• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something tells me that if the Kings formed a superteam, you would have a slightly different opinion. lol
Well Vlade said last offseason that the Kings were a superteam, just young. So by his logic it's already been formed. And if they could sign 2/3 all nba players that boosted the Kings up the league and won them a title, I would be all for it. Doesn't really change my overall opinion on super teams, but I'm not gonna refuse to enjoy my teams success because of how it happened.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slightly closer then we were before. But really, out of the East, it's Milwaukee and Philly (unless Kawhi returns), and Brooklyn after next year.. And in the West, GS is going to have an off-year and it may be the Lakers that are running the conference. The Heat are more in the 2nd tier category. But crazier things have happened.

Butler is by definition, a star.
Top tier? Nope.
Still though, hes enough of a star to help attract others.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hometown discount, or do we simply overvalue him?

Look at the deals other veteran bigs are getting around the league.

Looney is a solid role player and he is still pretty young. I figured somebody would offer 8-10 million a year. Maybe they did, I don’t know. Looney is worth at least that much in today’s market, IMO.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a lot of money for a guard who can’t make shots outside the paint and only makes a little over half his free throws.

My thoughts exactly.

Philly about to have 4 guys in their starting lineup getting 100+M.

Just wow

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hometown discount, or do we simply overvalue him?

I think its possibly overvalued to a degree, but I feel like it's not too much off base. Hell Maxi Kleber just got a 3 year deal for 35M from the Mavericks. But on the flip side guys like Ed Davis and Enes Kanter also got deals in the 5M annually range. So it's probably somewhere in the middle.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Awful, just awful. You shouldn't get paid that much if you are a point forward and can't even hit a mid-range shot, let alone an 10 footer. I could see if he was working on his shot or even attempting to shoot outside shots, nothing yet. Not to mention, he is a mid 50's free throw shooter.

He better be working on his jumpshot and start attempting shots. Ridiculous

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at acting like Waiters is untradeable and on an overpaid contract.....

He needs to keep going down the Heat roster after each one he says was un tradable, is traded.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure that's what everyone thought about the Warriors. Smaller market teams that don't typically draw top FA's just have to do it a little differently.

If the Kings draft well and their young guys develop, they can have a core that attracts a top FA or 2.

I find it kind of interesting that with OKC putting together the core they had when they had KD, Westbrook and Harden, the Warriors having a dynasty and the Cavs making 4 straight finals, not to mention what the Spurs accomplished over the past 20 years...that people complain about a team that hasn't been to the playoffs in 6 years "breaking the league".
It seemed like all the contracts Vlade gave out this offseason besides the one for Barnes could be off the team within 2 years, which might be deliberate. If the core of Fox/Buddy/Bagley/Bogi/Giles keep developing and getting better, a top FA could want to sign there in 2021. Not expecting it but you never know.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the deals other veteran bigs are getting around the league.

Looney is a solid role player and he is still pretty young. I figured somebody would offer 8-10 million a year. Maybe they did, I don’t know. Looney is worth at least that much in today’s market, IMO.

Yeah, it seems crazy to me. Warriors should've lost him last offseason, and they were very limited on what they could offer him after agreeing to acquire Russell, so I'm very surprised he's staying. I wonder if the gave the Warriors a discount. Former Warrior Kelenna Azubuike said on local radio this morning that Looney loves being here and doesn't make money his highest priority, but I don't know if he had a source for that or if he was just speculating. He's around the team for his TV work, so maybe he does know.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,566.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BuckAlice is posting threads like crazy this week.....SMH.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts exactly.

Philly about to have 4 guys in their starting lineup getting 100+M.

Just wow

And everyone was getting on Golden State about the luxury tax. The things that worries me for Philly is:

1) Tobias Harris is grossly overpaid.
2) Simmons is talented and has a high ceiling. But his jump shot is crap from outside of 10 feet; which can be fixed.
3) I don't believe Brett Brown is the right coach for the 76ers in the long run.

If they don't win a title within the next few years, it will be a complete disaster for them.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slightly closer then we were before. But really, out of the East, it's Milwaukee and Philly (unless Kawhi returns), and Brooklyn after next year.. And in the West, GS is going to have an off-year and it may be the Lakers that are running the conference. The Heat are more in the 2nd tier category. But crazier things have happened.
I think West is wide open.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think West is wide open.

I like what Utah did. But I'm not buying stock into Houston or OKC. Denver could be a dark horse as could Portland. But if LA lands Kawhi, I just don't see anyone in the West bringing them down.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its possibly overvalued to a degree, but I feel like it's not too much off base. Hell Maxi Kleber just got a 3 year deal for 35M from the Mavericks. But on the flip side guys like Ed Davis and Enes Kanter also got deals in the 5M annually range. So it's probably somewhere in the middle.
Jazz are gonna be really good. If kawhi stays in Toronto they are my favorites...maybe in the entire NBA.