• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Los Angeles Lakers Off-Season Thread

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any trade at this juncture is just too big a price. I say wait until AD is a FA then sign him just like the Lakers did with LeBron.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any trade at this juncture is just too big a price. I say wait until AD is a FA then sign him just like the Lakers did with LeBron.

The problem is that the Lakers signed Lebron. While it didn't exactly make them "win now", it did make them "win very soon".

They don't have the luxury of waiting for the kids to grow up anymore.

Having said that, they may not have a choice. If they can't get a top FA or trade for a top player...then they'll have no choice but to sign some 1 year guys and hope to land AD or someone next off-season.

That wouldn't necessarily be the end of the world. But it would take away 1 year of Lebron's (and the Lakers) championship window.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers won't have enough cap space left by then, even for a sign and trade, if they add a big FA piece this year. The target is 3 max players.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bigger picture is the Lakers need to get a single over-arching purpose that everyone is on-board with and stop what is becoming this random almost shotgun approach to their attempts to return to championship levels as a franchise. AD is not superman.

If you believe the recent article on Lake-Show Life, which paints a fairly reality-based picture of the pretty high level of dysfunction the Lakers now have in the FO, then someone (preferably Jeanie) needs to get their ducks in-a-row and remove the cancer that is now eating that franchise alive.

Stop this nonsense belief that signing max players is the answer when they have a young core of players that have lost their trust in the organization because of constant threats of being traded hanging over them. Ever since the Magic and Pelinka sent Randle and Lopez packing, many if these guys don't give a damn about the Lakers.

This needs to change or else we are just going to have season-after-season of mediocrity the likes we have not witnessed in a very long time.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bigger picture is the Lakers need to get a single over-arching purpose that everyone is on-board with and stop what is becoming this random almost shotgun approach to their attempts to return to championship levels as a franchise. AD is not superman.

If you believe the recent article on Lake-Show Life, which paints a fairly reality-based picture of the pretty high level of dysfunction the Lakers now have in the FO, then someone (preferably Jeanie) needs to get their ducks in-a-row and remove the cancer that is now eating that franchise alive.

Stop this nonsense belief that signing max players is the answer when they have a young core of players that have lost their trust in the organization because of constant threats of being traded hanging over them. Ever since the Magic and Pelinka sent Randle and Lopez packing, many if these guys don't give a damn about the Lakers.

This needs to change or else we are just going to have season-after-season of mediocrity the likes we have not witnessed in a very long time.
I think we have witnessed it for the past six years lol

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe is recruiting Irving to Los Angeles.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuz, Ingram, and the 4th pick for Harden.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck No. Aside from the fact that the Rockets would want more than that, he would be a terrible fit.

...and I hate him more than any other NBA player I can remember...all the way back to Laimbeer.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The FO of the Lakers could remove a lot of their bad rep by re-signing Julius Randle because he is a FA this summer. He would fit in our thin frontcourt. He has really taken the next step in his progress and consistently as very good game stats night-in and night-out. The Lakers should sign him along with say Butler, Favors, if the Jazz don't pick-up his option, and maybe Kyrie.

I am not sold on the idea of Kyrie and Ball in the same backcourt. If Ball goes to Chicago in a trade, then it is a better fit in a rather full backcourt we have anyways.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The FO of the Lakers could remove a lot of their bad rep by re-signing Julius Randle because he is a FA this summer. He would fit in our thin frontcourt. He has really taken the next step in his progress and consistently as very good game stats night-in and night-out. The Lakers should sign him along with say Butler, Favors, if the Jazz don't pick-up his option, and maybe Kyrie.

They aren't likely to to have the cap space to get Kyrie, Butler and Randle because they are all UFA's. Randle isn't getting a max, but he's getting a significant raise, Kyrie is likely getting a max and if Butler doesn't get a max, it'll be damn close.

To add 2 high level players, they will have to get one via trade because they only have cap space for 1 more max or near max player.

Imo, their best bet is to trade for AD and try to use getting him to attract a top FA. If they can't get AD, then trade for Beal and maybe look at signing Butler or Kyrie.

If they can get Butler at a little bit of a discount, maybe they can get Randle, although I seriously doubt he'd be interested in coming back and certainly not for much of a discount.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any of this is true, I say pfffttt!. Kyrie coming to the Lakers is like Rondo returning. His career is on the downside and if he did come to the Lakers, it is only to play with his buddy James. The Lakers should focus in on the draft and try to get through that without effing-it all up. Also signing one or two FAs this summer and adding to their young core should be their motivation rather than trying this recycling of older players who are basically done as players but still want to get paid.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/reports-people-close-kyrie-irving-144539140.html

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see TJF12.

Not sure there's much to see.

Randle is getting paid. Likely it'll be no less than $15-$20 million per.

Kyrie will be getting about $35 million per year.

Butler will be getting about $30 million million per year.

Butler and Kyrie alone would be about $65 million.

Butler or Kyrie and Randle would be $45 million to $55 million.

The Lakers are projected to have $40 million in cap space.

The math doesn't work to get all 3 as UFA's.

That's why, if they want to add 2 top level players, they have to trade for 1 (and Randle isn't a top level player yet anyway).

None of that factors in the salary for the #4 pick.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any of this is true, I say pfffttt!. Kyrie coming to the Lakers is like Rondo returning. His career is on the downside and if he did come to the Lakers, it is only to play with his buddy James. The Lakers should focus in on the draft and try to get through that without effing-it all up. Also signing one or two FAs this summer and adding to their young core should be their motivation rather than trying this recycling of older players who are basically done as players but still want to get paid.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/reports-people-close-kyrie-irving-144539140.html

Kyrie is only 27 years old. So it's not really like Rondo who's 33.

I don't believe anything that anyone says this time of year (except Woj). They call it the "lying season" for a reason. lol

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not sold on the idea of Kyrie and Ball in the same backcourt. If Ball goes to Chicago in a trade, then it is a better fit in a rather full backcourt we have anyways.
You cant have jullius and butler both starting. Julius is not going to come off bench here. You have to go for one or the other IMO