• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That fuckers no hero...he's the reason we can't find any toilet paper. lol
What the hell is anyway that everyone is buying out the toilet paper? I am not a morning purpose, I am working out of my house, so I don't have to get up early - and yet if I want some damned toilet paper, I have to get up at 7 and go when they are opening the doors only for the seniors - On the other that's one good thing about being old:lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way - Rudy Gobert is being used as a scapegoat unfairly - this COVID-19 was coming and couldn't have been prevented or stopped. It's like calling the police on a burglar coming into your house - As long as he is on the sidewalk - you have to wait - unless you do like my grandfather did 85 years ago - He pretended to leave, then circled around and went back in through the back door and then took a piece of wood from their fireplace and hit the hell out of him in the forehead - Boom - No problems and the closest law back then was 100 miles :lol:

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Worthy doesn't get the love he deserves either imo

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is anyway that everyone is buying out the toilet paper? I am not a morning purpose, I am working out of my house, so I don't have to get up early - and yet if I want some damned toilet paper, I have to get up at 7 and go when they are opening the doors only for the seniors - On the other that's one good thing about being old:lol:
Wouldn't shock me if a few people just decided to see if they could get the country to go nuts about not being able to get a particular item and decided on TP.

Saw some in a local forum say they better get bottled water and many followed.......like water was ever going to be unavailable?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't shock me if a few people just decided to see if they could get the country to go nuts about not being able to get a particular item and decided on TP.

Saw some in a local forum say they better get bottled water and many followed.......like water was ever going to be unavailable?
it's better now - I just have to get up early and get what I need, but what a pain in the ass, just to be able to wipe your ass

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what I find funny about this story?
How do we know Gobert passed ot to Mitchell? Could have easily been the other way

I agree. But it's easier to blame Gobert because of his actions during that press conference.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 153,021.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All I know is going without toilet paper is not happening. I’m all about the good old days and all but not to that extreme.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is going without toilet paper is not happening. I’m all about the good old days and all but not to that extreme.
Fortunately it hasn't had to come down to paper towels or newspapers yet :lol:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a new grandson that's supposed to be born June 1st.

It's the daughter in Florida.

I'm already beginning his indoctrination.

Just had 3 USC onesies sent.

Found a Lakers onesy where I can have is name put on the back and a Kobe Black Mamba one.

Those will be sent next week along with a Seahawks as well.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think its that hard to understand if you sit and think about it for a couple minutes. Everybody poops. People go to stores, some might buy Coke, some might by Pepsi, some might by chicken, some might buy beef. But everyone is buying toilet paper. Everyone is locked down and can't go anywhere so they're going to be using more of it than they normally would. So naturally people are going to buy some extra to stock up.

Now he's where the problem comes in. It's the supply chain. In normal times, let's say for example that demand for a certain store usually averages 2 rolls (we're using small numbers here to make it easy). Every day in normal times, that store averages 2 rolls bought. So the supplier supplies just enough to get by, sending the store 4 rolls, to keep margins profitable. It's plenty enough to meet the demand and enough of a buffer if things momentarily get out of whack. It makes no sense for them to produce excess toilet paper that doesn't sell and all their research has shown 4 rolls is a good safety net. But now something cataclysmic has happened. Demand on the store is now 10 rolls. The store only has 4 which get sold quickly and supply production has been operating forever producing 4 rolls. It's gonna take time to ramp up to meet that 10 roll demand. And now panic has set in because the stores are out. That 10 roll demand has now jumped to 20 because people once they see toilet paper will start buying as much as they can because they've seen empty shelves and fear being left without. Demand has grown exponentially. Production has to ramp up tremendously to meet that demand and that's gonna take time. It just can't flip a switch and magically reconfigure its factories to go from producing 4 rolls to 30 rolls (extra buffer for the 20 roll demand) overnight. And that's even further compounded by the fact that those producers themselves face work issues from the lockdowns as well.

So that's how you get a shortage

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CitySushi isn't banned. His last log in was March 31st.

Hopefully he's just taking a break.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CitySushi isn't banned. His last log in was March 31st.

Hopefully he's just taking a break.

Maybe he did something with his privacy setting that doesn't show any of his recent post

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he did something with his privacy setting that doesn't show any of his recent post

There's been something weird going on with the search feature. Some folks don't get anything when they do a search. Not sure what's going on with that.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paywall story. Got a summary?

Aug. 31, 2020

Starting at 6 p.m. ET, teams and players are permitted to begin free-agent negotiations

Sept. 6, 2020

Starting at noon ET, teams are allowed to sign free agents and conduct trades

Sep 8, 2020

NBA Draft

Sept. 18 to Oct. 1, 2020

Rookie Fall League (formerly Las Vegas Summer League)

Dec. 1, 2020

Start of training camp

Dec. 7, 2020

Preseason begins

Dec. 21, 2020

Rosters set for opening day

Last date to sign a rookie extension

Dec. 25, 2020

Opening day of the regular season

Dec. 31, 2020

The last date to exercise an option year in a rookie contract.

March 1, 2021

10-day contracts can be signed

March 6, 2021

All contracts become guaranteed

April 8, 2021

• Trade deadline (3 p.m. ET)
April 16 to April 18, 2021

• All-Star weekend
June 16, 2021

• Regular season ends
June 19, 2021

• Start of the playoffs