• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guilty as charged when it comes to Baynes... if valuing him is wrong, then I don't want to be right. :D

Never talked up Theis beyond arguing he is good enough to fill a role on the Celtics without bringing the team down. Been right about that so far.
Baynes would barely even be playing if not for Ayton's suspension.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Nance would be a great fit with Phoenix....team-first big man that can guard the perimeter, pass, run the floor, finish at the rim.

Clarkson not so much- the last thing they need is another playmaker/scorer

but nance would be an amazing fit there.
Maybe... but that wasn't really my point...

I wasn't talking about Nance by himself there... I was talking if it was a choice between Baynes and a guy like Nance, Phoenix really needed a Baynes.

The overall context being that even if Baynes and Nance are similar in terms of stats, Baynes is the better NBA player...

... both are role players, but Baynes brings a team up... Nance isn't a bad player per se, but I don't think the same can be said about him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
especially since Nance has really been working his ass off to develop a 3 pt shot. They arent letting him go totally loose with it yet but its getting there.

The guy is just what you want out of a modern big--- he can run the floor, flash out and guard the perimeter, block shots, pass, and is as big a team-first guy as there is in the entire league.

one of the assistant coaches said that Nance Jr. is the only guy he knew in the entire league who's first thought was always about "what can i do for the team" at the expense of himself.

One of the reasons why TT could be traded is that Nance Jr. coudl very ably step into that role------ and if he can consistently hit 35%+ from 3 pt land- look out.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe... but that wasn't really my point...

I wasn't talking about Nance by himself there... I was talking if it was a choice between Baynes and a guy like Nance, Phoenix really needed a Baynes.

The overall context being that even if Baynes and Nance are similar in terms of stats, Baynes is the better NBA player...

... both are role players, but Baynes brings a team up... Nance isn't a bad player per se, but I don't think the same can be said about him.
I just dont really see much upside in a 33 year old journeyman who is a below average rebounder and has never been able to crack 20 minutes a night in his entire career before this year (and only because of Ayton's suspenison).

I think he is fine in a role as a bench big to bring in and have some toughness and defense off the bench but he is a guy that has bounced around and can give you 20 minutes off the bench in the front court.

Nance is a guy who actually has some attractive NBA talent to be more than a journeyman- eespecally in today's NBA where his skill set is a very nice fit-- ESPECIALLY if he can continue to add a 3 pt shot to his game.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i couldnt imagine any coach choosing Aaron Baynes over Larry Nance Jr.

Baynes is a savy bench vet that has been able to carve himself out an NBA career despite not having much in the way of talent.

Larry Nance Jr. is a crazy good athlete with a skill set right out of a GM's wish-list in the modern NBA.

the Cavs had to give up a first round pick in that deal even though they were helping the Lakers clear salary for a 2nd max player because the lakers loved Nance Jr.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i couldnt imagine any coach choosing Aaron Baynes over Larry Nance Jr.

Baynes is a savy bench vet that has been able to carve himself out an NBA career despite not having much in the way of talent.

Larry Nance Jr. is a crazy good athlete with a skill set right out of a GM's wish-list in the modern NBA.

the Cavs had to give up a first round pick in that deal even though they were helping the Lakers clear salary for a 2nd max player because the lakers loved Nance Jr.
^ Crazy Talk.

Any team competing for a title this year would rather have Baynes as a big.

Nance is younger, so of course a team not as concerned about winning this year might favor him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Crazy Talk.

Any team competing for a title this year would rather have Baynes as a big.

Nance is younger, so of course a team not as concerned about winning this year might favor him.
the guy has had a good start - thats for sure, but hes gonna be 33 in less than a month and is a career journeyman 4th big.

if not for Ayton's suspension hed be playing his usual role of 12-18 minutes a night- which he will go right back to once Ayton is back.

on top of that he is a well below average rebounder and shot blocker.

Ill give him credit for developing a nice crafty little offensive game this year (through 8 games) but to say he is not the focus of the defense is an understatement.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booker would cream in his pants to be running up and down the floor with Nance Jr.- and the pick and roll defense would be hugely improved.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the guy has had a good start - thats for sure, but hes gonna be 33 in less than a month and is a career journeyman 4th big.

if not for Ayton's suspension hed be playing his usual role of 12-18 minutes a night- which he will go right back to once Ayton is back.

on top of that he is a well below average rebounder and shot blocker.

Ill give him credit for developing a nice crafty little offensive game this year (through 8 games) but to say he is not the focus of the defense is an understatement.
Baynes main value has always been his team defense and toughness.

Anyone with eyes to see should understand.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now Theiss is just gross.

36.8% from the floor as a center? 3.1 personal fouls in 21.7 minutes per game? its like he is allergic to PER.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baynes main value has always been his team defense and toughness.

Anyone with eyes to see should understand.
he has below average agility, he is a below average rebounder and is a below average shot blocker

its why he has never averaged 20 minutes a game in his career and will be 33 next month.

shit hes only averaged over 16 minutes a game once in his career.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has below average agility, he is a below average rebounder and is a below average shot blocker
And yet, what I said is true.

I would have no problem agreeing that Baynes is a bit of a riddle wrapped inside an enigma.

Dude just gets the job done.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would have no problem agreeing that Baynes is a bit of a riddle wrapped inside an enigma.

and thats why no one has ever played him 20 minutes a game and he will be 33 next month.

he is a journeyman that is enjoying a nice little run because the actual starter was suspended. Good for him at his age. He will keep getting those checks for another couple years if he keeps it up.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just let Skidmark blather on & on & on. He's still very upset that LeBron broke his heart for a second time. And always needs something to bitch about.

Baynes is obviously no superstar or even a starter. But he's been good enough to be in the league for 8 years.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your (lol) the one that turned in Chase Young arent you?!!! TRAITOR!!!!

So Skidmark how often do you walk around Cleveland yelling at all the locals that are Steelers fan? You ignorant clown.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Skidmark how often do you walk around Cleveland yelling at all the locals that are Steelers fan? You ignorant clown.
lol...what did the NCAA give you judas? 30 tickets to the Final 4? lol...............thats bad juju being a traitor like that......bad juju.