• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing decent role players like Curry, Ellington, and Satoransky go off the board, I'm just sitting trying to talk myself into TJ McConnell and Elfrid Payton. Good players, though I'm not quite sure they'd be good in heavy minutes. Though Austin Rivers is probably the best option available by a good margin though I'm not sure he'd come to the Lakers on the cheap. Probably would only be an option if we miss on Kawhi, but he'd still be a nice fit. Front court is ROUGH. Lots of undersized players like Kanter. Might have to kick the tires on Marcin Gortat to make sure he's not completely washed and just semi washed

TJ McConnell is a gamer. I'd prefer him as the point guard.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it's one future 1st to Brooklyn not 3. Makes it even better for the Warriors. Also KD should be given credit for helping to facilitate this. Not completely punting the Warriors organization speaks volumes.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing decent role players like Curry, Ellington, and Satoransky go off the board, I'm just sitting trying to talk myself into TJ McConnell and Elfrid Payton. Good players, though I'm not quite sure they'd be good in heavy minutes. Though Austin Rivers is probably the best option available by a good margin though I'm not sure he'd come to the Lakers on the cheap. Probably would only be an option if we miss on Kawhi, but he'd still be a nice fit. Front court is ROUGH. Lots of undersized players like Kanter. Might have to kick the tires on Marcin Gortat to make sure he's not completely washed and just semi washed

I don't think they will need a PG to start. They will need a backup. I'm sure Lebron can be a PG but from the defensive aspect you don't want Lebron chasing around a PG so that could be the dilemma.

Rivers is probably wanted 8-12M. I guess he could take a discount but that would surprise me. That seems to be the best option for a PG/SG but more as a backup than actually starting imo.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is gonna be just like last offseason.....fuckers making us wait and all the role players get signed while we're waiting....

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Rivers going back to Houston now too.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Warriors are going to try to flip DLo later. This is actually really smart for the Warriors because with Klay's injury, it'll allow DLo to still play and contribute at elite levels and keep his trade value at peak levels. It'll also hopefully keep the Warriors in playoff contention until Klay returns.

Wiggins has been the biggest trade rumor. I saw Aaron Gordon mentioned too. We'll have to see what kind of return might be available out there.

I'd probably guess D'Lo, Jacob Evans and a 2nd Round pick for Giannis. Win win for everyone.

That's what I suggested lol. Keep DLo till the trade deadline and flip him.

I suggested Whiteside, he is gone now. I also suggested Wiggins. I doubt the Magic would give up Gordon, that seems to good to be true.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ McConnell is a gamer. I'd prefer him as the point guard.

I don't think they will need a PG to start. They will need a backup. I'm sure Lebron can be a PG but from the defensive aspect you don't want Lebron chasing around a PG so that could be the dilemma.

Rivers is probably wanted 8-12M. I guess he could take a discount but that would surprise me. That seems to be the best option for a PG/SG but more as a backup than actually starting imo.

Lebron is functionally the PG, but given his age, you still want someone to shoulder that load during the regular season so as to not wear him down. It might (MIGHT) be possible to make it work with a combo of McConnell and Caruso. I like both players, especially McConnell, but like I said earlier, just not in a lone heavy minute role. If you can split that role between the two, it could possibly work

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed to an extent. Right now AD, Lebron and Kawhi all sit in the top 7 NBA players. Lebron's already cemented in the top 10 all-time list; Kawhi may join later on. At the time, you're right regarding Kareem and Magic. But looking back, you had two top 5 all-time players on the same team. It's semantics really, but regardless, that potential big 3 is supremely talented.

Two all time top 5 who weren’t in their primes at the same time.

Different conversation if they were, IMO.

And I realize LeBron isn’t in his prime either. Still closer than Kareem was in the mid 80s though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is functionally the PG, but given his age, you still want someone to shoulder that load during the regular season so as to not wear him down. It might (MIGHT) be possible to make it work with a combo of McConnell and Caruso. I like both players, especially McConnell, but like I said earlier, just not in a lone heavy minute roll. If you can split that role between the two, it could possibly work

Yep, seems like a viable options.

Rivers off the board now....targets flying off the board as we speak. Kinda crazy how fast players are going.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD is arguably the best big man in the game. I would say there is a consensus on that.
Kawhi and Lebron are top 3 players. Pretty much a consesus on that.
AD, Kawhi and Lebron arguably are all top 6 players in the league. Seems to be the consensus.

That trio would be the best in NBA...ever. I don't think anyone would be able to argue this.

All I can say is if Kawhi goes to the Lakers

holy-rollins.gif

That would be scary.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, seems like a viable options.

Rivers off the board now....targets flying off the board as we speak. Kinda crazy how fast players are going.

It's to the point where Carmelo Anthony is legitimately the best option for the Lakers bench right now. Which...maybe it could work if he accepts his role as a bit player like Vince Carter did several years ago. But based on his last two seasons, probably not.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So mad. It's ok, someday you can watch the Cavs win another ring with your grandkids. Right now the dynasty is evolving here. Don't be mad.
with my grand kids? I'll still be alive?

Don't tease.