• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Los Angeles Lakers Off-Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Baynes/Brown for Capela would make a lot of sense for both teams.

All things considered, Capela might actually be a little bit better fit for them than AD.

Especially if Tatum ends up being as good as most seem to think he will be.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics are going to be forced into a one-year rental deal if they continue and then AD will head west. The Lakers are reportedly the leaders in the trade talks as AD is adamant about going to the Lakers. The present offering is not too extensive of a roster-gut but in another article on Lake Show Life, the author has chronicled all of the players the Lakers have let go and if they had them all back, that Lakers team would be pretty stout for Vogel to work with.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not stating here that a deal is imminent, but as has been stated on this thread previously by TJF12 and others, Griffen wants a deal done before the draft. He'd better take this one as teams are now beginning to stay their respective courses and the Pels do not want a pissed-off AD for another year just to have him head to the Lakers as a FA in 2020.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are adamant about not including Hart and/or Kuzma or both in any deal involving the Pels and AD. They have put forth a pretty solid deal here and, from what I have read, they are sticking to it.

If Griffin whiffs, then he is going to have a pretty pissed All-star and he is going to look damn stupid especially when he has let it be known that he really likes both Ball and Ingram.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ball goes, despite what pundits are saying about Kyrie, that move alone opens the door for a Kyrie or Butler signing. Once a deal gets done, I can just see James calling his buddy encouraging him to come on out and forget the Nets. Also, this also opens a Butler, or if we have the cash, a Klay Thompson signing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ball goes, despite what pundits are saying about Kyrie, that move alone opens the door for a Kyrie or Butler signing. Once a deal gets done, I can just see James calling his buddy encouraging to come on out and forget the Nets. Also, this also opens a Butler, or if we have the cash, a Klay Thompson signing.

If Ball goes, the team will most likely go after Kemba Walker or Kyrie to fill the PG spot.

Also wouldn't surprise me if Cousins would sign for a hellova discount with those guys on the team

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Shaqdaddy.

Here is a recent story from Yahoo Sports which does a lot of borrowing from more reputable sources like Woj over at ESPN but it summarizes what is going on. The Celtics would be stupid to try and get AD because, according to this rag, he wouldn't sign anyways in Boston. The Lakers are def the front runners and if the Lakers don't cave and add Kuzma and Hart to the deal, the Pels are likely to go for the Ingram, Ball, and the number four deal soon.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-lakers-trying-keep-kyle-210344528.html

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the Pels want Kuzma included in the deal and that is just getting greedy. The Lakers are not budging because outside of Hart, the entire young core that was here will be gone. What a waste.

If I was Pelinka, I'd live-down to my league rep of being an ahole and tell the Pels to go eff themselves. Then I'd get on the horn and talk to Rich Paul and tell him that the Lakers will sign AD to a max deal in a year when he is a FA. Then I get the young guys on the phone and let them know they are Lakers and that no further action will be taken regarding them.

Then I'd get on with the draft and re-signing players. This is just getting stupid and Griffin is going to blow this deal. Period.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lake Show Life is reporting that a deal for the Lakers acquiring AD is approaching imminence or by this week-end per the wants of David Griffin, GM of the Pels. This is probably going to be multiple team deal as Griffin wants two number ones this year, an all-star player, and a player with all-star potential. The teams mentioned to be involved are the Lakers (the destination for AD), the Celtics, the Knicks, and possibly the Nets. Stay tuned on this one.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ball goes, the team will most likely go after Kemba Walker or Kyrie to fill the PG spot.

Also wouldn't surprise me if Cousins would sign for a hellova discount with those guys on the team
i dont want cousins, but i would go after walker.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the Pels want Kuzma included in the deal and that is just getting greedy. The Lakers are not budging because outside of Hart, the entire young core that was here will be gone. What a waste.

If I was Pelinka, I'd live-down to my league rep of being an ahole and tell the Pels to go eff themselves. Then I'd get on the horn and talk to Rich Paul and tell him that the Lakers will sign AD to a max deal in a year when he is a FA. Then I get the young guys on the phone and let them know they are Lakers and that no further action will be taken regarding them.

Then I'd get on with the draft and re-signing players. This is just getting stupid and Griffin is going to blow this deal. Period.
You would make a hell of a GM on this one. i would do the exact same thing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont want cousins, but i would go after walker.

Just mentioning Cousins as an example.

You get a trio of

Lebron
AD
Kyrie/Kemba

And players are going to give heavy discounts to play for the team. Especially when two starting positions will be open

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just mentioning Cousins as an example.

You get a trio of

Lebron
AD
Kyrie/Kemba

And players are going to give heavy discounts to play for the team. Especially when two starting positions will be open
Damn, would love that

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another article released this morning on Lake Show Life lambastes the FO for attempting again, to drag the young guys through another attempt to get AD when the sticking point in negotiations has now become Kyle Kuzma. The Pels and Griffin have accepted the deal of the number 4 this year, Ingram, and Ball but they now want Kuzma.

The author makes a valid point that the Lakers are now mortgaging, and thus destroying, what little trust remains with the young core and their perspective of the FO and that they might as well dump them all in NO and get on with their collective FO wet-dream. The Pels and the Lakers are now quibbling over a guy who commands 5.5 mil in salary with a fourth year option and none of the subjects in this deal give much of a damn anymore about the Lakers.

His point is that the Lakers are once again sacrificing ANY hope of BUILDING a win now club with a young core whose desire to put ANY trust in the FO is all but gone just because an aging superstar in LeBron is fueling this nonsense and wants one of his buddies to come play with him. This is Magic 2.0.

As a lifelong follower of the Lakers, I have just about lost any hope that Jeanie is running this club with any sort of purpose or direction that will lead to a near-future championship and because she values family and friends loyalty over business acumen, (which I used to think she had a boatload) she has destroyed this franchise her father so tactfully and exquisitely built.

As TJF12 and some others have stated here, what should be done, to arrest the power back from LeBron like Pat Riley did in Miami is to get Jeanie to stop with the friends and family loyalty bullshit, tell Pelinka to tell the Pels to eff-off because the negotiations are over, get on the phone with Rich Paul and personally guarantee that the Lakers will sign AD to a max deal in one year when he is a FA, and stop all this bullshit jerking around potential superstars she already has on her roster. If she would just get ballsy enough to be patient and take her power back as an owner from LeBron and the Rambi, the winning a championship will come soon enough.

Then she should go to her office and call the Rambi in and tell them they are done, walk across the hall and knock on the icon's door, offer him the GM role after a very long mea culpa, tell him the direction she wants the franchise to go (because she owns the damn thing) and then get out of the his way and let him build a winner just like he has done everywhere else he has gone; He'll build a franchise that players and the league fear and respect and want to play for their entire careers.

If Jeanie doesn't do this, this franchise will surely take its last breaths and when LeBron completes his contract in three years, there will be nothing left to own or manage and losing will be the norm of this consistent dumpster fire know as the LA Lakers.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is stupid for the Lakers to mortgage all their young talent just to get AD.

The Pels are not in a position of power here, the Lakers are, and should act like it.

And even if the Lakers manage a championship with LeBron, will it be worth what they could've built with the young guys they keep shipping off to appease LeBron?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are spot on ALR. The FO has so eroded and destroyed the confidence and trust in those young core players by jerking them around twice in pursuing their collective wet dream to get AD, treating this guy like he is the second coming, that they might as well complete the deal Griffen and the Pels are holding-out for this week-end and get on with letting LeBron run this franchise along with the Rambi. It is obvious Jeanie sure as hell isn't doing anything about any of this and all of the reports of this franchise being a colossal dumpster as a result appear to have merit and will continue unabated going forward.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As great of a player as LeBron is, this has been his MO everywhere he has played.

"Trade whoever you have to to get the players I want, and if you don't, I will leave. And if you do get them, and it doesn't lead to rings, I will leave".

As great as he is, I didn't want him on the Lakers. I thought the young core they had, and we're continuing to build was just a step or two away from being contenders for a while.

The Lakers felt they needed a veteran star to help the young player gel, so they got LeBron. However, LeBron doesn't want to gel with young players. Never has. He wants it his way, not what's best overall for the franchise/team.

So, the firesale of young talent starts. First was Randle, then Zu and Svi, now possibly Ingram and Ball ( and maybe even Kuzma ). Plus whoever they could get at #4.

If they get 1 'ship, maybe it's worth it. But how many did they give up in the process? We will never know.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As great of a player as LeBron is, this has been his MO everywhere he has played.

"Trade whoever you have to to get the players I want, and if you don't, I will leave. And if you do get them, and it doesn't lead to rings, I will leave".

As great as he is, I didn't want him on the Lakers. I thought the young core they had, and we're continuing to build was just a step or two away from being contenders for a while.

The Lakers felt they needed a veteran star to help the young player gel, so they got LeBron. However, LeBron doesn't want to gel with young players. Never has. He wants it his way, not what's best overall for the franchise/team.

So, the firesale of young talent starts. First was Randle, then Zu and Svi, now possibly Ingram and Ball ( and maybe even Kuzma ). Plus whoever they could get at #4.

If they get 1 'ship, maybe it's worth it. But how many did they give up in the process? We will never know.
I think Lebron does want to gel with young guys. As a veteran and one of the best players of all time, you expect alot, just like Kobe was hard on youg teamates. I see Lebron hanging out with Lonzo in the offseason etc..He wants AD, but I think he sees the potential in the young guys. However, this could turn out as another Dwightmare and set us back again. I am getting too old for this crap. Don't give up the farm!!