• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Clippers.
Was a hell of a ride this year in Toronto.
Thanks to Kawhi for that ride.
He wanted to go home and nothing could change his mind.

Im just happy that he didnt go to the Lakers and gave LeBron the L.

Great move by getting PG as well.

I still believe in Masai. He will keep up relevent and a force.

LETS GO RAPTORS
Sucks, but well said. Got a title you probably never thought you'd see. I doubt there was anything Raptors could have done differently to keep him.

I don't mean this as a negative toward Toronto, but not like he went there by choice.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the probably the most excitement around the Clips since CP3 and Blake and Kawhi is better than CP3 or Blake and PG isn't far behind, if at all.

Also going to be the most excitement around Lakers/Clippers games since....ever.
Will we find out on Christmas at 5:30?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers have 3 SGs at this point.

PG: Cook, Caruso (likely min contract), ?
SG: Green, KCP, Daniels
SF: Lebron, Dudley, Horton-Tucker
PF: Kuzma, Williams (possible min contract), ?
C: Davis, McGee, ?

I could see Marcus Morris or Rondo (or Boogie?) with the room exception. They still have maybe a few million under the cap (depending on how these new signings' contracts are structured), maybe they add Trey Burke (if not Rondo), or...?

They already have 3 SGs, true. But Bradley's skillset fits better than any of the guards (both PG and SG) they have with this team. He can shoot 3s and defend at least spots 1 thru 3 (though his defensive skills have slipped of late as he's aged). They do need another front court player (I'm hoping for Faried or Morris) but I'd much rather go for Bradley with the exception than wait for a vet min player like Korver or JR Smith. Korver is completely washed and JR Smith is 3/4s wet. That Clippers roster is pretty stacked with great role players as is a couple other teams in the West. We need to grab guys like Bradley because even with Davis and James, just vet min old dudes isn't gonna get it done in the West

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said you'd take the shooter.....always. Klay is a better shooter than AD and Embiid.

Holy shit are you stubborn. Obviously trying to explain to your repeatedly I was only talking about Thompson & Love is pointless. So continue to try & change things up & mention other players. But you're never wrong, isn't that right?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy for my team.

I thought Kawhi would/should stay in Toronto.

They got the ultimate prize.

So, this was all worth it.

I feel terrible for OKC.

Why? OKC wasn't winning any titles with what they had, and were paying a lot of tax. Now they have a boatload of #1 picks to build with.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And not just smaller market...Toronto is not a small market and they can't get any big names to stay let alone new ones to sign there.
Mostly agree.....though Derozan stayed. I get he's not elite, just a very good player. No doubt tough for them to get a player to stay or come who is a true #1 who can carry a title team.

I do wonder if Kawhi might have stayed, though, if he was drafted by them and spent 7-8 years there.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The post I made with the 1.7%, Gilbert not being there was only about the Wiggins draft.
I said I knew the 1.7% was correct, but didnt know or care if Gilbert part was true.
You ranted about it being inaccurate countless times, yet it was totally accurate.
It was inaccurate.....that post was about the 2011 draft.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit are you stubborn. Obviously trying to explain to your repeatedly I was only talking about Thompson & Love is pointless. So continue to try & change things up & mention other players. But you're never wrong, isn't that right?

Hes never right, is that wrong?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already have 3 SGs, true. But Bradley's skillset fits better than any of the guards (both PG and SG) they have with this team. He can shoot 3s and defend at least spots 1 thru 3 (though his defensive skills have slipped of late as he's aged). They do need another front court player (I'm hoping for Faried or Morris) but I'd much rather go for Bradley with the exception than wait for a vet min player like Korver or JR Smith. Korver is completely washed and JR Smith is 3/4s wet. That Clippers roster is pretty stacked with great role players as is a couple other teams in the West. We need to grab guys like Bradley because even with Davis and James, just vet min old dudes isn't gonna get it done in the West
Yup.

We gave up the farm in picks.

But, our depth hasn't diminished.

I'm hoping for Morris or to keep Green.

If not, Manimal.

But, we are Shit on a stick at the 5.

Zubac....project.

Fake Dikembe....rookie project.

Trezl.....undersized. But, ferocious.

Gotta get a 5.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine is.....like the handful here, also wont admit she was wrong.

My wife is not nearly as big an asshole as you like to be here.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was inaccurate.....that post was about the 2011 draft.

Stop.
I posted Cavs were lucky to be in position to get James back vs it being planned.
Then I used Blatt as proof and lottery odds as example.

#fact

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? OKC wasn't winning any titles with what they had, and were paying a lot of tax. Now they have a boatload of #1 picks to build with.
Because I know how it feels to loose good talent.

Happens to my team every year.

Only silver lining, unlike Durant, they got something for him.

A ton of something.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers have nothing to trade for him

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to write off Rockets already. Pretty sure no one but a Durant led GS has beaten them the last couple years in playoffs, right?

Easy to write off that shitshow

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why do you keep replying?