• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie wouldn't make every team worse if he just accepted his role

Another example of this is Melo. Once he finally accepted he wasn't what he was he got a job again

Kyrie is a fantastic number two

He's a shitty number one

Oh, I agree. Problem is, this is Kyrie we're talking about. Maybe he actually accepts that KD's a better player than him, who knows?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New season of Game of Zones started. My god, LMAO. This is a must watch. Gotta watch it multiple times because it packs in so many jokes and references. You gotta pause it at multiple instances to just read all the jokes littered about in the backgrounds of each scene. Basically, if you see any text in the background, pause it and read it because its some sort of clever joke and reference. So much stuff in this episode.The media, Basketball Reference, an absolutely hilarious Windhorst reveal

:pound::pound::pound:

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't it make more sense for the NBA to permanently change their season to December to August?

I know in the past the concern was TV wouldn't do the ratings in the summer but I just think the American culture has changed.

The NFL is King now not baseball.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't it make more sense for the NBA to permanently change their season to December to August?

I know in the past the concern was TV wouldn't do the ratings in the summer but I just think the American culture has changed.

It is the smart thing to do. Also would eliminate that dead period we usually get from the end of basketball season til the start of cfb/nfl

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the smart thing to do. Also would eliminate that dead period we usually get from the end of basketball season til the start of cfb/nfl

Hearing that with things starting to open back up, pro leagues are going to be announcing restart plans soon.

Hopefully there aren’t any major Covid setbacks over the next couple months so we can get these games in.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing that with things starting to open back up, pro leagues are going to be announcing restart plans soon.

Hopefully there aren’t any major Covid setbacks over the next couple months so we can get these games in.

NASCAR announced theirs today.

Just seems there is too much money to lose (heard 12 billion today) to not make every effort to make it happen across sports.

Owners are rich but that's a huge haircut.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NASCAR announced theirs today.

Just seems there is too much money to lose (heard 12 billion today) to not make every effort to make it happen across sports.

Owners are rich but that's a huge haircut.
Yes but are they suggesting games with crowds? Because that seems unlikely. If it's games in empty arenas on TV that should be safe but then where will the revenue come from? The TV money is already banked.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but are they suggesting games with crowds? Because that seems unlikely. If it's games in empty arenas on TV that should be safe but then where will the revenue come from? The TV money is already banked.

I don't know the true specifics but it's my understanding they would have to return some of the tv money

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No crowds.

I would guess there are clauses in the TV contracts that if the games aren’t played, that money goes away too. Or at least some of it.

They certainly won’t make as much as they would have with a full season, but pretty safe to say hundreds of millions are lost if they don’t finish the season.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Pistons documentary from 2014, holy shit @tlance you were right. This guy Zeke is full of excuses.

The excuses he kept making about his comments on Bird was comical

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Pistons documentary from 2014, holy shit @tlance you were right. This guy Zeke is full of excuses.

The excuses he kept making about his comments on Bird was comical

He really seemed to love to hear himself talk and he didn’t think about what he was saying.

Pretty dangerous combination in front of a camera.

By the way, you are OTC in D2 draft.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had no idea about the beef between Isiah and Adrian Dantley

Dantley was a six foot four small forward who was aging and was taking time from rodman. It was Isiah's team and Dantley wasn't wanting that. Isiah likely did want him traded and Mark Aguirre was his friend.

Would be better if Isiah copped to it though.

And I say this as a kid who's first favorite basketball player was Adrian Dantley