• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some might argue nothing is about equals to having Clarkson and Nance. :D

Sexton is alright, though... he's the real value that anyone could point to... although the jury is still out on his ceiling.
I saw the smiley and get somewhat tongue-in-cheek...though had to laugh you'd make that comment as often as you prop up Baynes and now Theis.

Clarkson and Nance are both, at worse, solid role players on a good team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who holds the title worst owner in sports?

A- James Dolan
B- Dan Snyder

Jimmy Haslam's usually in the running but somehow those two seem to be even worse.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Knicks continue to be...well...

the Knicks.

I think the Brickabockers will continue to be who they are & have been for most of this century as long as Dolan owns the team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sexton is alright, though... he's the real value that anyone could point to... although the jury is still out on his ceiling.

Clarkson is a nice scorer off the bench, he has his times though somewhat inefficent but the real value with him is what the Cavs can get for him at the deadline...so really the string keeps running along. Get another 1st for him and add that to the mix.

Nance turned out being a sweetner in the deal. He is on a great contract, his role is a bench player and he has expanded his offensive game past the 3 point line.

Yep, Sexton's ceiling is still questionable but the steps he has taken in just a little over a half a year has been great. 40% 3 point shooter, explosive in transition, becoming a pesky defender this season. He just needs to find ways to make his impact even though his lack of size is an issue...so far he is doing those things and making progression.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the smiley and get somewhat tongue-in-cheek...though had to laugh you'd make that comment as often as you prop up Baynes and now Theis.
Baynes is kicking arse in the desert... his value speaks for itself, I'll let his play do the talking.

Theis I never talked up beyond being a guy that can fill a role without bringing a team down.
dtgold88 said:
Clarkson and Nance are both, at worse, solid role players on a good team.
lol... we'll have to agree to disagree.

Neither affects the game in any way that raises a team up. When it comes to role players, they're like the opposite of a Baynes.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a Haslem story...

I went to UGA, and at a Georgia/Florida home game I was among a gaggle of Dawg fans heckling the Florida players during their pregame warm-ups...

Someone in the crowd yelled something off-color about Haslem's mom or sister or something (I can't recall)... and Haslem took a basketball and rifled it into the fan seats. Dude was pissed!

The crowd started throwing all kinds of crap at the players... cups and what-not. Billy Donovan had to run in and get Haslem and his team off the floor... they didn't come back out until just before tip off.

Good times.

Haha....best story I have from OSU bball games (outside of the actual play) was sitting 4 rows up from center court. Purdue had some kid named Cornelius, so of course college kids have to make fun of him. Screaming "put in Cornelius" the entire game.

Finally, Gene Keady looks at us (with the kid right by him) and yells back, "why....he ain't worth a shit?"

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who holds the title worst owner in sports?

A- James Dolan
B- Dan Snyder

Jimmy Haslam's usually in the running but somehow those two seem to be even worse.

I don't know if it's legally possible, but I think an owner should be able to be removed or at least made to go sit in the corner if they continuously are making horrible moves that keep the team from being competitive.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a Haslem story...

I went to UGA, and at a Georgia/Florida home game I was among a gaggle of Dawg fans heckling the Florida players during their pregame warm-ups...

Someone in the crowd yelled something off-color about Haslem's mom or sister or something (I can't recall)... and Haslem took a basketball and rifled it into the fan seats. Dude was pissed!

The crowd started throwing all kinds of crap at the players... cups and what-not. Billy Donovan had to run in and get Haslem and his team off the floor... they didn't come back out until just before tip off.

Good times.

UD is about that life

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baynes is kicking arse in the desert... his value speaks for itself, I'll let his play do the talking.

Theis I never talked up beyond being a guy that can fill a role without bringing a team down.

Neither affects the game in any way that raises a team up. When it comes to role players, they're like the opposite of a Baynes.
It is so funny you make those comments but wont say anything negative regarding Theis who would have to improve to be a JAG.

Baynes has had a nice start this season but has never been better than JAG.

You get Clarkson and Nance are 27 while Baynes is 33? That when it comes to PER, even though it should favor a Big like Baynes his career is at 14.4, while Nance is 17.1 and Clarkson is 15.4?

Through his age 32 season, Baynes has never been above 7 ppg or 6 rpg? Nance has already had 6 and 5 such seasons. Clarkson has been all rookie, in contention for 6th MOY and has averaged nearly 15 ppg.

were you being serious?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Baynes has turned into not only a starter but a quality starter. Surprised me honestly, picked him up on my fantasy team as well lol

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is so funny you make those comments but wont say anything negative regarding Theis who would have to improve to be a JAG.

Baynes has had a nice start this season but has never been better than JAG.

You get Clarkson and Nance are 27 while Baynes is 33? That when it comes to PER, even though it should favor a Big like Baynes his career is at 14.4, while Nance is 17.1 and Clarkson is 15.4?

Through his age 32 season, Baynes has never been above 7 ppg or 6 rpg? Nance has already had 6 and 5 such seasons. Clarkson has been all rookie, in contention for 6th MOY and has averaged nearly 15 ppg.

were you being serious?
I'm totally serious.

Your failure to appreciate Baynes has always been comical.

Only someone who doesn't really know basketball with any degree of depth would compare Baynes and Nance on the basis of surface stats and conclude with a straight face that they are basically the same.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nance would be the Celtics best big man. lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm totally serious.

Your failure to appreciate Baynes has always been comical.

Only someone who doesn't really know basketball with any degree of depth would compare Baynes and Nance on the basis of surface stats and conclude with a straight face that they are basically the same.
Not sure what's more comical, though......might be calling PER a "surface stat".... maybe it's dismissing the surface stats out of hand. .....Or it could be this - He's so important that with a dearth of big men, his own team did not keep him and went with Theis at center.

All he could get was a 1-year deal for the midlevel.

Nance received a 4 year deal, and I haven't heard anyone say it was a bad deal for the Cavs.

Facts

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nance would be the Celtics best big man. lol
I like Gman and enjoy the comments he brings, but for whatever reason he loses all ability to be rational when Baynes and now Theis are brought up.