• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, is there something wrong with these players who constantly want to team up with other elite players? It seems uncompetitive, like they’d rather take the easy way out.

It’s surprising when their success is a bit limited. Have any of these super teams won more than 2 titles?

I mean you kinda have to. Look at the top teams in the league. There are 2 top 20-25ish players on most teams.

I don't consider it the easy way out. If other teams are doing it, you can't just sit there and try and do it myself if you truly care about trying to win titles.

But like @Shanemansj13 said, these superteams only win 2 titles at most usually because they don't typically last more than 4 years so 2 titles in 4 years while making the finals every single year that you were together is pretty damn good.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IT to the Wizards

Thoughts @tlance

Good for IT.

Wizards are beyond screwed in the short term with their cap situation.

IT should get consistent minutes in a Washington. Perhaps he can get back to 75% of the player he was before. If he does, the Wizards could win 35-40 games.

Until they hire a competent GM who knows how to build a team, we aren’t getting out of our cap hell. So anything that could make the team incrementally better is a solid move. They will never do what I want them to and blow it up.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance

Oooof. That is brutal. On the plus side, its perfect for a top 3 pick!

And hopefully my boy Justin Robinson can get some playing time

Wow.

Never mind.

Honestly didn’t realize how bad that roster is.

IT getting all he can handle. Beal is shut down candidate.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

Never mind.

Honestly didn’t realize how bad that roster is.

IT getting all he can handle. Beal is shut down candidate.

Wiz need to tear it down. Trade Beal and Wall (if you can) and start over

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woj on Sportscenter with SVP;

"There is no market for Demarcus Cousins"

Ouch. Said teams aren't even really looking at giving him the mid-level and he could be staring at the vet minimum again. That's gotta suck. Turned down a sizable chunk of change from the Pels last season thinking he could ring chase with the Dubs and get a bigger deal this summer. Now there's no deal and he didn't even get a ring

I don’t understand this.

We are in a world where Brook Lopez gets 50 some million over 4 years.

Nobody wants to pay Cousins 2 years 20 million?

He has his warts for sure, but he can do some good things if used correctly.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean you kinda have to. Look at the top teams in the league. There are 2 top 20-25ish players on most teams.

I don't consider it the easy way out. If other teams are doing it, you can't just sit there and try and do it myself if you truly care about trying to win titles.

But like @Shanemansj13 said, these superteams only win 2 titles at most usually because they don't typically last more than 4 years so 2 titles in 4 years while making the finals every single year that you were together is pretty damn good.

We saw first hand with the Heat what happens.
You become a traveling circus, take every teams best shot.
You become bored with the regular season, and just hope to be healthy for the playoffs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz need to tear it down. Trade Beal and Wall (if you can) and start over

I have given up on trading Wall.

Not sure it worth it. Don’t think he will do a lot to help the Wizards win, so collect assets, take back bad contracts and build with the idea of clearing up cap space the year Wall comes off the books.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw first hand with the Heat what happens.
You become a traveling circus, take every teams best shot.
You become bored with the regular season, and just hope to be healthy for the playoffs.

Kawhi could completely change the narrative and give us parity for at least the next 2 years.

But right now, this looks like the new normal. 1 superteam will rule the league with a couple competitors that might have been championship teams in non-super eras. Next chance to build a new super team is 2021.

Difference is, if done in a market like LA it could possible last a little longer.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi could completely change the narrative and give us parity for at least the next 2 years.

But right now, this looks like the new normal. 1 superteam will rule the league with a couple competitors that might have been championship teams in non-super eras. Next chance to build a new super team is 2021.

Difference is, if done in a market like LA it could possible last a little longer.

He could, but I haven’t seen, read or heard of any indication that he will.
Seems like he’s just doing final due diligence before committing to Lakers.

If he’s choosing Toronto, then he knows everything there is to know and has no reason to not announce.

He’s not the drama diva that James was, where he needs to drag it out for any other purpose then that.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,316.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers have their shooters....bringing Ray Allen and Reggie Miller out of retirement....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having 3 top 10 players on one team is too much super for one superteam to have. I get superteams have been a thing forever but I'm not a fan of guys teaming up with multiple other all stars/all NBA players to make their chances of winning it all way easier. I enjoyed the Heat big 3 losing and was happy the Warriors lost(although they weren't much of a superteam at the end), if the Lakers get Kawhi and they fail to win it all that'll be even better than those instances. My biggest frustration is it being back to back superteams in the Kings division, one is their norcal rival and the other is their most hated rival. That combined with the Kings being stuck in a decade plus drought is not fun.

Something tells me that if the Kings formed a superteam, you would have a slightly different opinion. lol

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,316.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an army of people ready to notify me if he decides on Thursday or later in the Holiday weekend.

#Bigplans

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately it seems this is how the league is now, the players run it, they team up wherever to play with their friends and mix and match. Curry (Westbrook?) might be the last superstar to stay with one team, ever. There's something lost from the old days for sure, but this is the era now. Superteams forming and dying and others rising. Players wanting to play with their buddies...apparently a lot of chatter here is about how KD and Kyrie basically planned this from day 1 beginning of this season...they just want to play together...the money at these levels doesn't matter (which is why these guys so often take less than the max to...play with their friends (DeAndre))

It's the state of the sport, I try to enjoy this era and remember the past ones had great stuff too. It's still great, just different. Have to admit the talent level is the best it's ever been.

There have always been superteams. The only difference is that now, the players have figured out how to make them happen and have the power to do it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, but it's hard to enjoy when they team up on teams I root against already. Also doesn't help that the Kings will most likely never be a place a few top FA's will want to sign with to form a super team no matter how good their core players/FO are. I guess playing together during all star weekend isn't good enough anymore.

Pretty sure that's what everyone thought about the Warriors. Smaller market teams that don't typically draw top FA's just have to do it a little differently.

If the Kings draft well and their young guys develop, they can have a core that attracts a top FA or 2.

I find it kind of interesting that with OKC putting together the core they had when they had KD, Westbrook and Harden, the Warriors having a dynasty and the Cavs making 4 straight finals, not to mention what the Spurs accomplished over the past 20 years...that people complain about a team that hasn't been to the playoffs in 6 years "breaking the league".