• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that, imo, is that if he sucks again, he may not retain enough trade value to be able to make a trade of that magnitude.

Right now, folks are looking at last year and putting a lot of the blame on Kitchens and other factors...if they continue to struggle...folks will start to look at him as the reason.
and if they suck again, they probably should with all they have on the offense.

But, hell, if they suck they probably have a high first they can use to try and find a QB...as opposed to dealing it (and the 2022 pick) for AR.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is that this would be a very Cleveland move to make.

And you know if they did it, Baker would go nuts and Rodgers would fall apart.
Very Cleveland as in a bad move like previous FOs? No disagreement. But cannot recall a move like this that they made. If anything, they were blamed for not drafting a young QB.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, literally every other team in the NFL could make that trade and it would work out well for them on some level.

But with the Browns, the worst case scenario is usually the most likely.
damn I wish that hadn't been the case since the return....and even pre- departure.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, hell, if they suck they probably have a high first they can use to try and find a QB...as opposed to dealing it (and the 2022 pick) for AR.

Yeah, to me, if you can win now, you win now and I think Rodgers gives the Browns a better chance to win now.

But, assuming Baker bounces back, that's a lot of young talent and while they might not get to the Super Bowl now (they have to learn how to win in the playoffs), they could be in the hunt a lot longer.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No bball yet, so figured why not another football topic Q....

Was asked if I'd make this deal. Answer seemed obvious to me, curious what this group thinks......We trade Baker, Njoku and 2 firsts for Aaron Rodgers.

Yay or nay (yay means you'd make the deal if the Browns)?

No

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at it as objectively as possible...

By the letter of the law, that was a foul. Laimbeer got him with the body and it looked like enough contact to effect the shot.

However, looking at how the games were called back then, especially in the playoffs and finals...that shouldn't have been called.

I think there were 2 factors at play, Kareem was at the end of his career with a chance to be a hero in what could have been his last finals appearance...I'm not sure there was another center in the league that would have gotten that call.

and nobody liked Laimbeer or the Pistons.

That's a fair take

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at it as objectively as possible...

By the letter of the law, that was a foul. Laimbeer got him with the body and it looked like enough contact to effect the shot.

However, looking at how the games were called back then, especially in the playoffs and finals...that shouldn't have been called.

I think there were 2 factors at play, Kareem was at the end of his career with a chance to be a hero in what could have been his last finals appearance...I'm not sure there was another center in the league that would have gotten that call.

and nobody liked Laimbeer or the Pistons.

As much as i dislike that call, that bad call couldn't happen to a better guy

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's funny is that Isiah is a very sociable guy. I just think he has zero filter and is a little shady at times.

But he must've been a damn good teammate because he stayed the whole time and you hear almost nothing negative from them

(Except Dantley lol)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's funny is that Isiah is a very sociable guy. I just think he has zero filter and is a little shady at times.

But he must've been a damn good teammate because he stayed the whole time and you hear almost nothing negative from them

(Except Dantley lol)

A little shady? No way! Not Zeke. Are these things really that bad? Supposedly leading a freeze out during the '85 All Star game of some fella named Michael Jordan.

In '87 saying if Larry Legend was black he'd just be another good player. Killing the CBA. That was $10 mil down the toilet. His glorious time with the Brickabockers. Returning to the college game & leading FIU to a 26-65 record in 3 seasons.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very Cleveland as in a bad move like previous FOs? No disagreement. But cannot recall a move like this that they made. If anything, they were blamed for not drafting a young QB.

No.

Very Cleveland in that whatever choice they would make in this scenario would be the wrong one. Because that is just how things have tended to work out for the Browns.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little shady? No way! Not Zeke. Are these things really that bad? Supposedly leading a freeze out during the '85 All Star game of some fella named Michael Jordan.

In '87 saying if Larry Legend was black he'd just be another good player. Killing the CBA. That was $10 mil down the toilet. His glorious time with the Brickabockers. Returning to the college game & leading FIU to a 26-65 record in 3 seasons.

Well I don't expect a Celtic to be a Isiah Half full Kinda guy lol

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Very Cleveland in that whatever choice they would make in this scenario would be the wrong one. Because that is just how things have tended to work out for the Browns.

So many examples.. like Courtney Brown. Dude was a monster his rookie year. Like 81 tackles for a defensive lineman on a trash team. Blows legs to pieces. Chris Spielman. Injured in his first practice. Lecharles Bentley. Gary Baxter blowing out not one but two knees at the same time. Tim Couch was never healthy. This last season with pretty much the entire defensive backfield being injured.

And I get every team deals with injuries but many of those above happened as soon as or very near to the beginning of their time with the Browns.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many examples.. like Courtney Brown. Dude was a monster his rookie year. Like 81 tackles for a defensive lineman on a trash team. Blows legs to pieces. Chris Spielman. Injured in his first practice. Lecharles Bentley. Gary Baxter blowing out not one but two knees at the same time. Tim Couch was never healthy. This last season with pretty much the entire defensive backfield being injured.

And I get every team deals with injuries but many of those above happened as soon as or very near to the beginning of their time with the Browns.

And you didn't even mention the biggest jinx for the team since their return. Jimmy Haslam.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes I don't see dealing two first rounders for an expensive qb at the end of career. What keeps Rodgers from saying fuck this and retiring

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem was they kept trading down when an obvious young qb option was available to them.

Wow what do you know they draft a QB early and it is semi successful. Shocking