• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to likely have the highest payroll in the league the next 2 seasons. Adams is good and all but they gave him that contract right as the league was changing.

The league did change. Initially everyone got raises, then it turned into funneling as much money as possible into max contracts and the midrange guys took a hit back to where they were.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets: STAY AWAY! FAR FAR AWAY!

It would be hilarious if the Nets turned down Kyrie and he went back to to Lebron AND took less than the max. Wow lolzzz

More likely he and Durant go to NYK IMO.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"they are reportedly scrambling to include Wagner, Bonga, and Jones in the trade"

for fucks sake this is insane.

"Now, by waiting until after to agreeing to terms with New Orleans, the Lakers have lost so much leverage. Their desperation shows, and preying teams – Pelicans or otherwise – will look to take advantage."

@Mecca

how does this shit happen to a professional sports franchise in 2019?

You hire an agent to be your GM.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was one of my earlier thoughts on Durant's situation. Not like my idea was unique or anything, but this could potentially be a nice move for both parties.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have AD and LeBron, so it might work anyway.

But it is impossible to say this team is being but well managed.

It looks like Pelinka was in such a hurry to get off the phone and complete the AD trade that he completely ignored the cap nuances that would allow him to further build out the roster. We are talking about 9 million in cap space that matters to both, but a lot more to LA.

It is a little difficult for me to envision this front office putting the correct pieces around these 2 at this point.

I didn't mind the price tag for AD at all as far as the deal itself went. But as yall can see in the AD trade thread, I did raise an eyebrow at the shear lack of protections on those picks. No pick gets traded nowadays without some kind of protection, even if its minimal. Like they should have at least had Top 3 protections. But then you combine that with seeing how they screwed up the timing of the deal which is going to cost them cap space (and somehow doing that despite technically have some leverage here) and its clear that the Lakers are still very much a novice front office shit show. Those are the intricate details that get hammered out by teams that know what they are doing. AD got to LA because of Klutch. It's just too bad Klutch couldn't negotiate the entire deal themselves. Like I've said many times over the last few months, any success the Lakers have won't be because of Jeanie Buss/Rob Pelinka/&Co, it will be because of Lebron Inc

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"they are reportedly scrambling to include Wagner, Bonga, and Jones in the trade"

for fucks sake this is insane.

"Now, by waiting until after to agreeing to terms with New Orleans, the Lakers have lost so much leverage. Their desperation shows, and preying teams – Pelicans or otherwise – will look to take advantage."

@Mecca

how does this shit happen to a professional sports franchise in 2019?
Well they could always send Wagner, Kuzma & Bonga to some other team for trade exception money

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was one of my earlier thoughts on Durant's situation. Not like my idea was unique or anything, but this could potentially be a nice move for both parties.

Yes, Knicks, please give up RJ Barrett and Mitchell Robinson. LOL.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LMAO

This is like people finding the Christmas tree in the garbage of Jimbo Fisher's house right before he left FSU or aTm.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mind the price tag for AD at all as far as the deal itself went. But as yall can see in the AD trade thread, I did raise an eyebrow at the shear lack of protections on those picks. No pick gets traded nowadays without some kind of protection, even if its minimal. Like they should have at least had Top 3 protections. But then you combine that with seeing how they screwed up the timing of the deal which is going to cost them cap space (and somehow doing that despite technically have some leverage here) and its clear that the Lakers are still very much a novice front office shit show. Those are the intricate details that get hammered out by teams that know what they are doing. AD got to LA because of Klutch. It's just too bad Klutch couldn't negotiate the entire deal themselves. Like I've said many times over the last few months, any success the Lakers have won't be because of Jeanie Buss/Rob Pelinka/&Co, it will be because of Lebron Inc
THAT is a bitter pill to swallow for a lot of these Lakers fans....

that the Laker front office and Buss family has been so incompetent- and that Klutch and LeBron will be due all the credit if they win on any significant level in SPITE of the Buss family and their incompetence.

Could never have imagined that under Dr. Buss.

Every single opportunity they get to screw up they do it seems.

I will still withhold my prediction for the season until I see what hte finished product looks like, becuase the right moves could still salvage the optics for Pelinka. We shall see in about a months time...probably, actually, about 2-3 weeks time.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LMAO

This is like people finding the Christmas tree in the garbage of Jimbo Fisher's house right before he left FSU or aTm.

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2018%2F08%2Fkawhi-leonard-los-angeles-lakers-over-tornto-raptors-001.jpg