• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with that theory is that the results of their decision aren't just limited to them.

Absolutely. The toughest thing about of all of this is that carriers can be non-symptomatic and still spread the virus. You can be risking yours (or a family member's) life by going to a dentist that could have the virus. His entire client schedule could get the virus as a result.

TESTING TESTING TESTING. Until we at least have widespread testing, if not treatment (we know a vaccine could be a year away or more), we can't even know the true hospitalization/death rates involved. Positive cases could be 10x, making the death rate much less impact. However, until we can evaluate that, why poke the bear?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My county (Monroe) has deaths increasing more than cases, week to week. Cases are up 25% (we just cracked 1000 over the weekend), while deaths are up 40% (to 56) over the past week in a county of approx 750K.

Get better at social distance

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I'm sure many have access, what about the young guys who live in luxury appartments in the city in which they play? Most rec centers, playgrounds and schools are closed.

I would think that they could use their endless connections to get somebody to open a gym privately for them.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not scared at all. I just understand science and statistics. Shit, a month and half ago I was telling people here how to calculate mortality rates and how people were going to need to take this more seriously because it was gonna be disruptive (before there were lockdowns) and now those same people are like its time to move on because they're understand everything all of sudden.
Can't say I recall many saying it's time to move on...more likely they are saying ease back if anything.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think that they could use their endless connections to get somebody to open a gym privately for them.
and maybe some could, but hardly all of them have these connections. some of their connections might not be willing to lose their jobs for them.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. The toughest thing about of all of this is that carriers can be non-symptomatic and still spread the virus. You can be risking yours (or a family member's) life by going to a dentist that could have the virus. His entire client schedule could get the virus as a result.

TESTING TESTING TESTING. Until we at least have widespread testing, if not treatment (we know a vaccine could be a year away or more), we can't even know the true hospitalization/death rates involved. Positive cases could be 10x, making the death rate much less impact. However, until we can evaluate that, why poke the bear?
And that is why it is your choice to go or not go to that dentist. Have to think there's a much better chance to catch it from the many in the grocery store where I'm sure many go far more often than they NEED to go than being in a dentist's office with a few people every 6 months....assuming the dentist takes proper precautions.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he wants to put people at risk to test his theory. Clearly, he's not an elected official (or have a conscience).
did you read the entire article? Sounds like all he is saying is we don't know what causes numbers to go up or down (whether the stay at home is what actually brought numbers down)....because we don't.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you read the entire article? Sounds like all he is saying is we don't know what causes numbers to go up or down (whether the stay at home is what actually brought numbers down)....because we don't.

Right, but he also says that the only way to find out is to try lifting the regulations in a county and risk exposing those people. There's no way to limit anything to a county, as county lines aren't regulated borders.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so never get back to living again?

Nobody ever suggested that.
The experts have laid out a plan that they feel will work.
Each and every one says testing is the key.
We’re not close to there yet, in these places where people are protesting.

People going by their ‘gut’, and making stupid, false claims will only cause a relapse that will set us back further.

The irony of some people who claim the economy is better than ever before, can’t survive missing one paycheck period.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, but he also says that the only way to find out is to try lifting the regulations in a county and risk exposing those people. There's no way to limit anything to a county, as county lines aren't regulated borders.
And he said we could find out by checking similar states and counties who already lifted or did not lift the order.

But it is true there would be other factors......county lines can be crossed (as you mention), how dense the pop. is, etc.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody ever suggested that.
The experts have laid out a plan that they feel will work.
Each and every one says testing is the key.
We’re not close to there yet, in these places where people are protesting.

People going by their ‘gut’, and making stupid, false claims will only cause a relapse that will set us back further.

The irony of some people who claim the economy is better than ever before, can’t survive missing one paycheck period.
seems a bit extreme..."each and everyone" says testing is key? Not one person has a different viewpoint?

Seems a lot like politics...the absurd comments are from those on 100% of one side or the other with no in between (not saying this is your stance).

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems a bit extreme..."each and everyone" says testing is key? Not one person has a different viewpoint?

Seems a lot like politics...the absurd comments are from those on 100% of one side or the other with no in between (not saying this is your stance).

I am going by the opinions that Ive heard from the ‘experts’ ( science people), who have been the ones covering this on a national level.

Are you saying you have heard one of them say different?

Not at all suggesting you, but there is a ton of just uninformed ignorance in our society. How on earth can people compare a virus like this to AIDS, for example?

When you have something this deadly where a large % of people are asymptomatic, you better error on the side of caution IMO.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going by the opinions that Ive heard from the ‘experts’ ( science people), who have been the ones covering this on a national level.

Are you saying you have heard one of them say different?

Not at all suggesting you, but there is a ton of just uninformed ignorance in our society. How on earth can people compare a virus like this to AIDS, for example?

When you have something this deadly where a large % of people are asymptomatic, you better error on the side of caution IMO.
There is testing. How many must we be able to test before the lockdown can end?

and, yeah, definitely ignorance on the other side of the scope. Comparing to car crashes absurd (should we not drive, too?) as well.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He also didn't endorse it. Pointing out that it's the only way to truly know, doesn't equal suggesting that we actually do it.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is testing. How many must we be able to test before the lockdown can end?

and, yeah, definitely ignorance on the other side of the scope. Comparing to car crashes absurd (should we not drive, too?) as well.

I think just over 1% of the population has been tested.
To simplify, that means near 99% hasn’t.
I know people who have/had multiple symptoms but were not able to get tested.

There is plenty of unbiased opinions out there, that can easily be found.
Im not trying to convince you.

If people were just killing themselves by taking the risk, then im all for it.
Not the case though.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and maybe some could, but hardly all of them have these connections. some of their connections might not be willing to lose their jobs for them.

Sure they do.

All it takes is 1 phone call to a coach on their team who absolutely 100% has those connections.

The average high school coach would cream their pants if they got contacted by an NBA coach asking if one of their players could use the school’s gym to workout.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think just over 1% of the population has been tested.
To simplify, that means near 99% hasn’t.
I know people who have/had multiple symptoms but were not able to get tested.

There is plenty of unbiased opinions out there, that can easily be found.
Im not trying to convince you.

If people were just killing themselves by taking the risk, then im all for it.
Not the case though.
Not sure why you think I cannot be convinced if that was your goal (I get it isn't). I'm in the middle of this.

I don't think they should reopen on May 1, but sometime in May or June 1 at the latest on a gradual scale....let people decide for themselves and I believe most will be smart about it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure they do.

All it takes is 1 phone call to a coach on their team who absolutely 100% has those connections.

The average high school coach would cream their pants if they got contacted by an NBA coach asking if one of their players could use the school’s gym to workout.
if you say so.

My guess is some would, some would fear it could affect their job status and wouldn't take the risk.