• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Los Angeles Lakers Off-Season Thread

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then. I would do a major mea culpa with Julius Randle and forget Butler.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then. I would do a major mea culpa with Julius Randle and forget Butler.

I'm not sure I would.

Look, you and everyone else on the Lakers board (and probably the general NBA board too) knows that I'm a huge Julius Randle fanboy and would love for the Lakers to somehow get him back.

But, if I have a choice, I'm taking Butler.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough choice. I would take Butler as well. I still cant forget Julius on fast breaks lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough choice. I would take Butler as well. I still cant forget Julius on fast breaks lol

Yeah, if the Lakers didn't have Lebron and weren't looking to win right away, then I would want Randle back because he's 5 years younger than Butler and may eventually develop into a better player.

But Butler is better and more well rounded now, so he would have to be the choice, imo.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this article is true, I would not trade for Paul or give-up anyone of our your core including Caruso. Paul is 34 and his career is on the downside. give Houston a 2022 second rounder or something like that. Instead, I would focus on Klay Thompson and forget about AD and everyone else unless Julius Randle wants to come back to LA.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nba-rumors-chris-paul-could-230522279.html

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I would.

Look, you and everyone else on the Lakers board (and probably the general NBA board too) knows that I'm a huge Julius Randle fanboy and would love for the Lakers to somehow get him back.

But, if I have a choice, I'm taking Butler.

Yeah.....Butler and James is a solid combo.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.....Butler and James is a solid combo.

Exactly. Butler is a better fit for Lebron than Randle because Randle isn't much good beyond about 8 feet from the basket.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this article is true, I would not trade for Paul or give-up anyone of our your core including Caruso. Paul is 34 and his career is on the downside. give Houston a 2022 second rounder or something like that. Instead, I would focus on Klay Thompson and forget about AD and everyone else unless Julius Randle wants to come back to LA.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nba-rumors-chris-paul-could-230522279.html

Yeah, the window on CP3 for the Lakers is firmly closed IMO. At his price tag, it's a terrible fit.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lake Show Life is floating a story that rumors abound about James thinking of demanding a trade. If there is ANY truth to this, I say package James and send him to the Pels for AD. This story is supposedly gaining traction especially in light of the rumor that CP3 is going to be traded to the Pels. Have not seen who the trade with the Pels is going to involve but Houston is cleaning house and everyone is available except Harden. Shoot, all of the coaches have been fired except D'Antoni.

Another story being floated, except for two bad decisions (the AD debacle and moving Zubac), the majority of the rebuilding and accumulation of the young core has been credited to Pelinka. If he is going to stay, then I say, move Ball to Chicago for Butler or include him in a James trade and a first and a second in the future with James to the Pels.

The Lakers have been mentioned in a CP3 trade this summer but we are not going down that road for a number of reasons; One of which is the guy has a huge contract we would be saddled with at the wrong time in our development and we have already done this under Short Buss (Timofey Mosgov, ring a bell?). Other reasons to kill this idea are CP3 is 34, oft injured, and and he just wouldn't fit in what we have right now.

So I guess there will be some movement between the end of the playoffs and the draft. I suspect we are going to try to get AD one more time and maybe move James as well.

One of the BEST scenarios is to go ahead and get another top talent with the number 4 pick and move the dead wight that Magic was credited with bringing in that simply was a complete waste of time (guys like Rondo, Stephenson, Weasley-Beasley)

This should get very interesting the closer we get to the draft and if Jeanie has surgically removed the FO cancer, I suspect it'll be reflected in some judicious and developmental growth-promoting moves that will right this perpetual dumpster fire.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article hints that even though Griffin likes Ingram alot, the Lakers will likely not offer a king's ransom for AD like they did the first time if there are any talks to commence before the draft. It would really be stupid to trade for a guy who is going to be a FA in 2020 and we may run the risk of losing AD to somebody else, especially if we are not winning now.

No, the better route appears to be to wait for AD in 2020, add another talented player with this year's fourth pick, add maybe a Butler or a Klay Thompson and get on with the 2019 season with a new coach.

BTW, Lionel Hollins as been added to the coaching carousel in Lakerland.

Anthony Davis trade rumors: David Griffin loves Brandon Ingram; 'several' within Pelicans loved Lakers' original offer

Last edited:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
butler is a free agent. That rumor about lebron is someone pulling shit out of their ass. He and his family love La.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I don't pay attention to much of what Plaschke says. He's always trying to push worst case scenarios.

First off, Lebron is under contract for at least 2 more seasons. So, he can make all of the demands that he wants, but the Lakers don't have to listen.

Also, I'm sure he wouldn't allow himself to be traded to just any team. He would want to go to a team that can contend. The Lakers aren't going to get much of a return from a contender because it would mean giving up too much of what makes them contenders. They also aren't going to have good draft picks to offer either.

They could probably get a nice return of picks and players from a bad team, but Lebron would likely retire first.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaqdaddy came out on Lake Show Life and stated what he would do if he was in Pelinka's shoes. First thing out of his mouth was he would call Klay Thompson and tell him he'd make him the highest paid Laker ever. Not sure how that would work but it is evident that Shaq believes signing Thompson is way better than a Leonard effort. I agree.

On other pundits prognostications, someone in one of the articles out there, floated the notion that the Lakers are interested in Marcus Morris (presently with the Celts) and Nerleans Noel who has a player option for this year. Both would be great additions along with signing Klay Thompson.

Then we would keep our fourth pick and select another young talent, James and all of our young core,and I would re-sign Chandler. Way better roster fill-outs then the panty waste we had with the last five PsOS.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are fast becoming the dumping grounds for failed ex-head coaches. Since adding Lionel Hollins, the rumor is that Jeff Hornacek is being considered for hire.

Another player that will be available on June 30th is none other than D'Angelo Russell. Many articles indicating where he is headed but that would be interesting if he ended back with the Lakers.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaqdaddy came out on Lake Show Life and stated what he would do if he was in Pelinka's shoes. First thing out of his mouth was he would call Klay Thompson and tell him he'd make him the highest paid Laker ever. Not sure how that would work but it is evident that Shaq believes signing Thompson is way better than a Leonard effort. I agree.

On other pundits prognostications, someone in one of the articles out there, floated the notion that the Lakers are interested in Marcus Morris (presently with the Celts) and Nerleans Noel who has a player option for this year. Both would be great additions along with signing Klay Thompson.

Then we would keep our fourth pick and select another young talent, James and all of our young core,and I would re-sign Chandler. Way better roster fill-outs then the panty waste we had with the last five PsOS.
I dont want Morris. He is role player and gettung old. Klay is a pipe dream. He is not coming here. Shaq is on crack.