• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saw that on CBS earlier today...

felt bad when the Chiefs let him go, but now it seems the guy's got some serious issues...
His issue here is he needs friends who make sure he stays out of these situations.....was only a disagreement with a friend.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,056.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Definitely a black mark for Griffin.

Just wanted to point it's funny that Wiggy makes fun of the Heat for drafting Napier (whom we drafted in the 20's mind you), and he's still in the league. Bennett was taking with the #1 pick and lasted what? 3 years?
It's what he does

He rips Ball and Ingram for similar reasons and both will have better careees than Bennett.....they already have tbh.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,056.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, finishing off a season where you went 19-63 and got the 5th pick in the lotto definitely sounded like a great year.
You would expect a top 3 pick after that abortion of a season....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL it could be another week. I see why he had the questions about the trainers, his staff, etc. he is probably going back and forth. I do think the Clippers are out but who knows.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one pick that the Heat gave up, and it's lotto-protected until 2026. And there's an all-star that's 29 right now that wanted to get on the Heat now; we gave up little to get him. I liked Richardson as a player, but he was in the wrong role on the Heat whereas in Philly he'll be in a better role.

But my comments were addressed to Wiggy where we unloaded a crap ton of assets in order to get Butler. Him calling Whiteside an asset is super-hypocritical given his longstanding view on Whiteside. He's had to have written several dissertations on the matter while lurking these forums.
On this agree....might be certain "wins" referring to Wiggy comments, but if your goal is a Heat title, and not wiggy being wrong, I don't think the Heat is much closer.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Definitely a black mark for Griffin.

Just wanted to point it's funny that Wiggy makes fun of the Heat for drafting Napier (whom we drafted in the 20's mind you), and he's still in the league. Bennett was taking with the #1 pick and lasted what? 3 years?
Not many picks worse than Bennett I can recall.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely do. It's par for the course what the Heat gave up. So not sure why Wiggy's laughing his ass off on what the Heat gave up.
It's only "par for the course" if instead of cap room you have guys who at best take up cap space and make you average.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can say what you want about Jimmy Butler being ass, but let's review:

Chicago - By all accounts got tired of the situation in Chicago, and the front office there has no clue in what they're doing.

Minnesota - Apparently grew tired of KAT and Wiggins lack of work ethic and desire to win. Forced his way out of there.

Philly - Literally offered him a max deal to stay.

And now he's in Miami to be the lead man. He apparently has an issue with teammates that don't want to win and doesn't like losing - what horrible qualities. And in terms of mileage. For 6 straight seasons that spans from Chicago to Minnesota, he's averaged around 36 - 38 MPG and hasn't been past the 2nd round. I think he'll be fine.

But let me know how Cleveland is doing at the bottom of the league again. Enjoy hovering around the Knicks and the Suns....again.
Gonna be another long year, it seems, no doubt. But if there were a FA they wanted who wanted them after next season they only need to sign him. Not trade for him. ....and might add another top pick.

And Miami had the advantage of being a FA destination for players.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many picks worse than Bennett I can recall.
yah Bennet sucked...ill never dispute that in a million years...the Cavs were terrible the year after LeBron left...big surprise.

it always reaffirms that I am right when people start changing the subject from the shit job the Heat have done, or the terrible job the Lakers did at selecting palyers in the draft the last few years to the Cavs--- who just went to 4 straight Finals, lost LeBron and are rebuilding.

LeBron has been gone from Miami for half a decade and they have one 1 playoff series win and are pretty mediocre at best, and at worst suck.

The Lakers have not won a single playoff game in 7 years.

Ill GUARANTEE you it does not take the Cavs 7 years to win a fuckng playoff game. LOL

itll be another year or two of bad basketball, but then the foundation will be laid for a nice 5 year or so run----- hopefully they hit on a pick or two and get into a Philly situation, or at worst, a Portland situation, where at least you are consitently winning and getting some home court playoff games and winning some series.

If 6 seasons after LeBron has left the Cavs we are in the shape the Heat are right now, it will be a massive massive fucking burning building of a failure.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you want about Jimmy Butler but he is a top 20 player and one of the best 2 way players in the league.

Every move the Heat make is bad according to Wiggy.

Can't take a guy like that seriously
Probably lies somewhere in the middle. Not a bad idea to go after Butler, but he's not wrong in thinking there might have been better ways to have gone about this with better planning....sure, maybe they don't have a couple middling seasons you can look fondly at but perhaps they have some better picks/players they could have made, Butler AND still Richardson and the future pick they lost?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, finishing off a season where you went 19-63 and got the 5th pick in the lotto definitely sounded like a great year.
nope but it's reality for a market like ours if you ever want to compete again. Sounds better than 30-35 wins and our pick made by Atlanta.