• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yes. I'll kick him in the balls and make a layup.

I honestly don't think it is that hard IF you can shoot. He would obviously have the size on about all of us but I will take my chances by shooting 10 jump shots. One will go in lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think it is that hard IF you can shoot. He would obviously have the size on about all of us but I will take my chances by shooting 10 jump shots. One will go in lol

Yeah, I might have to run back and launch from midcourt. But I can hit 1 of 10 from there. lol

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went and watched a YouTube video on that device after you told me what it was.

I immediately came to the same conclusion: Seems like it should be illegal.

You can play Sega, Atari, Xbox and PlayStation games.

Some of them come preloaded with 300-1000 games.

Holy shit...lol

For whatever reason, I think the emulator is actually legal to buy. I guess its just because its a device. It's the content that it plays that's illegal. I wouldn't worry about buying one preloaded. If they bother to crack down on anyone, it'll be against the seller.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You probably don't have to expose yourself to hundreds of people a day who don't respect your personal space because they want a rack of ribs.

If any place will super spread this thing I wouldn't put a beach at the top of the list.

As I said above there are people dealing with very real mental, anxiety, depression etc issues and maybe a trip to the beach makes that one day seem a little better.

From what I saw of that picture most people were SD

The whole point of this lockdown is to alleviate the healthcare system.. not lock the entire population away infinitely so no one dies. People are going to die still.

The crowd size at the beach is too high, even if you stay 6 feet away from people, which is basically an impossibility to do at all times. When you start getting crowd sizes like the one from Jax, you start getting diminishing returns from the social distancing guidelines. You start defeating the purpose.

The difference with grocery stores is on a couple of fronts. If the stores themselves are enforcing guidelines, they are limiting people in the store at any one time so it makes it easier to keep distancing. And probably more importantly, they are constantly cleaning. If parks or beaches have common areas that are shared (ie benches, equipment, etc), there's no one going around lysoling them down every time someone come in contact with them.

So that's why beaches probably shouldn't be open. It's the fact that people will start to gather and linger. For the mental health side of thing you were talking about it, it's fine if you want to have them "open" for exercise (ie you can run or walk), but its not wise to loiter and just hang out all day. A person's natural mindset is "well, I can just hang out here. It'll just be me". But then 100 other people have that same mindset. Then you have a problem. That's why people are advising beaches to be closed.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The crowd size at the beach is too high, even if you stay 6 feet away from people, which is basically an impossibility to do at all times. When you start getting crowd sizes like the one from Jax, you start getting diminishing returns from the social distancing guidelines. You start defeating the purpose.

The difference with grocery stores is on a couple of fronts. If the stores themselves are enforcing guidelines, they are limiting people in the store at any one time so it makes it easier to keep distancing. And probably more importantly, they are constantly cleaning. If parks or beaches have common areas that are shared (ie benches, equipment, etc), there's no one going around lysoling them down every time someone come in contact with them.

So that's why beaches probably shouldn't be open. It's the fact that people will start to gather and linger. For the mental health side of thing you were talking about it, it's fine if you want to have them "open" for exercise (ie you can run or walk), but its not wise to loiter and just hang out all day. A person's natural mindset is "well, I can just hang out here. It'll just be me". But then 100 other people have that same mindset. Then you have a problem. That's why people are advising beaches to be closed.

I'm almost positive they said people couldn't bring a towel. Guess that means air drying if you want to swim lol

But yes here In Ohio the opiod epidemic has still killed more people this year than covid. I've been absolutely immersed in this covid deal and have been to this point a big believer in the lockdown but the economy simply cannot sustain much more of this

The SBA is gone already. We face record unemployment

We will start seeing rolling effects of this that will ripple for years to come. And if something can be opened relatively safely it should be open.

I'm not going to waste time telling them how to police the beach but they should police the beach obviously

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm almost positive they said people couldn't bring a towel. Guess that means air drying if you want to swim lol

From what I read, it looks like at least some of the beaches in Florida folks aren't allowed to sunbathe.

They can walk, jog, ride bikes, etc. but can't just be hanging out on the beach.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prime MJ my man. One of the very best perimeter defenders of all time. 6’6”, much faster and stronger than any of us here. Not only that, but given his nature, he would take it as a personal challenge to keep you from getting a shot off. He isn’t just going to stand there and let you take jumpers.

I play a lot and I am pretty good for my age, but I doubt I could score against a motivated MJ.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I will bet I can outshoot anybody here.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are on the same page...lol

I still lean strongly left. Might have something to do with how hard NY has been hit and the feeling that Cuomo is taking care of us (while Trump is doing severe gymnastics to try to cover his ass, while sneaking in revenge firings that nobody is really covering), that I still have a job and am back to working full time (and even got a raise last week). I don't mind working from home at all, and wouldn't mind doing so even when the all-clear is sounded (I'm a home-body anyway).