• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dantley was a six foot four small forward who was aging and was taking time from rodman. It was Isiah's team and Dantley wasn't wanting that. Isiah likely did want him traded and Mark Aguirre was his friend.

Would be better if Isiah copped to it though.

And I say this as a kid who's first favorite basketball player was Adrian Dantley

Also they robbed Detroit in 88. What a horrible call with a championship literally on the line in those final seconds

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They might as well just open all at once if they are gonna have so little time in between. Theoretically, if more people were exposed by getting out in public with the May 4 openings, you'd just start hearing about their sickness by the time the rest opens on May 18. So its not like you've got yourself a safety buffer there to see if everything is ok. But then again, Florida gonna Florida

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also they robbed Detroit in 88. What a horrible call with a championship literally on the line in those final seconds

Yea it's hard to defend that call imo.

Isiah scoring 25 on a badly sprained ankle would've been an all time NBA moment if they win that game also

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't it make more sense for the NBA to permanently change their season to December to August?

I know in the past the concern was TV wouldn't do the ratings in the summer but I just think the American culture has changed.

The NFL is King now not baseball.
I'd vote no as it would make week nights in November pretty boring. But not completely opposed.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No bball yet, so figured why not another football topic Q....

Was asked if I'd make this deal. Answer seemed obvious to me, curious what this group thinks......We trade Baker, Njoku and 2 firsts for Aaron Rodgers.

Yay or nay (yay means you'd make the deal if the Browns)?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was asked if I'd make this deal. Answer seemed obvious to me, curious what this group thinks......We trade Baker, Njoku and 2 firsts for Aaron Rodgers.

Wow, that's a tough one.

Rodgers is 36, so he probably only has a couple of years left. But I don't think that even his best Packers teams had the weapons that the Browns do.

Make that trade and you're probably Super Bowl favorites for at least the next 2 years (longer if he ages like Brady).

On the other hand, the Browns are a young team and Rodgers is a grumpy old man...that could be an issue.

I guess it would come down to how sold the Browns are on Baker. He looked like the future during his rookie year...last year, not so much.

If they're confident that last year was an anomaly, then you maybe keep him. But if it wasn't and you had a chance to trade him for Rodgers....

Looking at what the Browns have right now, I don't want to take a chance on missing it, I make the trade.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea it's hard to defend that call imo.

Isiah scoring 25 on a badly sprained ankle would've been an all time NBA moment if they win that game also

Looking at it as objectively as possible...

By the letter of the law, that was a foul. Laimbeer got him with the body and it looked like enough contact to effect the shot.

However, looking at how the games were called back then, especially in the playoffs and finals...that shouldn't have been called.

I think there were 2 factors at play, Kareem was at the end of his career with a chance to be a hero in what could have been his last finals appearance...I'm not sure there was another center in the league that would have gotten that call.

and nobody liked Laimbeer or the Pistons.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that's a tough one.

Rodgers is 36, so he probably only has a couple of years left. But I don't think that even his best Packers teams had the weapons that the Browns do.

Make that trade and you're probably Super Bowl favorites for at least the next 2 years (longer if he ages like Brady).

On the other hand, the Browns are a young team and Rodgers is a grumpy old man...that could be an issue.

I guess it would come down to how sold the Browns are on Baker. He looked like the future during his rookie year...last year, not so much.

If they're confident that last year was an anomaly, then you maybe keep him. But if it wasn't and you had a chance to trade him for Rodgers....

Looking at what the Browns have right now, I don't want to take a chance on missing it, I make the trade.
I think you nailed it toward the end on whether you make the deal......if you think 2019 baker is the real baker and can get at least 3 years of great production from AR then you do it.

However, going into 2019 some thought Baker could lead them to a SB (or at least playoffs) based on his 2018 production and probably improvement on his rookie season, and not like AR was anything special in 2019 as he showed signs of serious regression. Did not know until I looked, but he was behind Baker in 2019 QBR (big surprise to me).

since I'm in the camp of 2018 being the more accurate version I don't make this deal. Figure if he sucks we are bad enough to get a high pick and maybe use it on a QB we can have another decade as opposed to a slowing down AR for a few years.

I think too many have seen Brees and Brady light it up into their 40s they think every elite QB can do this (not saying you said this). Other than maybe half a season of Favre I cannot think of another such QB

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay people don't forget to watch the 2006 world hamburger eating championship on espn 8 the ocho at 11:30 rocky mountain higher time today. I can't wait for lawn mower racing later in the day.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On this date in 1939.

The Iron Horse takes himself out of the Yankees line up. Ending his streak of 2,130 consecutive games played.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you nailed it toward the end on whether you make the deal......if you think 2019 baker is the real baker and can get at least 3 years of great production from AR then you do it.

However, going into 2019 some thought Baker could lead them to a SB (or at least playoffs) based on his 2018 production and probably improvement on his rookie season, and not like AR was anything special in 2019 as he showed signs of serious regression. Did not know until I looked, but he was behind Baker in 2019 QBR (big surprise to me).

since I'm in the camp of 2018 being the more accurate version I don't make this deal. Figure if he sucks we are bad enough to get a high pick and maybe use it on a QB we can have another decade as opposed to a slowing down AR for a few years.

I think too many have seen Brees and Brady light it up into their 40s they think every elite QB can do this (not saying you said this). Other than maybe half a season of Favre I cannot think of another such QB

Yeah, it can be tough with an older QB. There seem to be more older QB's still doing well than I can remember. There's Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger and Rivers just off the top of my head. Peyton Manning was pretty effective late in his career too. Although, in his final season, it seemed like the Broncos won in spite of him a fair bit.

The way QB's are protected now along with the advances in training would make me more willing to take a chance on Rodgers. But, as they say, Father Time is undefeated. So if you do make that trade and Rodgers ages fast...you end up having traded away your future for a present that didn't pan out.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t think it is that tough.

Strong no.

That is just too much to pay. Rodgers is still a top 10 QB, but clearly on the downside of his career. He is a short term upgrade over Baker, but not by enough to make this deal worth it.

Also, given Rodgers’ rep that just seems like another outsized ego to manage.

Now, if Baker sucks again this year with different coaching, then maybe you consider a deal of this magnitude. But not now.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, if Baker sucks again this year with different coaching, then maybe you consider a deal of this magnitude. But not now.

The problem with that, imo, is that if he sucks again, he may not retain enough trade value to be able to make a trade of that magnitude.

Right now, folks are looking at last year and putting a lot of the blame on Kitchens and other factors...if they continue to struggle...folks will start to look at him as the reason.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that, imo, is that if he sucks again, he may not retain enough trade value to be able to make a trade of that magnitude.

Right now, folks are looking at last year and putting a lot of the blame on Kitchens and other factors...if they continue to struggle...folks will start to look at him as the reason.

yeah,

but the long term value gap between those two players just isn’t that drastic. Rodgers has more value today for sure. But not by that much. He is getting up there, he has been good, but he hasn’t been the best for a few years now. There are at least 4 QBs I would rather have leading my team this year (Mahomes, LJ, Wilson, Brees) and there is a non zero chance Baker passes Rodgers by within the next 2 years.

Also, thinking the Packers wouldn’t want this either.

Their window of contention is now. They just used a 1st round pick to draft who they hope is their QB of the future. While I think the value is on their side for sure, I don’t think it fits their roster build.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The funny thing is that this would be a very Cleveland move to make.

And you know if they did it, Baker would go nuts and Rodgers would fall apart.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah,

but the long term value gap between those two players just isn’t that drastic. Rodgers has more value today for sure. But not by that much. He is getting up there, he has been good, but he hasn’t been the best for a few years now. There are at least 4 QBs I would rather have leading my team this year (Mahomes, LJ, Wilson, Brees) and there is a non zero chance Baker passes Rodgers by within the next 2 years.

Also, thinking the Packers wouldn’t want this either.

Their window of contention is now. They just used a 1st round pick to draft who they hope is their QB of the future. While I think the value is on their side for sure, I don’t think it fits their roster build.

Yeah, the Packers may actually be less interested than the Browns. But they also haven't done much to improve their chances.

I agree that Rodgers isn't the guy he was a few years ago, but I think he's still a Super Bowl caliber qb with the right weapons.

He would have those weapons with the Browns.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it can be tough with an older QB. There seem to be more older QB's still doing well than I can remember. There's Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger and Rivers just off the top of my head. Peyton Manning was pretty effective late in his career too. Although, in his final season, it seemed like the Broncos won in spite of him a fair bit.

The way QB's are protected now along with the advances in training would make me more willing to take a chance on Rodgers. But, as they say, Father Time is undefeated. So if you do make that trade and Rodgers ages fast...you end up having traded away your future for a present that didn't pan out.
Yep...and other than Brees/Brady, the others have not made it to 40 yet and already seem to be slowing down a great deal. Well, maybe not Ben yet, but still need to see him post injury.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think it is that tough.

Strong no.

That is just too much to pay. Rodgers is still a top 10 QB, but clearly on the downside of his career. He is a short term upgrade over Baker, but not by enough to make this deal worth it.

Also, given Rodgers’ rep that just seems like another outsized ego to manage.

That was the side I took as obvious.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is that this would be a very Cleveland move to make.

And you know if they did it, Baker would go nuts and Rodgers would fall apart.

Yeah, literally every other team in the NFL could make that trade and it would work out well for them on some level.

But with the Browns, the worst case scenario is usually the most likely.