• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On this agree....might be certain "wins" referring to Wiggy comments, but if your goal is a Heat title, and not wiggy being wrong, I don't think the Heat is much closer.

Slightly closer then we were before. But really, out of the East, it's Milwaukee and Philly (unless Kawhi returns), and Brooklyn after next year.. And in the West, GS is going to have an off-year and it may be the Lakers that are running the conference. The Heat are more in the 2nd tier category. But crazier things have happened.

Reactions: GNG

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope but it's reality for a market like ours if you ever want to compete again. Sounds better than 30-35 wins and our pick made by Atlanta.

Agreed. But Wiggy has always spouted off that tanking is really the only strategy to getting back into title contention. As you've mentioned, Miami and Cleveland have vastly different markets, so Miami doesn't have to go into full tank mode.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah Bennet sucked...ill never dispute that in a million years...the Cavs were terrible the year after LeBron left...big surprise.

it always reaffirms that I am right when people start changing the subject from the shit job the Heat have done, or the terrible job the Lakers did at selecting palyers in the draft the last few years to the Cavs--- who just went to 4 straight Finals, lost LeBron and are rebuilding.

LeBron has been gone from Miami for half a decade and they have one 1 playoff series win and are pretty mediocre at best, and at worst suck.

The Lakers have not won a single playoff game in 7 years.

Ill GUARANTEE you it does not take the Cavs 7 years to win a fuckng playoff game. LOL

itll be another year or two of bad basketball, but then the foundation will be laid for a nice 5 year or so run----- hopefully they hit on a pick or two and get into a Philly situation, or at worst, a Portland situation, where at least you are consitently winning and getting some home court playoff games and winning some series.

If 6 seasons after LeBron has left the Cavs we are in the shape the Heat are right now, it will be a massive massive fucking burning building of a failure.

LMFAO wow, somebody woke up on the wrong side of bed...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do question how teams back then were able to have the best record in the NBA or close to, and still wind up with the #1 overall pick.

For the Lakers, 1 was a pick where they were compensated for players lost in an expansion draft (I believe). That rule no longer exists.

I believe their other one came from a trade.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly can't believe the Warriors once again retained Looney to a contract that should have EASILY been surpassed by other teams. 3 years for 15M is a friggin steal.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly can't believe the Warriors once again retained Looney to a contract that should have EASILY been surpassed by other teams. 3 years for 15M is a friggin steal.

Yeah I would thought he could have gotten 8-12 around there. They are paying essentially more for him with the tax but I agree $5/year....a great steal.

I bet if Kawhi wasn't taking so long and he chose the Raptors or Clippers, the Lakers would have paid Looney.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I would thought he could have gotten 8-12 around there. They are paying essentially more for him with the tax but I agree $5/year....a great steal.

I bet if Kawhi wasn't taking so long and he chose the Raptors or Clippers, the Lakers would have paid Looney.

The Rockets not stealing him away and giving him the MLE was stupid, IMO. They could have easily given him a 3 year 25M deal and he would have been incredibly beneficial to their team. Looney is actually one of the best Harden defenders in the NBA too, lol. Looney doesn't get to show his offense much (which I think you'll see increase a LOT this year), but he's got a mid range jumpshot and range all the way out to the 3 point line. Check his career with UCLA. He's got more offensive potential than Capela and is one of the best big man perimeter defenders already in the NBA for when the Rockets go small.

Teams just are sleeping on him for some reason. My bold prediction this year is that he'll average close to a double double and see about 28 minutes a game this year. And we'll see him expand his offensive game too.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah Bennet sucked...ill never dispute that in a million years...the Cavs were terrible the year after LeBron left...big surprise.

it always reaffirms that I am right when people start changing the subject from the shit job the Heat have done, or the terrible job the Lakers did at selecting palyers in the draft the last few years to the Cavs--- who just went to 4 straight Finals, lost LeBron and are rebuilding.

LeBron has been gone from Miami for half a decade and they have one 1 playoff series win and are pretty mediocre at best, and at worst suck.

Ill GUARANTEE you it does not take the Cavs 7 years to win a fuckng playoff game. LOL

itll be another year or two of bad basketball, but then the foundation will be laid for a nice 5 year or so run----- hopefully they hit on a pick or two and get into a Philly situation, or at worst, a Portland situation, where at least you are consitently winning and getting some home court playoff games and winning some series.

If 6 seasons after LeBron has left the Cavs we are in the shape the Heat are right now, it will be a massive massive fucking burning building of a failure.

So, in a couple years Cavs will be good enough to be in the position which you often claim is the worst position to be in?

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure those are all Hall of Famers.

I would call those Celtics the equivalent of the Warriors WITHOUT Durant. Most of those guys are home grown and developed into stars with the Celts.

So, they equivalent of the Warriors with Durant would have been like ...

Bird
Mchale
Parish
DJ

And then add Bernard King. :nod:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss
Still avoiding #3191?

Also, havent you specifically used Richardsons name as a reason no top FA would come to the Heat?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect you.

You & @dtgold88 are much more honest than Wiggy.

I don't respect wiggy

If I had a choice, I wouldn't want him as my #1 but if the choices are him/J-Rich then I'm going Jimmy. I also think Miami is not a shit show (when it comes to organizations/coaches) as it was in Chicago/Minny so I think he'll be fine when it comes to his attitude. Even Wade had an issue in Chicago and as for Minny, Rose made similar comments about Towns as Butler did.

In Philly, he had no issues. The coach even made a comment about Butler being the "adult" in the room during the playoffs.

He will be fine in Miami as a teammate. Is he probably better off as a 1B/#2? Yeah but if my choices are him or J-Rich then give me Jimmy
As I said, I'd have taken him with the choice they had. Bulls have had issues last few years but did have a stretch where they had some success (even more if not for Lebron). I don't see this Miami team getting to that level.

Minnesota? That's a different matter.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would call those Celtics the equivalent of the Warriors WITHOUT Durant. Most of those guys are home grown and developed into stars with the Celts.

So, they equivalent of the Warriors with Durant would have been like ...

Bird
Mchale
Parish
DJ

And then add Bernard King. :nod:

Or Magic Johnson

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,656.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You change the subject often.....LOL

Pot meet kettle....

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Celts were a superteam. They drafted Bird and Mchale and Parish and DJ and them weren't all-NBA players.

I do question how teams back then were able to have the best record in the NBA or close to, and still wind up with the #1 overall pick.
Lakers had it once because of a trade with the Cavs for a scrub (Jerome whitehead). who else had a top pick that had best record (or close to best)?

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I get it from a "casual fan" point of view. but let's face it, man. every team is gonna take an "unfair advantage" whenever they can to get titles...
No one would deny that a team shouldn't do what they can to win, if the Kings ever had a chance to sign 2 top 5/10 players they'd be dumb not to do so. Same with KD to the Warriors, they could do it and it helped them win 2 titles. But some would like to have a better competitive balance which will be thrown off if Kawhi does go to the Lakers.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hometown discount, or do we simply overvalue him?