• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with this stay at home thing is that too many are acting like it's the same everywhere with the same level of precautions needed everywhere and that just isn't the case.

Imo, folks need to concern themselves with what is going on in their areas, do what their circumstance requires and quit trying to preach to others what they should or shouldn't be doing when those others aren't having the same experience.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you say so.

My guess is some would, some would fear it could affect their job status and wouldn't take the risk.

If it's a high school, I'd think a call to the AD and/or Principal would be all it would take to let the coach know if his job would be at risk.

Also, in Miami for example, I'd bet that a phone call to the AD or Principal at a local high school with the phrase "The Miami Heat would be happy to make a donation to your schools athletic fund as a way to express our appreciation for your assistance in this matter" included in it would go a long way to getting to yes. lol

If it's a gym, a call to the owner or General Manager or someone should cover them as well.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with this stay at home thing is that too many are acting like it's the same everywhere with the same level of precautions needed everywhere and that just isn't the case.

Imo, folks need to concern themselves with what is going on in their areas, do what their circumstance requires and quit trying to preach to others what they should or shouldn't be doing when those others aren't having the same experience.

Those place will soon have followed the guidelines and will be operating under phase 1 rules.

The people protesting in heavy populated problem areas are what we were discussing.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't explain mortality rates to me dude. Just because we disagree does not mean you have to get uppity about it.

I will be happy to show you posts from myself warning people we would be worse than Italy and even best case scenario from the Imperial college had us losing 48k.

But again the death toll isn't the story it's whether the hospitals can function. The death toll is just a means to track it.

And I may not be a first responder but I am out in this shit every single day unlike much of this country.

Wasn't referencing you. Relax. It was a blanket statement talking about several people across the boards that didn't know basic stuff like a month ago but all of sudden think they know enough now that they are convinced everything is ok to start moving ahead when its not. As of last week, not a single place in the US has testing capacity where it needs to be to begin to start opening up yet they think because specific areas don't have many cases, it means its fine to move ahead. No, that's not that means. The lockdowns are keeping your numbers low. You can't move on until you have means to ensure they are staying low (testing).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you say so.

My guess is some would, some would fear it could affect their job status and wouldn't take the risk.

I do say so. No risk at all if the proper channels are used.

Public schools? Nah. Too much red tape.

Plenty of private schools out there that would be more than willing to let a couple NBA players workout in their empty gym.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's a high school, I'd think a call to the AD and/or Principal would be all it would take to let the coach know if his job would be at risk.

Also, in Miami for example, I'd bet that a phone call to the AD or Principal at a local high school with the phrase "The Miami Heat would be happy to make a donation to your schools athletic fund as a way to express our appreciation for your assistance in this matter" included in it would go a long way to getting to yes. lol

If it's a gym, a call to the owner or General Manager or someone should cover them as well.

Not to mention churches, rec facilities closed to the public, just so many potential options.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why you called out for me, but I'll reply....Definitely some idiots out there, but are you not aware we have a lockdown order and he still contracted the virus?
Yeah I guess that dude wasn't exactly wrong...the lockdown didn't help him one bit. He probably didn't obey it I would guess.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why you called out for me, but I'll reply....Definitely some idiots out there, but are you not aware we have a lockdown order and he still contracted the virus?

Just tagged you because it was in Ohio. Not implying it is your thinking.

Im pretty confident he wasnt following any stay at home orders.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like most young healthy people who get it, like almost every NBA guy who did, LeBron probably wouldn't even know if he had it. Aren't over 50% of cases asymptomatic?

@TurnUpTheHeat

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just tagged you because it was in Ohio. Not implying it is your thinking.

Im pretty confident he wasnt following any stay at home orders.
Maybe not......but just as likely he contracted from someone in an essential business.

Not sure it's really relevant. Andrew Cuomo preached to stay at home while not staying at home (until he got the virus).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got this from someone I know......

so here's an interesting virus stat. A friend / former employee who is now a nurse , and a little in the know, is in charge of the nurses on the COVID floor at the Cleveland clinic. Take a guess how many patients her floor has seen the last 4 weeks..

any guesses?

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,055.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got this from someone I know......

so here's an interesting virus stat. A friend / former employee who is now a nurse , and a little in the know, is in charge of the nurses on the COVID floor at the Cleveland clinic. Take a guess how many patients her floor has seen the last 4 weeks..

any guesses?
A friend that happens to be in the know....always a good source.

Is their name Spock?