• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...

If he lands with the Lakers... Showtime will be back at a level never seen.. EVER..

Um, no. That Laker team had good role players, this one wouldn't have those types of players......and that squad had Magic, Kareem, and Worthy.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beal to the Heat! Beal to the Heat! Beal to the Heat!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, when LeBron was there.
Yes...when Lebron was there - and he could compete - he spent. In fact, he spent some when he was not there as long as it brought back an asset.

why are you so confused?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly wasn't ready for the sheer volume and overhaul of the roster. I thought a KD/Nets sign and trade was very possible, but I was more thinking along the lines of a large trade exemption for which the Warriors could flip for another player later. Taking back D'Lo was a suprise and then them having to move Iguodala was then a bigger surprise as I'm not a cap expert.

But the Warriors seemed to have thought this out. They told Iguodala a week ago that they could potentially move him in this scenario. That gives me some hope that the Warriors aren't just reaching here and actually have a substantial plan going forward. It's probably why Bob Myers was in such a grumpy ass mood during the introduction of the Rookies.

I know the Warriors generally are able to figure things out down the road, so I'm assuming they've prepared for this and have something in mind. I just can't seem to figure it out yet, but that's why I'm not a GM.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jazz and Blazers gonna be teams to be reckoned with next year. Feel like both could easily be better than the Rockets next year. Of course this is all up in the air given the Kawhi situation. But those two teams have had a helluva off-season, IMO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly wasn't ready for the sheer volume and overhaul of the roster. I thought a KD/Nets sign and trade was very possible, but I was more thinking along the lines of a large trade exemption for which the Warriors could flip for another player later. Taking back D'Lo was a suprise and then them having to move Iguodala was then a bigger surprise as I'm not a cap expert.

But the Warriors seemed to have thought this out. They told Iguodala a week ago that they could potentially move him in this scenario. That gives me some hope that the Warriors aren't just reaching here and actually have a substantial plan going forward. It's probably why Bob Myers was in such a grumpy ass mood during the introduction of the Rookies.

I know the Warriors generally are able to figure things out down the road, so I'm assuming they've prepared for this and have something in mind. I just can't seem to figure it out yet, but that's why I'm not a GM.

Not sure what team makes the ideal partner,

But flipping D’Lo for 2-3 quality role players makes sense.

They really have no other means to regain lost depth.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jazz and Blazers gonna be teams to be reckoned with next year. Feel like both could easily be better than the Rockets next year. Of course this is all up in the air given the Kawhi situation. But those two teams have had a helluva off-season, IMO.

And don't forget Denver