• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see what Kawhi or his people have done wrong here

I didn't say it was wrong. You asked something to the effect of why the media circus is the way it is. And the reason for that is both sides have a role in why it is the way it is. It's not just the media. He's not doing anything wrong. But the way he goes about it does have effects. Since he gives no information whatsoever, it gets filled in from elsewhere, largely from pure speculation, and that feeds the frenzy. There's a desire for that information from fans so the media is gonna deliver it one way or the other.

With respect to Kawhi, if he's cool with that, fine. If he doesn't like the media frenzy, then he can't sit back and give absolutely nothing. He wants privacy, but when it comes to people like him (ie a certain level of fame and notoriety), giving nothing can have the same effect as being overexposed and being fully public in everything you do. It's an extreme that just ends up drawing more attention to yourself or situation.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey these teams have money to spend, you cant worry about stuff like that.
I'm not worried as long as it's not the Lakers that picks up Stoudemire, and I really don't believe the Thunder would be that stupid:lol:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say it was wrong. You asked something to the effect of why the media circus is the way it is. And the reason for that is both sides have a role in why it is the way it is. It's not just the media. He's not doing anything wrong. But the way he goes about it does have effects. Since he gives no information whatsoever, it gets filled in from elsewhere, largely from pure speculation, and that feeds the frenzy. There's a desire for that information from fans so the media is gonna deliver it one way or the other.

With respect to Kawhi, if he's cool with that, fine. If he doesn't like the media frenzy, then he can't sit back and give absolutely nothing. He wants privacy, but when it comes to people like him (ie a certain level of fame and notoriety), giving nothing can have the same effect as being overexposed and being fully public in everything you do. It's an extreme that just ends up drawing more attention to yourself or situation.

OK but it wasn't me who asked you anything like that

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....i dont think anyone could possilby think Miami was a contender last year or will be one this year.

I dont even believe the biggest homer of a Heat fan would say they have ANY hope of getting out of the 2nd round if by some miracle they get out of the first round- which is extremely extremely unlikely.

Nobody has suggested the Heat would do anything, so it you two want to have a back and forth on it, go right ahead.

As far as the other stuff, the Cavs have been in the league since the 70-71 season. In those seasons, without James on the roster, they have made it past the first round exactly 3 times. None of those occurrences was anywhere near recent. So keep acting like they have some successful master plan, but fact shows they have been nothing but inept.

You are telling me real Cavs fans wouldn't be thrilled to be in the playoffs?

The sucking aka 'tanking', vast majority of the time doesn't lead to much. A top player like A.D. has played a total of 13 playoff games in 7 seasons, for example, before forcing his way off the team that drafted him.

Anyway, I admittedly don't have time to watch CBB, but was there ANY better shooter then Herro, who the Heat drafted with pick 13?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody has suggested the Heat would do anything, so it you two want to have a back and forth on it, go right ahead.

As far as the other stuff, the Cavs have been in the league since the 70-71 season. In those seasons, without James on the roster, they have made it past the first round exactly 3 times. None of those occurrences was anywhere near recent. So keep acting like they have some successful master plan, but fact shows they have been nothing but inept.

The sucking aka 'tanking', vast majority of the time doesn't lead to much. A top player like A.D. has played a total of 13 playoff games in 7 seasons, for example, before forcing his way off the team that drafted him.

Anyway, I admittedly don't have time to watch CBB, but was there ANY better shooter then Herro, who the Heat drafted with pick 13?

And some thought the Heat had a bad selection with Herro at 13 given that other (perceived) more talented players were still on the board at times. It's only summer league, but man that kid can shoot. If he could end up being an excellent two-way player, then I'm beyond thrilled.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And some thought the Heat had a bad selection with Herro at 13 given that other (perceived) more talented players were still on the board at times. It's only summer league, but man that kid can shoot. If he could end up being an excellent two-way player, then I'm beyond thrilled.

Theres something about him.
Loving his swagger.
Summer league w/l results mean nothing, but shooting is what it is.
The NBA 3 point line is no obstacle for him. And his release is pretty damn quick.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes

There were better shooters.

Kyle Guy is a better shooter.

But nobody who combines elite shooting with the athletic measurables that Hero has

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres something about him.
Loving his swagger.
Summer league w/l results mean nothing, but shooting is what it is.
The NBA 3 point line is no obstacle for him. And his release is pretty damn quick.

saw him play some more yesterday. As you said, it's just Summer League but this kid is showing out. IF that translates to the real season you guys have found a diamond in the rough...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes

There were better shooters.

Kyle Guy is a better shooter.

But nobody who combines elite shooting with the athletic measurables that Hero has

I see Guy was taken 55th, so he must be perceived to be lacking in another parts of his game.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Guy was taken 55th, so he must be perceived to be lacking in another parts of his game.

He is 6’2 and just a straight 2. Does not profile as a combo guard or as a plus defender at either 1 or 2

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already been explained re: how long it took before he came off the books etc.

If memory serves, they had to wait a year from his last game played to apply for relief, meaning he was a max cap hit for 2 seasons he didn't play.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kyle Guy and Dylan Windler were better shooters that were available, but both of those guys are limited for a couple different reasons. Guys like Nickeil Alexander Walker, Jordan Poole and even his teammate Keldon Johnson had better percentages than Herro did as well for guys that play similar positions.

Herro is weird because he didn't shoot that well at Kentucky last year, but has all the makings of being a really good shooter. It was probably a little bit of a stretch at the time, given the roster, but with them getting Butler, it will actually help Herro. There were guys drafted behind him with more upside, but with the addition of Butler, he'll have a much better role now.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There were guys with more upside than him available IMO, but the addition of Butler really changes the outlook for the Heat and what he'll be expected to do.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were guys with more upside than him available IMO, but the addition of Butler really changes the outlook for the Heat and what he'll be expected to do.

I don’t know about that.

Herro profiles as a poor man’s Klay Thompson. He has the athleticism to be a plus defender.

If he learns to defend at the NBA level he can be an ideal complimentary piece.

Where there guys taken later who can be a #1? I don’t know. That is possible I guess. But a high end complimentary player is more valuable than a low end #1 guy, IMO.