• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my question mark about them going into the season.

Is Siakam as good as he looked last season? Or was he a product of all of the attention teams had to give Kawhi?

It's still early, but so far, he's actually better than he looked last season.
Dude, I remember asking last Season who'd you rather...

Siakam or Jeremy Grant, former Thunder player.

Ummm, errrrr...lol

My Goodness.

Siakam is most definitely looking like he's worth the investment.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- there is no question. The Cavs comeback was the greatest comeback in the history of the NBA. They did it against the team that has the all-time regular season wins record, they were down 3-1, all the pressure of Cleveland's ghosts of the past were on their backs. It was ridiculous. Especially how they won it--

you have the Cavs Big 3 each making all-time plays. LeBron with the greatest play of his career- the play that will be the hammer in every montage that is ever done of him--- jordan has "the shot"------ all you have to say is "the Block"- and you know exactly what it was - who did it- who it was against. It was the greatest play of LeBron's career bar-none.

On top of that you have Kyrie hitting one of, if not the biggest shot in the history of the NBA. A 3 pointer to put his team up in the closing of Game 7 on the road to finish off the greatest comeback in NBA history.

ON top of THAT- you have Kevin Love- torn down for his defensive work his entire career- taking on the 2 time reigning MVP- and absolutely shutting him down--- making him give the ball up---- and then brick a shot. Moving his feet like a freaking gazelle.
Cavs will definitely be more memorable to the masses, but I can agree a title is a title.

My contention was the absurdity of saying their run was the equivalent of our run.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and we got TWO of 'em here in the lovely city of Torrance lol...

trust me when i say those fools STAY busy...
They just opened a White Castle out here.

4 hour wait and they have to close early everyday because they sellout by lunch.

Shits not even that good.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think those fuckers use a touch of coke in their icing.

They probably substituting the powder sugar with blow to keep us coming back.

It's working.

Yep, main ingredient, magic dust mixed with powder sugar. If you get more than one it's almost impossible to just eat one

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly...

If you're gonna splurge why go half-assed...?

A very serious question.

What happens first? A- the Cavs return to the playoffs. B- the Globetrotters lose a game

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think its a decision they make around the trade deadline. If what we have seen thus far is not fool's gold- and that the defense is improved and that they can make a run for the playoffs and feel that their young talent is good enough with 2 high lotto picks in Sexton and Garland and other first rounders in Porter and Windler and just sigining Osman and Nance-- and Love etc.......then-- if they are in position and its realistic I would say go for it.

If this is a mirage and they are really the defensive team we all expected them to be-- then at the trade deadline move the expiring contracts, give the young guys tons of PT and start pulling back the minutes of the vets.

the crucial thing is- this is not just about pick position- but whether they keep the pick at all. If its on the border- i would prefer they work to keep the pick- but if its clear that they have something with a great coaching hire in Beilein, and the young guys develop fast and Love and Thompson keep playing like they are playing- you cant cut the young guys legs out from under them and kill the vets hopes of making a run to make the playoffs.

its tough - it really is- especially because i have faith in this front office's drafting abilities. I really like the Sexton and Garland and Porter and Windler picks---- and they so badly need a young stud wing player.
Agree.....As the question was asked, if we are on the bubble what to do then might as well go for it as we likely lose the pick either way.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wonder what their plan is for TT. If they know they are gonna deal him he is definitely helping them out. If they want to sign him if he keeps this up he certainly wont come cheap.
if he keeps playing like this they will have to keep himi and pay him. he is still relatively young- only 28

and when you think about it--- the dude has lottery pedigree. He brings a lot to the table

Thompson

1. Is a great teammate and leader
2. Has a great work ethic and leads by example

They need those things. And really- Love/TT/Nance is a 4/5 combo that you can win with in the NBA.

If Thompson can keep up what he is doing even relatively similar---- i mean- instead of settling in at 20 and 12- if he is at 15 and 10 that is still excellent

especially considering he is barely turning the ball over, and is looks to have improved his passing as well. Not only that- but he just made his first 3 pointer the other day. If he gets the green-light and can add that to his game - all of a sudden his value could explode.

on the other hand- he keeps playing like this- someone is going to call the Cavs about putting him on their team to help win a title.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he keeps playing like this they will have to keep himi and pay him. he is still relatively young- only 28

and when you think about it--- the dude has lottery pedigree. He brings a lot to the table

Thompson

1. Is a great teammate and leader
2. Has a great work ethic and leads by example

They need those things. And really- Love/TT/Nance is a 4/5 combo that you can win with in the NBA.

If Thompson can keep up what he is doing even relatively similar---- i mean- instead of settling in at 20 and 12- if he is at 15 and 10 that is still excellent

especially considering he is barely turning the ball over, and is looks to have improved his passing as well. Not only that- but he just made his first 3 pointer the other day. If he gets the green-light and can add that to his game - all of a sudden his value could explode.

on the other hand- he keeps playing like this- someone is going to call the Cavs about putting him on their team to help win a title.

Add in Zizic, who is hurt at the moment, all offseason all I have heard is how much he has improved so that gives them more depth behind TT as well. We will see about him.

TT has vastly improved his inside game, like dramatically, kinda crazy, bc just a couple years ago there were games he would grab the off rebound and immediately kick the ball out to reset the halfcourt offense. He is looking to attack and score now.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really wish the Lakers had something to offer them. Even the possible trade that you mentioned a little while back seems like it could/would be beaten by someone.

Dwight and JaVale are doing fine (so far). But neither of them can defend much outside the paint. TT can.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just opened a White Castle out here.

4 hour wait and they have to close early everyday because they sellout by lunch.

Shits not even that good.

They are when you're drunk. lol

A few years ago I was in Ohio for a thing for work. We were all in the hotel bar drinking and one of the locals decided to do a White Castle run (I'd never heard of them).

They brought back like a suitcase of them and those little fuckers were devoured in minutes.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add in Zizic, who is hurt at the moment, all offseason all I have heard is how much he has improved so that gives them more depth behind TT as well. We will see about him.

TT has vastly improved his inside game, like dramatically, kinda crazy, bc just a couple years ago there were games he would grab the off rebound and immediately kick the ball out to reset the halfcourt offense. He is looking to attack and score now.
for sure.

and in fairness to TT- when you have guys like Kyrie and LeBron- 2 of the best scorers in the NBA- you are going to kick the ball out. When you have 3 pt shooters like Kyle Korver, etc.....

This is pretty much the first time in Thompson's career he is giving the opportunity to play a significant role. His first two years in the league he was a double double type guy- but then LeBron got there. Last year he was beat up (prob from 4 straight years of deep playoff runs)

This year he is healthy, in shape, playing in a great system for him with a very good coach, and he is really taking his responsibility as a team leader seriously.

It will be fun to see what he can do in that kind of environment- especially if the Cavs are anything close to the team they were last year when Love played more than 15 minutes a game (they were 7-9).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really wish the Lakers had something to offer them. Even the possible trade that you mentioned a little while back seems like it could/would be beaten by someone.

Dwight and JaVale are doing fine (so far). But neither of them can defend much outside the paint. TT can.

Yeah I'm not sure there is much of a chance with the Laker salaries...plus if he keeps playing this way the Cavs are going to ask for quite a bit imo. They only shop him if they are around that top 10 pick though by the trade deadline imo, which is definitely possible.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are when you're drunk. lol

A few years ago I was in Ohio for a thing for work. We were all in the hotel bar drinking and one of the locals decided to do a White Castle run (I'd never heard of them).

They brought back like a suitcase of them and those little fuckers were devoured in minutes.
We buy the frozen ones from the grocery store.

Imagine my dismay when I realised they taste exactly the same as the real ones.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know that Siakam was going to be......this?

Holy Shit.

This is like Greek Freakish like jumps in skills, production.

He is really good.

The steps he has taken the last few years is incredible.
Considering he didnt start playing basketball until he was 16

He is so long and athletic . And if he keeps hitting the 3 he is unguardable.

Sky is the limit for this young man.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, now you gonna make me start this Shit again....

5 Guys, Red Robin, Fudruckers----------->Shitty Shake Shack, wack ass In and Out.

:comeatmebro:

I've never eaten at any of those places you mentioned.