. You guys may have a rep

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet...Kyrie is out, Rozier is blowing the place up, AD said no way I resign there, etc. You guys may have a rep
Well, Kyrie and AD have pulled their respective acts on multiple organizations now...

... and the Rozier "saga" is hopelessly intertwined with Kyrie.

So, it's not a clear/good preponderance of the evidence case with any analysis at all...

... that being said, the C's are down right now and it's impossible to deny that off-the-court / character stuff played a role in that... so that fact limits my ability to push back too hard on this accusation.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Kyrie and AD have pulled their respective acts on multiple organizations now...

... and the Rozier "saga" is hopelessly intertwined with Kyrie.

So, it's not a clear/good preponderance of the evidence case with any analysis at all...

... that being said, the C's are down right now and it's impossible to deny that off-the-court / character stuff played a role in that... so that fact limits my ability to push back too hard on this accusation.
Exactly, I'm not saying it's the whole story but it seems reasonable to think that the long time GM of the team and his history of dealing a certain way with some players has some effect

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, I'm not saying it's the whole story but it seems reasonable to think that the long time GM of the team and his history of dealing a certain way with some players has some effect
Folks conjure up this evil specter of the "history of Danny Ainge"... but they rarely want to talk deeply or in a detailed way about it because no individual link in that chain is a good argument by itself.

Both the fabled Nets trade of 2013 and the IT trade were solid business decisions... guys like Paul Pierce, KG and IT have spoken very well of Boston and the Celtics in the aftermath of these moves...

... yet casual fans and media types (who usually have an agenda) want to hold a candle on behalf of these "mistreated players"... ?

Meh. It's not very compelling, IMO.

Like I said... maybe if IT was holding a grudge. Maybe if Kevin Garnett was pissed. Etc. None of these things are true, though.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After doing a little research... word is: Don't be surprised is Aron Baynes gets his contract brought out by the Suns and is then free to sign with a contender...

... which, if it happens, would apparently be what he wanted. After all, he re-upped with the Celtics with the belief that they would be a contender. That changed quickly, unfortunately.

This could have been the way to let him out of that.

We'll see if he were this situation goes from here.

Last edited:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Folks conjure up this evil specter of the "history of Danny Ainge"... but they rarely want to talk deeply or in a detailed way about it because no individual link in that chain is a good argument by itself.

Both the fabled Nets trade of 2013 and the IT trade were solid business decisions... guys like Paul Pierce, KG and IT have spoken very well of Boston and the Celtics in the aftermath of these moves...

... yet casual fans and media types (who usually have an agenda) want to hold a candle on behalf of these "mistreated players"... ?

Meh. It's not very compelling, IMO.

Like I said... maybe if IT was holding a grudge. Maybe if Kevin Garnett was pissed. Etc. None of these things are true, though.
Each link may be flimsy but if there's enough links: smoke, fire

I forgot mentioning Horford who wants out too. I suspect you just disagree, but from an outsiders perspective there may be something there

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot mentioning Horford who wants out too. I suspect you just disagree, but from an outsiders perspective there may be something there
Horford hasn't commented on the immediate present yet and likely won't until he signs on with a new team.

That aside: Horford has never said a bad word about the Celtics and is likely leaving here for the same reason he left Atlanta: he wants a better shot at a title, and his present situation isn't giving him one.

Business decision, pure and simple. And if it makes sense explaining it in terms of business, why bend over backwards to inject a personal angle that there is no basis for?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After doing a little research... word is: Don't be surprised is Aron Baynes gets his contract brought out by the Suns and is then free to sign with a contender...

... which, if it happens, would apparently be what he wanted. After all, he re-upped with the Celtics with the belief that they would be a contender. That changed quickly, unfortunately.

This could have been the way to let him out of that.

We'll see if he were this situation goes from here.

Heard from a Suns radio host that the Suns have no plans of buying out Baynes, they want him to play.