• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what does that say about our culture?
Second place just makes you the last loser?

It's why LeBron will never be able to do enough to pass Jordan in some folks mind.

Jordan is Montana.

LeBron is Elway.

If he wins a few more, he can be Brady.

That's a very different debate.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm almost positive they said people couldn't bring a towel. Guess that means air drying if you want to swim lol

But yes here In Ohio the opiod epidemic has still killed more people this year than covid. I've been absolutely immersed in this covid deal and have been to this point a big believer in the lockdown but the economy simply cannot sustain much more of this

The SBA is gone already. We face record unemployment

We will start seeing rolling effects of this that will ripple for years to come. And if something can be opened relatively safely it should be open.

I'm not going to waste time telling them how to police the beach but they should police the beach obviously

(The opioid part is irrelevant. Opioid addiction is not transmissible)

The economy is going to suffer regardless. The virus itself is what causes the disruption, not the decision to lock everything down. Locking everything down keeps people safer and gives you the chance to manage things to keep it under control but yes, people are out of work and there's disruptions. With no lockdown, there's wider spread, more sickness and more death which leads to the same disruptions in economic activity (more deaths, more resources devoted to medical, more people out sick, more people less likely to venture out and buy things because there's way more people sick and dying). Economic activity will suffer regardless. So it literally becomes a binary choice of do you want to take the avenue that results in less sickness and death or not. And opening up too soon, especially without proper testing available and containment plans is essentially the same path as never having a lockdown to begin with. You're basically hitting reset and having to start all over again.

Plus, all economies are linked globally. Even if the US (foolishly) decided to open up tomorrow, the rest of the world is still in some sort of lockdown and not doing business as it once was. It wouldn't just magically go back to normal because the US decided it wanted it to.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First sentence was true

MJ is like 27 years older than me, a smoker and drinker. I would get open for a sec...I am fast and slippery
The bet was in his prime you nitwit.

And you're only fast and slippery in bed. Your girl told me so.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

The economy is going to suffer regardless. The virus itself is what causes the disruption, not the decision to lock everything down. Locking everything down keeps people safer and gives you the chance to manage things to keep it under control but yes, people are out of work and there's disruptions. With no lockdown, there's wider spread, more sickness and more death which leads to the same disruptions in economic activity (more deaths, more resources devoted to medical, more people out sick, more people less likely to venture out and buy things because there's way more people sick and dying). Economic activity will suffer regardless. So it literally becomes a binary choice of do you want to take the avenue that results in less sickness and death or not. And opening up too soon, especially without proper testing available and containment plans is essentially the same path as never having a lockdown to begin with. You're basically hitting reset and having to start all over again.

Plus, all economies are linked globally. Even if the US (foolishly) decided to open up tomorrow, the rest of the world is still in some sort of lockdown and not doing business as it once was. It wouldn't just magically go back to normal because the US decided it wanted it to.
It's not binary. The whole world is starting to gradually open back up, with precautions, as they should.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Small businesses by in large have virtually no link to the global economy

Again I have been a big proponent of the shut down to this point but extending much past May would spell doom for many small businesses.

I'm confused though. If the idea is to avoid death why is the opiod epidemic irrelevant

But again this isn't about avoiding death its about mitigating the problem to sustain the health care infrastructure.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again I have been a big proponent of the shut down to this point but extending much past May would spell doom for many small businesses.

I'm confused though. If the idea is to avoid death why is the opiod epidemic irrelevant

But again this isn't about avoiding death its about mitigating the problem to sustain the health care infrastructure.

Opioid addiction is not transmissible. Don't be dense. People bringing up other things that cause death in comparison to covid-19 is a false equivalency.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

It's not binary. The whole world is starting to gradually open back up, with precautions, as they should.

It is binary. And the ones opening back up are the ones that took the strictest precautions. The ones that didn't at the start, like Italy, quickly realized their error and went the other way.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, technically speaking, they are.

The goal is to win the Super Bowl. They had 4 shots and failed 4 times.

Managing to win the AFC Championship 4 straight times is an amazing accomplishment and I agree that they should be given more credit for that than they are...

But end of the day, they failed to complete the job 4 straight times.

Nobody else has made 4 straight Super Bowls. HUGE accomplishment. Just so happens all the elite teams were in the NFC at that time, at least after they lost the 1st one by a missed FG.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second place just makes you the last loser?

It's why LeBron will never be able to do enough to pass Jordan in some folks mind.

Jordan is Montana.

LeBron is Elway.

If he wins a few more, he can be Brady.

That's a very different debate.

That's not part of it in my mind. Jordan was a cold-blooded killer and unstoppable, so he's #1 in my opinion. Can't compare him to the guys I haven't seen in their primes though.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Opiods shouldn't be irrelevant, they're just a different conversation. And many (supposedly) straight-laced righties will tell you junkies deserve their fate, ignoring how this huge problem started and was fed by deregulation and a wealthy family pushing their legal opiates through manipulated doctors onto patients that didn't need them. This country needs to become a preventative care model instead of a treatment by drugs model in terms of health care.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opioid addiction is not transmissible. Don't be dense. People bringing up other things that cause death in comparison to covid-19 is a false equivalency.

You're missing my point. The more you shut people inside and take away their livelihood the more likely you see an uptick in alcoholism, opiod and drug abuse and depression/suicide.

So take Ohio that has had 400 deaths to Covid thus far...and again totally agree that number is thanks to SD and mitigation, what's the cost benefit analysis look like for shutting the economy down for let's say....three more months if we save....2000 lives? What if we lose 1000 more because of the above? A 1000 lives is a horrible thing regardless but this is our economy.

Take Vegas... it's forecasted that's 43.3 BILLION in economic loss to the country. That's with a B not an M.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is binary. And the ones opening back up are the ones that took the strictest precautions. The ones that didn't at the start, like Italy, quickly realized their error and went the other way.
I mean it's not binary between shut everything down for a year and open everything up right now just like it was before. Some things are going to gradually open up, with precautions, in all countries including the US. It's happening right now.