• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Lottery And Draft

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily.

Brown and Tatum are both very good players. A Zion, Tatum, Brown, Holiday core could be really good.

Barrett could be a great player. A Zion, Holiday, Barrett, Robinson, Knox core could be significantly better.

The NBA is about building around great players.

It is a risk either way. But the Knicks best package offers more upside than the Celtics best package.

Tatum took Lebron to Game 7 of the ECF where he was a #1 for that team. Tatum is still very young. I think most are sleeping on him bc of this past year, Kyrie stunted his growth and the chemstry was awful with this team. Right now I would say Tatum stiill has a higher ceiling than RJ, very close. Either if the Pelicans couupd get RJ, Knox and Mitchell it is hard to pass that up. Boston could offer Tatum AND Brown but idk those offers are still close imo. I dont think Brown’s potential is that high but like I said this whole Celtics team is hard to judge bc of the pack of chemstry and roles this year

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum took Lebron to Game 7 of the ECF where he was a #1 for that team. Tatum is still very young. I think most are sleeping on him bc of this past year, Kyrie stunted his growth and the chemstry was awful with this team. Right now I would say Tatum stiill has a higher ceiling than RJ, very close. Either if the Pelicans couupd get RJ, Knox and Mitchell it is hard to pass that up. Boston could offer Tatum AND Brown but idk those offers are still close imo. I dont think Brown’s potential is that high but like I said this whole Celtics team is hard to judge bc of the pack of chemstry and roles this year

Do you see a scenario where Boston can unload Hayward?

His presence is a serious detriment to the roster and their flexibility.

I'm seeing Bill Simmons floating an idea of trading Hayward for Conley but having to unload two firsts

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knicks potential offer is better period.

Lakers youngsters have not shown enough upside to top a package built around RJ Barrett. And there is a significant gap between 3 and 4.

I disagree to a point. I think having 3 picks in the top 6 might be more enticing to a rebuilding team. Plus, I'm not sure we know if the gap is all that big. The projected #4 pick is apparently Darius Garland who played all of 5 games in college.

The question is...is him being projected that high a result of an average at best draft after #3? Or is it that there is enough to know that he's really that good (or can be)?

Minus the #6 pick, the Knicks without a doubt have the better offer. If for no other reason than, while Ingram has shown flashes of what he can be and was playing at an all star level when he got hurt, he hasn't yet shown that he can stay healthy long enough to be able to say that he can play at that level consistently. Kuzma, who would definitely have to be part of the trade, has shown himself to be pretty good and someone who will put in the work to keep improving.

I will say though, if I'm the Lakers and I can't get the Suns to agree to a deal for the #6 pick, I don't even try for AD. Heck, I might not even try if I get the #6 pick (unless AD says he won't re-sign with anyone but the Lakers and the Celtics and Knicks drop out or lower their offers).

There is now a report that Ramona Shelburne asked Gayle Benson directly about the "over my dead body" quote and that she laughed, said it was absurd and totally false. I'm not sure I trust that 100%. She may be willing to deal with the Lakers, but a Lakers offer would probably have to be significantly better and it wouldn't be, even with the #6 pick.

I think I'd just move on to plan B and maybe try to trade for Beal (which should cost fewer assets than AD) and then try to sign someone like Vucevic or even Boogie.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you see a scenario where Boston can unload Hayward?

His presence is a serious detriment to the roster and their flexibility.

I'm seeing Bill Simmons floating an idea of trading Hayward for Conley but having to unload two firsts

I actually do. I didnt hear about the Conley one but there was one scenario to the Cavs where they give Hayward and Boston gets back that JR contract, not sure the entire trade, Boston just trying to dump salary in that scenario it was to just get rid of cap for AD and Kyrie signings.

I think Hayward’s trade value definitely has declined though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree to a point. I think having 3 picks in the top 6 might be more enticing to a rebuilding team. Plus, I'm not sure we know if the gap is all that big. The projected #4 pick is apparently Darius Garland who played all of 5 games in college.

The question is...is him being projected that high a result of an average at best draft after #3? Or is it that there is enough to know that he's really that good (or can be)?

Minus the #6 pick, the Knicks without a doubt have the better offer. If for no other reason than, while Ingram has shown flashes of what he can be and was playing at an all star level when he got hurt, he hasn't yet shown that he can stay healthy long enough to be able to say that he can play at that level consistently. Kuzma, who would definitely have to be part of the trade, has shown himself to be pretty good and someone who will put in the work to keep improving.

I will say though, if I'm the Lakers and I can't get the Suns to agree to a deal for the #6 pick, I don't even try for AD. Heck, I might not even try if I get the #6 pick (unless AD says he won't re-sign with anyone but the Lakers and the Celtics and Knicks drop out or lower their offers).

There is now a report that Ramona Shelburne asked Gayle Benson directly about the "over my dead body" quote and that she laughed, said it was absurd and totally false. I'm not sure I trust that 100%. She may be willing to deal with the Lakers, but a Lakers offer would probably have to be significantly better and it wouldn't be, even with the #6 pick.

I think I'd just move on to plan B and maybe try to trade for Beal (which should cost fewer assets than AD) and then try to sign someone like Vucevic or even Boogie.

Zion, Culver/Hunter plus Coby White/Garland along with Kuzma and Ingram provides two young high celiing players and two guys that still could have a pretty high ceiling, if worst comes to worst they are 6th men or big scorers off the bench. I still think it is a very good offer if they were to trade Ball for a top 7 pick or so

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually do. I didnt hear about the Conley one but there was one scenario to the Cavs where they give Hayward and Boston gets back that JR contract, not sure the entire trade, Boston just trying to dump salary in that scenario it was to just get rid of cap for AD and Kyrie signings.

I think Hayward’s trade value definitely has declined though.

No doubt his value has declined

Just seems they have to move him

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt his value has declined

Just seems they have to move him

If they want to make a big splash in FA potentially resign Kyrie (dont think it will happen) or make a splash for AD I think the best thing to do is try to get rid of that Hayward contracf, as difficult as that will be to do

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bickerstaff chose the Cavs over the Lakers lolzz

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we over discuss Love on here but the Cavs giving them Love and taking on Haywards contract makes a lot of sense.

Yeah I just think Love isnt going anywhere, at least this year. They love Love and his leadership and teaching the youngsters. I dont think the Cavs would have to give up a lot to get Hayward and they could pair Gordon with Love, Sexton, Osman and their #5 pick and young core

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I just think Love isnt going anywhere, at least this year. They love Love and his leadership and teaching the youngsters. I dont think the Cavs would have to give up a lot to get Hayward and they could pair Gordon with Love, Sexton, Osman and their #5 pick and young core

That's true. They are one of the few teams that could afford Hayward straight up

You gotta think dumping that contract would cost Boston a first rounder.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true. They are one of the few teams that could afford Hayward straight up

You gotta think dumping that contract would cost Boston a first rounder.

Yeah exactly dumping that salary is going to be hard to do, so that alone shouldnt receive much compensation back but they will most likely have to throw in a pick too

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also chose them over the Warriors, Bucks, Sixers, Rockets and 24 other NBA teams.

Bickerstaff actually interviewed with the Lakers. From what I hear he interviewed with 3 teams: Celtics, Lakers and Cavs. Sorry you are wrong again, it was between 3 and it boiled down to 2.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bickerstaff actually interviewed with the Lakers. From what I hear he interviewed with 3 teams: Celtics, Lakers and Cavs. Sorry you are wrong again, it was between 3 and it boiled down to 2.

Lakers hired Vogel so how exactly did JB "pick the cavs" over the Lakers two weeks later?

Another sad attempt at trash talk which you're absolutely ridiculous at. Just give it up already.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers hired Vogel so how exactly did JB "pick the cavs" over the Lakers two weeks later?

Another sad attempt at trash talk which you're absolutely ridiculous at. Just give it up already.

Holy shit, Bickerstaff would be an associate/assistant not a head coach. This isn't for the head coaching obviously bc both teams have head coaches lolz. You really just need to stop replying if you have no clue