• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope its true but i doubt it.

i think its almost assuredly the Lakers

i would laugh my balls off if its not because practically all the good role players are gone.

We would probably be left with Anthony Davis/DeMArcus Cousins Part Deux if Kawhi stays....which would be hilarious.

But alas, i dont think it is in the cards. I think hes going to LAL

I think the Lakers might try for Dragic if they don't get Khawi, but I don't think we'll find out.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what Utah did. But I'm not buying stock into Houston or OKC. Denver could be a dark horse as could Portland. But if LA lands Kawhi, I just don't see anyone in the West bringing them down.
would certainly be tough, but Lebron lately, and Kawhi/AD not exactly pillars of health.

Also like Utah, Denver, Portland...maybe eve GS if Klay back soon enough. Agree OKC and Houston are iffy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Lakers might try for Dragic if they don't get Khawi, but I don't think we'll find out.

Would be a good option. I think if Memphis buys out Iggy they get him no matter what. So adding Iggy and Dragic would be nice. Not much else on the market unless they give Cousins a small deal...but I doubt they would do that.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we still see parity. I mean don't get me wrong that trio would be INSANE but it is going to be a challenge to fill the bench. They probably still win 2 titles minimum but it wont be rainbows, puppy dogs and long walks on nice beaches

give you the "fill it in" part...

that was the chance we took on waiting...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is our plan guys....get ready for it....

instead of signing an All-Star in free agency....im gonna sign a bunch of shitbags to expensive contracts that no one wants....and then, instead of just signing the free agent all star out-right, we wont have any cap room, and be forced to sign and trade a good young player and a first round pick for him!! who's with me?

Let me know when Riley is eating lunch out of a vending machine.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Chris Sheridan saying? That's who we need to follow, everytime that guy says he is 100% sure it seems like he is on the money.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed like all the contracts Vlade gave out this offseason besides the one for Barnes could be off the team within 2 years, which might be deliberate. If the core of Fox/Buddy/Bagley/Bogi/Giles keep developing and getting better, a top FA could want to sign there in 2021. Not expecting it but you never know.

It may very well be deliberate. A couple more years for the youngsters to develop, then a bunch of money coming off the books for what should be a solid FA class.

It would be similar to what the Warriors did.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean I said it the other day. Dragic is not a bad player. good passer, good decision maker...

I wouldn't feel bad at all if he was on our roster...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes or no? ( But you won't answer, which is the answer).

Did you not post the Heat couldn't get Butler?

Did you not post that no top FA would come to Miami to play with Richardson?
Arison: but Pat....instead of spending a ton of money on shitbags...why not just save your cap space for a star?

Pat: No no -- you arent understanding me....first we sign a ton of guys to bad contracts....make sure we have no way in hell to get the required cap room to sign him as a free agent, AND THEN we make our move....we trade a good young player on a great contract, a future first rounder, and have to absorb some schmuck big man making way too much money, in order to get the player we couldve just got for nothing! Thats the plan!!

ARison: Pat....why dont we just save our cap room instead of giving 16 million a year to a guy like J. Johnson who is a dime a dozen? Or a malcontent that cant stay healthy like Dion Waiters? Or decide NOT to match a ridiculous offer sheet for Tyler Johnson?

Pat: I am speechless. What dont you get about the plan!!! I know we could just save our cap room--- but that way we wouldnt get the 9th seed in the EAst!!! Dont you realize we would get the 11th or 12th spot in the East if we didnt sign James Johnson to a terrible contract? That we could maybe pass up the Orlando Magic inthe standings if we sign Dion Waiters and Kelly Olnyk? Dont you want to have bragging rights over the Hornets for the 10th best team in the East?

Arison: WEll, i gotta say Pat, I could give a fuck about being either the 12th best or 9th best team in the East, but - hey, you are the hall of famer...if you say so....but, i gotta say, im gonna make an appointment with you with my doctor to make sure there are no hallucinogens in that hair gel of yours.

Pat: Oh I know there is trace amounts of Peyote and Magic Mushrooms in this hair gel! its direct shipped from Thailand- I mean you think I could come up with a great idea like giving Hassan Whiteside a max contract when he was playing in Serbia a year ago on my own!!! This shit just doesnt think itself up Mickey. Whoa...you kinda look like Mickey Mouse.....and hae the same name.....this shit is really hitting me....

Arison: (silently praying that Riley decides to retire ASAP)

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would certainly be tough, but Lebron lately, and Kawhi/AD not exactly pillars of health.

Also like Utah, Denver, Portland...maybe eve GS if Klay back soon enough. Agree OKC and Houston are iffy.

It would be interesting to see how many rest games would be on schedule for all 3 of them.
Who knows how the roster would be filled out, but if one of those 3 are out, wins would be much more difficult vs good teams.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arison: but Pat....instead of spending a ton of money on shitbags...why not just save your cap space for a star?

Pat: No no -- you arent understanding me....first we sign a ton of guys to bad contracts....make sure we have no way in hell to get the required cap room to sign him as a free agent, AND THEN we make our move....we trade a good young player on a great contract, a future first rounder, and have to absorb some schmuck big man making way too much money, in order to get the player we couldve just got for nothing! Thats the plan!!

ARison: Pat....why dont we just save our cap room instead of giving 16 million a year to a guy like J. Johnson who is a dime a dozen? Or a malcontent that cant stay healthy like Dion Waiters? Or decide NOT to match a ridiculous offer sheet for Tyler Johnson?

Pat: I am speechless. What dont you get about the plan!!! I know we could just save our cap room--- but that way we wouldnt get the 9th seed in the EAst!!! Dont you realize we would get the 11th or 12th spot in the East if we didnt sign James Johnson to a terrible contract? That we could maybe pass up the Orlando Magic inthe standings if we sign Dion Waiters and Kelly Olnyk? Dont you want to have bragging rights over the Hornets for the 10th best team in the East?

Arison: WEll, i gotta say Pat, I could give a fuck about being either the 12th best or 9th best team in the East, but - hey, you are the hall of famer...if you say so....but, i gotta say, im gonna make an appointment with you with my doctor to make sure there are no hallucinogens in that hair gel of yours.

Pat: Oh I know there is trace amounts of Peyote and Magic Mushrooms in this hair gel! its direct shipped from Thailand- I mean you think I could come up with a great idea like giving Hassan Whiteside a max contract when he was playing in Serbia a year ago on my own!!! This shit just doesnt think itself up Pat.

Arison: (silently praying that Riley decides to retire ASAP)

Another 1000 words, but didn't answer the question asked. Too funny.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. But Wiggy has always spouted off that tanking is really the only strategy to getting back into title contention. As you've mentioned, Miami and Cleveland have vastly different markets, so Miami doesn't have to go into full tank mode.
I don't think they have to, but have to say - especially with hindsight - I would think they'd have been better off bottoming out the last 2-3 seasons as opposed to being a middling team where best case scenario is a 6 seed.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Lakers, 1 was a pick where they were compensated for players lost in an expansion draft (I believe). That rule no longer exists.

I believe their other one came from a trade.
Worthy came from a pick from the Cavs (Cavs got Jerome Whitehead). One of the many deals Cavs made that led to The Stepien Rule.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not like it wast he HEat culture, it was just work in general. lol

I cant imagine he is going to be a gung-ho cardio freak and dedicated ball-mover/passer and hustle/switch out on defense in his next stop.
So good riddance then. You are trying to have it both ways with your Heat bashing and it's kind of stupid.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SportsHoopla Jeopardy. Question 1.

Which poster said this?: "Yah good luck with that....no one is coming to Miami to play with Justice Winslow and Josh Richardson".

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SportsHoopla Final Jeopardy.

Which poster said this? "how the hell will they get Butler when they are so far over the cap its crazy? "