• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat are completely changing their team and clearing these contracts out. Pretty crazy

Don't let Wiggy's homerism paint a false reality for you. He said the Heat were stuck with this roster for the foreseeable future and that the Lakers would be mired in mediocrity moving forward. Miami has off-loaded a large portion of last year's team, and the Lakers are right now sitting as the favorites for the title. If they land Kawhi (which it's a two-team race at this point), they have by far the most talented big 3 in NBA history (save for the showtime Lakers).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the Lakers still got AD. If they aren't 100% sure Kawhi's gonna sign they better start looking for other options right away before even more FA's are off the table.

Tough to play the guessing game, especially w/ Kawhi. But if was gonna go w/ the Purple 'n Gold why not announce it? The longer it takes the better chance he stays stays in Toronto?

Yeah I understand they are giving Kawhi his space and time, for all that we know they have pretty much agreed already. So the Lakers waiting is mixed reactions. The Clippers not signing anyone is mixed reactions too. It makes sense he is going to the Lakers the way things have folded out though.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the Lakers still got AD. If they aren't 100% sure Kawhi's gonna sign they better start looking for other options right away before even more FA's are off the table.

Tough to play the guessing game, especially w/ Kawhi. But if was gonna go w/ the Purple 'n Gold why not announce it? The longer it takes the better chance he stays stays in Toronto?

yeah, with a cat like the Klaw you really HAVE to wait if you have any shot at signing him, and that was the problem from day 1...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't let Wiggy's homerism paint a false reality for you. He said the Heat were stuck with this roster for the foreseeable future and that the Lakers would be mired in mediocrity moving forward. Miami has off-loaded a large portion of last year's team, and the Lakers are right now sitting as the favorites for the title. If they land Kawhi (which it's a two-team race at this point), they have by far the most talented big 3 in NBA history (save for the showtime Lakers).

I think you can leave it as by far.

Worthy was very good. Not a superstar.

And I don’t think Magic and Kareem were ever in the convo for best player in the league at the same time. All 3 of these Lakers could be.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Warriors are going to try to flip DLo later. This is actually really smart for the Warriors because with Klay's injury, it'll allow DLo to still play and contribute at elite levels and keep his trade value at peak levels. It'll also hopefully keep the Warriors in playoff contention until Klay returns.

Wiggins has been the biggest trade rumor. I saw Aaron Gordon mentioned too. We'll have to see what kind of return might be available out there.

I'd probably guess D'Lo, Jacob Evans and a 2nd Round pick for Giannis. Win win for everyone.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I understand they are giving Kawhi his space and time, for all that we know they have pretty much agreed already. So the Lakers waiting is mixed reactions. The Clippers not signing anyone is mixed reactions too. It makes sense he is going to the Lakers the way things have folded out though.

Nothing would surprise me. But you can never fault a guy for wanting to get closer to home.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing decent role players like Curry, Ellington, and Satoransky go off the board, I'm just sitting trying to talk myself into TJ McConnell and Elfrid Payton. Good players, though I'm not quite sure they'd be good in heavy minutes. Austin Rivers is probably the best option available by a good margin though I'm not sure he'd come to the Lakers on the cheap. Probably would only be an option if we miss on Kawhi, but he'd still be a nice fit. Front court is ROUGH. Lots of undersized players like Kanter. Might have to kick the tires on Marcin Gortat to make sure he's not completely washed and just semi washed

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I don’t think Magic and Kareem were ever in the convo for best player in the league at the same time. All 3 of these Lakers could be.

AD is arguably the best big man in the game. I would say there is a consensus on that.
Kawhi and Lebron are top 3 players. Pretty much a consesus on that.
AD, Kawhi and Lebron arguably are all top 6 players in the league. Seems to be the consensus.

That trio would be the best in NBA...ever. I don't think anyone would be able to argue this.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed to an extent. Right now AD, Lebron and Kawhi all sit in the top 7 NBA players. Lebron's already cemented in the top 10 all-time list; Kawhi may join later on. At the time, you're right regarding Kareem and Magic. But looking back, you had two top 5 all-time players on the same team. It's semantics really, but regardless, that potential big 3 is supremely talented.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does Buck get for being wrong every time?

Found the perfect one for Buckalis

trophy.gif

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been out of pocket a few weeks and things are changing quickly right now.

What the possible options that is being talked about for Kawhi?