• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“but id rather my team get Lonzo Ball or Markelle Fultz or Josh Jackson---- and have a significant shot at having a franchise altering talent. Ill take sacrifice the extra 15-20 wins- ESPECIALLY when neither team you made the playoffs anyway---- to be able to get a Jackson who will have a chance to be my teams centerpiece for the next 7 years at a minimum.”

@WiggyRuss
How did that crystal ball prediction work out?

Jackson. Centerpiece.

Im not knocking you having the opinion, just pointing out that often times what are perceived team changers, aren’t.
He really picked 3 total busts as examples? LOL

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are these valuable assets the heat sacrificed? Richardson who will never be as good as Butler? Or was it the mid to late 1st round pick that is LOTTERY PROTECTED until 2026?

Like the man or not, Butler is top 20 player in the league and one of the best 2 way players

Haters gonna hate.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big get for the Heat.

Utah I going to be a threat, even if the Lakers get Kawhi and I think they may well be the favorite if he stays in Toronto.

Things started falling apart for the Knicks (and to a lesser extent the Clippers) when AD got hurt.

The one thing I'm curious about is that I thought the Clips had room for 2 max guys, but I didn't hear about them going after anyone but Kawhi. Now, not having a 2nd star is said to be why it looks like he's not going to the Clips.

Not sure why they didn't try to get someone else first?

Mind boggling since they have West there.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet still,

That is not the only way for a franchise like Miami, or LA or Houston or NY/Brooklyn to build a competitive roster.

Brooklyn has done it with 0 high picks of their own. Toronto just won a title with 0 lotto picks on their roster.

You can deflect all you want, but my assessment is spot on.

I completely forgot about Brooklyn. After next year, they could potentially be in the Finals with KD and Kyrie.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, KD is the same age as Butler and won't be playing until he's 32. And has just as much miles on him

I think the Warriors are actually lucky that KD decided to leave. Lacob would've looked terrible if he hadn't offered KD the max to stay after KD sacrificed his Achilles, which would hurt their chances with other stars in the future, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are feeling relief at not having to shell out over a billion dollars (factoring in luxury tax) for a player with such a horrible injury and who will be 32 when he returns.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Warriors are actually lucky that KD decided to leave. Lacob would've looked terrible if he hadn't offered KD the max to stay after KD sacrificed his Achilles, which would hurt their chances with other stars in the future, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are feeling relief at not having to shell out over a billion dollars (factoring in luxury tax) for a player with such a horrible injury and who will be 32 when he returns.
I think they would have preferred doing it that way, but there's definitely some consolation in missing out as you say

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, KD is the same age as Butler and won't be playing until he's 32. And has just as much miles on him

Not only that.
Wade played with Butler. Wade knows Butler.
Wade is now forever with the Heat and recruited Butler.
If he, for one second, thought it wouldnt be a win, win for both sides, he wouldn’t have gotten involved.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that the season we ended up sucking was due to Alonzo Mourning's kidney disease, yes? We were forced into that situation as we were geared to make a title run, until Zo went down. Yes, it did land us Wade. But we didn't go with the approach of, let us cower in the corner with our tails between our legs and let every team in the league beat the piss out of us so we could get better positioning in draft along with assets. We also happened to trade good players in Lamar Odom and Brian Grant later on for Shaq. I'm sure you're going to tell me that we should've waited until free agency and left enough room to sign Shaq to a max deal as well; similar to what you've stated with Butler.

Mourning, Bosh....

The Heat have their share of heartbreak.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF he does...

we'll see...

If he doesn't, bring in Cousins on a 2 year deal, bring back Rondo, bring in JR when he gets bought out, sign Iggy, re-sign Caruso, and add a few guys off the summer league to be end of bench players.....Jordan Caroline and Zach Norvell.....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
may, this one was a light one. Most of em out here are...

we've had a couple of run for your life doozys though...

You can join us for hurricane season if you hurry up with the u-haul.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn't, bring in Cousins on a 2 year deal, bring back Rondo, bring in JR when he gets bought out, sign Iggy, re-sign Caruso, and add a few guys off the summer league to be end of bench players.....Jordan Caroline and Zach Norvell.....

We'd need a backup big too.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that Gilbert wasn't at the draft lottery.

Bosh's salary wasn't on the books last season. But it was up until the 2017-2018 season.
Never said you said it. Think it was Trurnup. Bosh's contract came off the books after the 2016-17 season (if that' what you meant). Some here have claimed it just came off.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

Go check out Bucky’s latest comment in the Russell thread

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really picked 3 total busts as examples? LOL

So many busts even drafting high. I wasn't sure about the the DLo acquisition at first, but the Warriors haven't had a high pick in years and are probably not going to tank, so they really had no way to pick up a young talent like DLo. Now they get a known quantity (instead of a lottery pick who could bust) and the max salary is actually helpful because if they decide to trade him, the max salary enables them to take back a lot of salary, maybe even to acquire a star.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read that Memphis won't buy out Andre, and that the Rockets are trying to trade for him.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many busts even drafting high. I wasn't sure about the the DLo acquisition at first, but the Warriors haven't had a high pick in years and are probably not going to tank, so they really had no way to pick up a young talent like DLo. Now they get a known quantity (instead of a lottery pick who could bust) and the max salary is actually helpful because if they decide to trade him, the max salary enables them to take back a lot of salary, maybe even to acquire a star.
It was the only way to turn the lemons of losing KD into at least some lemonade.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This man really doesn't get it. It's getting embarrassing having to repeat this fact Every. Single. Time.

The above was your reply to Shane's comment - "Well his contract did just come off the books this offseason, it was dead cap"

So, in fact, you thought his contract came off the books this past offseason. what's embarrassing is you were way off base about your own team. And, as is your MO, you'll deflect and not own up to another mistake.

Deflect away.