• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, is there something wrong with these players who constantly want to team up with other elite players? It seems uncompetitive, like they’d rather take the easy way out.

It’s surprising when their success is a bit limited. Have any of these super teams won more than 2 titles?

Warriors just won 3.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never had any issue with whatever choice any FA makes.
I'm not thrilled with what A.D. did, or any other player who causes drama while under contract.
As far as super teams, if franchises have the ability to get it done, then why not?

Agree, especially with the bold. I'm glad AD is a Laker and I have no issue with these guys trying to force a trade to go where they want if they know they're leaving anyway. It gives the team they're leaving a chance to get something for them.

I just wish they wouldn't go public with it. If they do it quietly, the team can get a better return. You never get dollar for dollar in return when trading away a star player, but you could probably get 75 cents on the dollar if it's done quietly.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you guys on drugs? what happened is EXACTLY what i said would happen- in order to get rid the contraact they have to attach a first round pick, which is exactly what happened.
I still don't think Miami is close to being an East contender. But to be fair you figured they would need to trade whiteside with a pick just to get rid of him not to acquire an all star.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley fucked their cap up so bad over the last few years with such shit signings like Waiters and JJohnson and Olnyk and Whiteside that, in order to get a guy who was a FREE AGENT- they had to give up Josh Richardson, a first round pick, and take on Meyers Leonard

think about how fucking bad that is!!!

the guy was a FREE AGENT!!! but Riley fukced his cap so hard the last few years they had to give up a very solid 25 year old 3 and D player on a super cheap contract, and a future first, and take 1 year of Meyers Leonard

thats fucking terrible.

you guys are on drugs.
On that I agree......not like they cleared cap space like some teams and simply signed Butler. They'd have been much better off doing that and not shooting for mediocre at best with bad contracts.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You look like you could use some calming drugs. It's ok man, no one here is expecting you to get many right.
While he might have been wrong about not being able to unload whiteside only with a pick and for crap, he was right about the comment to which you replied.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They drafted players, not sign 3 of the best players in the League.

They drafted Steph, Klay and Dray, but added others in FA and via trade, including KD.

Smaller market teams have to build them differently, but the Warriors and a couple of others have shown it can be done.

Heck, if Kawhi doesn't go to the Lakers, Utah might be the favorite.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruh, he said Whiteside was the most cancerous player in the league and that he was going to go off one day in a bad way. He was Whiteside public enemy #1.

Now that he's not on the Heat, Whiteside's an asset. Strange times.
Those are fair comments but he's not wrong about some comments......wouldn't it have been better to have been able to keep a guy like JRich and all picks and go get the FA they wanted like other teams did?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the Cavs paying an injury prone Love?

Asking for a friend.....
4 years, $120 mil.

In all seriousness, with the Cs need for more size thinking Cavs and Cs should be thinking of a Hayward and Memphis pick for Love deal.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just summer league, but better they play well than not, right?

Both were on the bench lol. Sexton was watching, supporting his team and Garland is still recovering. Windler played well though.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are fair comments but he's not wrong about some comments......wouldn't it have been better to have been able to keep a guy like JRich and all picks and go get the FA they wanted like other teams did?

Wouldn’t it be nice to have a crystal ball?
Whiteside had other max offers.
Heat had to make quick decision.

On top of that, Whiteside has been a league leader.
The ‘new’ NBA limits him, but thats not his fault.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to make a thing out of this, I just don't get the superteam hate when there has almost always been a dominant franchise. I'm pretty pumped to see what that team looks like if Kawhi goes there and I don't like the Lakers one bit.

Yes they become the new Warriors, and it's fun to root against the superteams isn't it?
Most folks hate superteams but you just be you.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most folks hate superteams but you just be you.
Wrong again, gramps. Or rather, they 'sports hate' whichever team is dominant, but the sport is more popular when there's a superteam to root for or against