• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NBA Lottery And Draft

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you get to list multiple franchises and no one else does. Got it

The point is Lebron would've greatly preferred Cleveland to the teams I listed. Thus....yes he would HOPE Cleveland won if those were his other options.

Again, that’s not what I said. Or was the whole point of this conversation.

We’re not ranking the order of what #1 prospects rank the teams they’d want to play for.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, that’s not what I said. Or was the whole point of this conversation.

We’re not ranking the order of what #1 prospects rank the teams they’d want to play for.

Seems you're kind of making up the criteria as we go mister two team lister

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems you're kind of making up the criteria as we go mister two team lister

Gotta agree with Shaqdaddy. I think you might be missing her point on this.

It's strictly about which teams he would have preferred to be drafted by. Not the odds that those teams would be able to draft him.

Just because the Knicks and Bulls had far worse odds to get him than the Cavs, doesn't mean he wouldn't have preferred to have been drafted by one of them.

Zion might really want to be drafted by the Warriors, but unless the Pels pull off some kind of trade for KD that includes the #1 pick...it's not happening. But it wouldn't change the fact that he wanted to be drafted by them.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's strictly about which teams he would have preferred to be drafted by. Not the odds that those teams would be able to draft him.

Just because the Knicks and Bulls had far worse odds to get him than the Cavs, doesn't mean he wouldn't have preferred to have been drafted by one of them.

Zion might really want to be drafted by the Warriors, but unless the Pels pull off some kind of trade for KD that includes the #1 pick...it's not happening. But it wouldn't change the fact that he wanted to be drafted by them.

That's the whole point. Top prospects in the draft always get asked who they want to play for before the draft order is set. Most of them come up with the correct response of "I'm happy to play for any team". Some players make it more noted who they'd prefer to play for.

MJ wanted to play for the Bulls. Kobe had LA or Philly. Shaq wanted to go to San Antonio or NJ. Lebron had the Bulls and the Knicks. And by the looks of it Zion pretty much had his hopes set on NY too.

My point in this whole discussion was, no player has ever come out and said "I'd love to play for the Cleveland Cavaliers" before the draft lottery even took place. Even Lebron.

This was my little dig at Cleveland and some people took offense to it and changed the narrative completely.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the whole point. Top prospects in the draft always get asked who they want to play for before the draft order is set. Most of them come up with the correct response of "I'm happy to play for any team". Some players make it more noted who they'd prefer to play for.

MJ wanted to play for the Bulls. Kobe had LA or Philly. Shaq wanted to go to San Antonio or NJ. Lebron had the Bulls and the Knicks. And by the looks of it Zion pretty much had his hopes set on NY too.

My point in this whole discussion was, no player has ever come out and said "I'd love to play for the Cleveland Cavaliers" before the draft lottery even took place. Even Lebron.

This was my little dig at Cleveland and some people took offense to it and changed the narrative completely.

I'm sure Zion would've liked GS as well

It's not offense it's just a boring argument.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you expect the quality of conversation to be much higher on a public internet message board or should we only talk about important subjects that we can all agree upon?

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you expect the quality of conversation to be much higher on a public internet message board or should we only talk about important subjects that we can all agree upon?

So a normal non trolling convo probably would've acknowledged my point somewhere along the line

Oh look another slight on Cleveland. Super original. Congrats on your creativity

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a normal non trolling convo probably would've acknowledged my point somewhere along the line

Oh look another slight on Cleveland. Super original. Congrats on your creativity

The fact you considered that "another slight on Cleveland" shows me you're very easily offended.

I'll try to chose my words more carefully around you in the future.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is saying about the ODDS.

I said not a single player who’s about to enter the league has ever hoped the cavs get the #1 pick in the lottery so they get drafted by them.

Reading helps
LOL, Most of them are just happy to get a chance to play in the NBA and hope for success. With that being said there have been a few players that were disappointed in their destination. I am agreeing with you on this by the way. I was just wondering if you had noticed how disappointed Zion Williamson looked when he say the team he would heading too was the Pelicans?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He preferred Cleveland along with other franchises but there is no better place he could have been drafted to than his hometown, he said it over and over. Who doesnt want to be on the Lakers, Knicks, etc. He’s always loved MSG but he had plenty of chances to go their in FA. Cleveland was still one of his top choices if not the top bc of his hometown, he loves his hometown, we have seen this his whole career.
The conversation is really kinda stupid. Almost every player has a handful of teams they want to get drafted to. Lebron had CLE in that handful

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL - at the idea of Zion being drafted by the Warriors - who wouldn't? Hell, I want to be drafted by them as well

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the point Shaqdaddy is making is what the players want or rather who they want to be drafted by is totally irrelevant and the NBA doesn't care about that. It's about a balanced system of sending the drafts to the worst teams so that they don't stay the worst, but there is some chances in it to discourage tanking. To some degree, teams like the Cavaliers, Suns and as of now the Lakers have a responsibility to manage their teams better. The Spurs is a small market team and they won 5 champions in almost the same decade as the Lakers.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a comparison in size between Yao Ming and Tacko Fall. Nothing exciting.

Well damn. Them deleting it had me thinking it was some kind of delicious draft tea or tasty rumor

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He preferred Cleveland along with other franchises but there is no better place he could have been drafted to than his hometown, he said it over and over. Who doesnt want to be on the Lakers, Knicks, etc. He’s always loved MSG but he had plenty of chances to go their in FA. Cleveland was still one of his top choices if not the top bc of his hometown, he loves his hometown, we have seen this his whole career.
The conversation is really kinda stupid. Almost every player has a handful of teams they want to get drafted to. Lebron had CLE in that handful

Exactly

This conversation was just another along many as a slight on Cleveland.

And I'm a Detroit fan.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the point Shaqdaddy is making is what the players want or rather who they want to be drafted by is totally irrelevant and the NBA doesn't care about that. It's about a balanced system of sending the drafts to the worst teams so that they don't stay the worst, but there is some chances in it to discourage tanking. To some degree, teams like the Cavaliers, Suns and as of now the Lakers have a responsibility to manage their teams better. The Spurs is a small market team and they won 5 champions in almost the same decade as the Lakers.

I agree on the lotto

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember what it said? User deleted it and now I'm really interested

Weird. It was from BR.

Pretty sure this was it. Guess they deleted and retweeted it.

If you can't see it, they're comparing Tacko Fall measurables to Yao Ming