• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that Gilbert wasn't at the draft lottery.

Bosh's salary wasn't on the books last season. But it was up until the 2017-2018 season.
weird, then, you said it was embarrassing you had to keep explaining to me it was on the books last season.

Doh!!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep exactly. It is pretty obvious the Heat are trying to land another star player in 2021 to team up with Butler.
Probably....but if he could attract another star wouldn't he have gone to LA and tried to take one with him?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to team up with a 32 year old Jimmy Butler, who already has a consensus ton of miles on him, and is an assclown to begin with. Great plan.

thats a MUCH better plan than trying to get 2 guys like the Nets just did with a ton of cap space and a ton of good young players and getting guys that are actually in their primes.

Counting on a 32 year old player to be a big time recruiter, esp. one with miles like Butler, and committing such a huge portion of the cap to him is really really dumb. Maybe he is still good, but there is no doubt he will not be nearly as good as he was in his age 29 season, where him, Simmons and Embiid could not even get it done.

3 more years of wear and tear, esp. 3 years of not playing with anyone NEAR as good as Towns, Embiid, etc. will do wonders for him.
while I agree with you it will be tough to bring a star in with him, I do think he can still be a productive player at 31-32. Also not sure I'd blame him for "not getting it done" as to be fair they were a miracle shot from Kawhi from having a decent shot to get to the Finals.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dtgold88 when you start talking about misinformation, you may also want to look at your boy, Wiggy with the side eye.
Funny, I actually just did make such a comment to him. Because I base my comments on the post. Not the poster.

Wonder why no Heat fan called you out for agreeing that Bosh was still on the books until this offseason though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet still,

That is not the only way for a franchise like Miami, or LA or Houston or NY/Brooklyn to build a competitive roster.

Brooklyn has done it with 0 high picks of their own. Toronto just won a title with 0 lotto picks on their roster.

You can deflect all you want, but my assessment is spot on.
That's true, but Brooklyn didn't sign middling players and instead cleared the cap space to sign Kyrie/Durant.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, I actually just did make such a comment to him. Because I base my comments on the post. Not the poster.

Wonder why no Heat fan called you out for agreeing that Bosh was still on the books until this offseason though.

I didn't agree that Bosh's salary was off the books until this offseason. If I marked a post "Winner", there might've been other aspects of the post that I agreed with outside of Bosh's salary.

And if that's not the case, tell me where I said Bosh's salary just came off the books.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true, but Brooklyn didn't sign middling players and instead cleared the cap space to sign Kyrie/Durant.

Uh, Brooklyn mortgaged their future on an archaic Paul Pierce and KG who were well past their primes to put them next to Joe Johnson and Darren Williams. Nice try though.

Edit: And not only mortgaged their future, committed the worst trade in NBA history.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted he was on the books for 2 seasons when he couldn’t play.
No mistake to admit to.

#learntoreadandcomprehend
But @Heatles84 did, in fact, make a comment agreeing he was on the books until now. And for some reason, knowing it was wrong, you didn't call him out.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably....but if he could attract another star wouldn't he have gone to LA and tried to take one with him?

Because he wants to play in Miami. That was obvious to everyone since the Fall which was why he never met with any other teams this summer.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
weird, then, you said it was embarrassing you had to keep explaining to me it was on the books last season.

Doh!!

His salary came off the books until 2 offseasons ago. Basically the offseason where we offered James Johnson his contract. Not exactly spending 6 years diddling away at nothing.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The above was your reply to Shane's comment - "Well his contract did just come off the books this offseason, it was dead cap"

So, in fact, you thought his contract came off the books this past offseason. what's embarrassing is you were way off base about your own team. And, as is your MO, you'll deflect and not own up to another mistake.

Deflect away.

Really, and you're like a pestering women that likes to pummel others in argument with irrelevant bullshit. Tell me where I said his salary just came off the books.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, but I wasn't the one who claimed Bosh was on the books through last season nor that Gilbert missed the lottery in 2011.

I'll put it in large bold font for you, sparky.

Where did I say Gilbert missed the lottery in 2011?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't agree that Bosh's salary was off the books until this offseason. If I marked a post "Winner", there might've been other aspects of the post that I agreed with outside of Bosh's salary.

And if that's not the case, tell me where I said Bosh's salary just came off the books.
Look at 4601 where it's clear you agreed with Shane and wondered why you had to keep telling me it came off the books (which was his comment) after this season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find any post, where anyone said that about Bosh.
We said we felt that there was no reason to go into tank mode, but Bosh illness ruined the opportunity for us to see how we would have done.
Look at 4601.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, Brooklyn mortgaged their future on an archaic Paul Pierce and KG who were well past their primes to put them next to Joe Johnson and Darren Williams. Nice try though.

Edit: And not only mortgaged their future, committed the worst trade in NBA history.
Yep....and they learned from that huge mistake. Has Miami yet?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at 4601 where it's clear you agreed with Shane and wondered why you had to keep telling me it came off the books (which was his comment) after this season.

It was more in relation to you saying the Heat have been a middling team since Lebron left, which was 6 years of mediocrity. We had dealt with Bosh's blood clots since, and since more recently, his salary was hanging over this team for multiple years (his 2 years were his season ended, and another 1 where he was forced to sit so it could come off the books). We were operating under the handicap.

So yeah, poor wording on my part. But you completely glossed over a very glaring reason as to why the Heat were mediocre in those years. So who's the bigger idiot here? I'll give you a hint - look in the mirror.