• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arison: but Pat....instead of spending a ton of money on shitbags...why not just save your cap space for a star?

Pat: No no -- you arent understanding me....first we sign a ton of guys to bad contracts....make sure we have no way in hell to get the required cap room to sign him as a free agent, AND THEN we make our move....we trade a good young player on a great contract, a future first rounder, and have to absorb some schmuck big man making way too much money, in order to get the player we couldve just got for nothing! Thats the plan!!

ARison: Pat....why dont we just save our cap room instead of giving 16 million a year to a guy like J. Johnson who is a dime a dozen? Or a malcontent that cant stay healthy like Dion Waiters? Or decide NOT to match a ridiculous offer sheet for Tyler Johnson?

Pat: I am speechless. What dont you get about the plan!!! I know we could just save our cap room--- but that way we wouldnt get the 9th seed in the EAst!!! Dont you realize we would get the 11th or 12th spot in the East if we didnt sign James Johnson to a terrible contract? That we could maybe pass up the Orlando Magic inthe standings if we sign Dion Waiters and Kelly Olnyk? Dont you want to have bragging rights over the Hornets for the 10th best team in the East?

Arison: WEll, i gotta say Pat, I could give a fuck about being either the 12th best or 9th best team in the East, but - hey, you are the hall of famer...if you say so....but, i gotta say, im gonna make an appointment with you with my doctor to make sure there are no hallucinogens in that hair gel of yours.

Pat: Oh I know there is trace amounts of Peyote and Magic Mushrooms in this hair gel! its direct shipped from Thailand- I mean you think I could come up with a great idea like giving Hassan Whiteside a max contract when he was playing in Serbia a year ago on my own!!! This shit just doesnt think itself up Mickey. Whoa...you kinda look like Mickey Mouse.....and hae the same name.....this shit is really hitting me....

Arison: (silently praying that Riley decides to retire ASAP)
Have to say that is pure comedy, but why not just say you were wrong when you said they could never sign Butler?

That said, is amusing many Heat fans seem to care more about you being wrong even if it means their team still doesn't look to have any hope of getting too far past purgatory.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question....has woj ever had a bigtime scoop no one else had? Not saying reported a deal after it was done, but a story like Steven A being the only one who had Bosh/Lebron to Heat or Chris Sheridan doubling down on Lebron back to Cavs well before announcement. saying he's 100% sure.

Sheridan had the LeBron SI letter.
He was home free with that one.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be interesting to see how many rest games would be on schedule for all 3 of them.
Who knows how the roster would be filled out, but if one of those 3 are out, wins would be much more difficult vs good teams.
You know as well as I do at this point Lebron's thought is just get to playoffs....seed doesn't matter.

MizzouFalcon

Let’s Fuck Some Shit Up is my legal middle name
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just sent a text to Kawhi asking where he’s playing next year. He said Seattle as a one man team.

Sonics are back, baby!

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question....has woj ever had a bigtime scoop no one else had? Not saying reported a deal after it was done, but a story like Steven A being the only one who had Bosh/Lebron to Heat or Chris Sheridan doubling down on Lebron back to Cavs well before announcement. saying he's 100% sure.

will say he's on top of it faster from what I've seen...

and admittedly personal preference...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic came from one of the draft picks the Lakers got when the New Orleans Jazz signed Gail Goodrich and the Lakers got 3 draft picks as compensation, one of which was their 1979 first rounder.
Cavs also helped turn Dallas into a contender.....I think we gave them picks that turned into Perkins and tarpley. I know we received Mike Braatz for one. Not sure about the other.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say that is pure comedy, but why not just say you were wrong when you said they could never sign Butler?

That said, is amusing many Heat fans seem to care more about you being wrong even if it means their team still doesn't look to have any hope of getting too far past purgatory.

No.
In hindsight they were bad signings, but at the time, when all else failed, one could understand the reasoning.

They went 30-11 second half of that season.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know as well as I do at this point Lebron's thought is just get to playoffs....seed doesn't matter.

I would think top 4, at least, would be a priority.
Need room for error with injuries, etc.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will say he's on top of it faster from what I've seen...

and admittedly personal preference...
woj? Assuming that's who you mean, it seems so....but that seems to be because tampering just isn't a thing anymore.

I do like the guy, though.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dragic has been pretty healthy except for whatever happened last season.
By seasons end, he was fine.

I know LeBron handles the ball, but if he wanted/needed to preserve energy he knows he could trust Dragic.

With Dragic, Lebron could actually rest during the game occasionally by just letting Dragic run the offense for awhile.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.
In hindsight they were bad signings, but at the time, when all else failed, one could understand the reasoning.

They went 30-11 second half of that season.
I cannot say a season like that - during the season - is not far more entertaining than a season of tanking.

But having seen tanking work in bball and the NFL I am all for it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think top 4, at least, would be a priority.
Need room for error with injuries, etc.
ideally, sure, but I would bet health is most important to him....especially because if they had all 3 and lost one things would get very tough. Especially if Lebron or Kawhi was the one.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Marc Stein just tweeted that it looks like the Lakers are in the lead for Kawhi based on assurances that he has received from both Magic and Lebron.

So, the Lakers are apparently in the lead for him. But I also heard that the meeting with the Clippers went well and he still needs to meet with the Raptors.

Apparently, the KD injury, Kyrie going to the Nets and the Butler trade are really hurting the Clips because Kawhi doesn't want to be the sole star.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot say a season like that - during the season - is not far more entertaining than a season of tanking.

But having seen tanking work in bball and the NFL I am all for it.

I’m guessing you wouldnt be if you had expensive season tickets and a pretty much 6 hour time investment to attend games.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Marc Stein just tweeted that it looks like the Lakers are in the lead for Kawhi based on assurances that he has received from both Magic and Lebron.

So, the Lakers are apparently in the lead for him. But I also heard that the meeting with the Clippers went well and he still needs to meet with the Raptors.

Apparently, the KD injury, Kyrie going to the Nets and the Butler trade are really hurting the Clips because Kawhi doesn't want to be the sole star.

Maybe he should have thought of that for the last few weeks when all the others were plotting?