• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly agree.....though Derozan stayed. I get he's not elite, just a very good player. No doubt tough for them to get a player to stay or come who is a true #1 who can carry a title team.

I do wonder if Kawhi might have stayed, though, if he was drafted by them and spent 7-8 years there.

Maybe, but they lost Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady and Kawhi and never really got any big names to sign up. They are in the same boat as the small markets, mainly because Canada is a little weird for a lot of these guys, plus the crap weather.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

We gave up the farm in picks.

But, our depth hasn't diminished.

I'm hoping for Morris or to keep Green.

If not, Manimal.

But, we are Shit on a stick at the 5.

Zubac....project.

Fake Dikembe....rookie project.

Trezl.....undersized. But, ferocious.

Gotta get a 5.

On the plus side, there's not many teams with big men that can beat you. Your small line ups have so much defensive prowess you'll be fine against most all teams, even the Lakers with Davis imo. Nugs with Jokic but with all the other players you got, you can totally shut down everyone else they have. Even if Jokic averaged 40 in a series, you'd still probably win. Sixers with Embiid and Horford could be a problem though.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the plus side, there's not many teams with big men that can beat you. Your small line ups have so much defensive prowess you'll be fine against most all teams, even the Lakers with Davis imo. Nugs with Jokic but with all the other players you got, you can totally shut down everyone else they have. Even if Jokic averaged 40 in a series, you'd still probably win. Sixers with Embiid and Horford could be a problem though.
.......any guesses?

I hope it's the Rockets for the sheer fuckery.

Oklahoma City’s All-Star guard Russell Westbrook and his agent, Thad Foucher, are engaged with Thunder GM Sam Presti about the next steps of Westbrook’s career, including the possibility of a trade prior to the start of next season, league sources told ESPN

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Russ nowhere near this team if it includes trading most of our young core.

Russ and Butler with role players is 2nd round at max.

Role with this group and make a run at a top FA in 2021.

Destroying your roster to get Russ which doesn't make us a title contender would be really dumb
Been some rumors here (more like should/could it be explored).

Thinking was Love and RW are teammates, so maybe it would make them both happy. Probably would cost Sexton or Garland, expiring deals like Clarkson, TT, Knight or others. Might have to take Adams as well.

My thought is same as yours.....not sure I do it as doesn't make them a title contender, I don't think.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.......any guesses?

I hope it's the Rockets for the sheer fuckery.

Oklahoma City’s All-Star guard Russell Westbrook and his agent, Thad Foucher, are engaged with Thunder GM Sam Presti about the next steps of Westbrook’s career, including the possibility of a trade prior to the start of next season, league sources told ESPN

That contract is rough. Not many teams are gonna take it. I thought Miami earlier but I'm not sure they have the pieces to make it work. But with the league being as wide open as it is, I could see some teams biting the bullet and going for it. Detroit comes to mind. Like imo, they still wouldn't win, but from their perspective I could see them saying "We've been 8th or 9th for years. We've got Blake. If we get Russ, we'll be better". They'll convince themselves of being better than a 4 seed

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avery?

Or

Bradley?

I'm assuming Avery and that would actually make a ton of sense.

Another good wing defender in the vain of Pat Beverley.

He could be the D and Korver your 3.
Thought Korver was loved in Philly. Wonder if he'd rather go back there.