• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs will have a team that has significant success long before Miami.

Says the same person who said:

“how the hell will they get Butler when they are so far over the cap its crazy?”

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way you could get Beal is by also taking Wall.

Assets just aren’t there.

Bam, Winslow + is not enough. And I doubt you would want to do even that.

I'm totally against this move. Beal and Butler wins you what? Especially at the cost of losing another one of our young guys?

Yeah I'll pass. I'm only ok with this if it is Dragic, Waiters, JJ, and etc. Don't want to lose Winslow or Bam.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooh.

I smell a bet coming on

He won't bet shit. We'll ask him to wager Vcash/AVIs and then he'll go into a long soliloquy, regurgitating the same nonsense that he was babbling about yesterday....without actually confirming that he'd take same bet.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between the Cavs when Lebron left and the Heat is that when Lebron left the Cavs the first time, he left the cupboard bare. The Cavs were tanking whether they wanted to or not.

When he left the Heat, D-Wade and Bosh were still there and many thought the Cavs and Heat could have ended up seeing each other in the ECF. But then Bosh's blood clot issues started and dragged on for what? 2-3 more years with Bosh still counting against their cap.

Because they were trying to compete, the Heat made different decisions regarding their roster/contracts than they may have made if they knew Bosh's clotting issues were going to end his career.

The only reason the Cavs recovered as quickly as they did was because Lebron then chose to come back. He was the only chance the Cavs had since no one else was coming.
OK, but the Cavs got the idea early after he left the plan should be lure him back. And even AFTER the letter he still chose to play for Gilbert again. And it worked.

Miami is a FA hotbed, Cavs are not. Has anyone said otherwise? Yet Miami is still looking to be at best a 4-5 seed in year 6 after he left. How long can they use it as an excuse?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm totally against this move. Beal and Butler wins you what? Especially at the cost of losing another one of our young guys?

Yeah I'll pass. I'm only ok with this if it is Dragic, Waiters, JJ, and etc. Don't want to lose Winslow or Bam.

Im keeping Herro.
Im feeling really good about him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but you are excluding alot of in between.

1. James/Bosh both wanted sign and trades which cost the Heat assets.

2. Bosh had career ending illness, while still taking up max cap space.

3. Cavs got very lucky with low % chances in draft lotto.
How about these...

1. Miami a destination for FAs. Cleveland is not
2. as to #3 above not exactly true, as while they got lucky with the Clipper pick being the #1 pick, their own pick had the best chance for the #1....and was the 4.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about these...

1. Miami a destination for FAs. Cleveland is not
2. as to #3 above not exactly true, as while they got lucky with the Clipper pick being the #1 pick, their own pick had the best chance for the #1....and was the 4.

When you consider that the Cavs got 3x #1 picks in a 4-year span, many would call that luck.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, none of those players have positive value.

If you took Wall and Beal,

Then I would think you could package whatever contracts you wanted to along with a distant first and a pick swap.

Keep Winslow and Bam if the math works.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you consider that the Cavs got 3x #1 picks in a 4-year span, many would call that luck.
no doubt some luck, sure. But 2 of those they had the best odds. And once was a draft even if you hit you weren't getting a guy worthy of going #1.

does this mean if rebuild goes slower this time we can blame bad luck on getting the 5 pick this year?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

how woul you interpret that?

Nobody fucking knows. They can't figure out if this is the first meeting or an additional meeting. If its the first, then its nothing to get excited about. We already knew he was giving Toronto the last meeting. If its an additional meeting, it could be anything from him telling them in person he's signing elsewhere (not unheard of) or him signing a new contract with the Raptors or who knows what else