• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i would have thought it would be appreciated

all people do is bitch about that convo being on the main thread- and then i create a thread so its NOT on the main thread and its deleted. lol makes no fucking sense.
I got nothing. Was it combined with last year's TT vs. whiteside poll?

@trojanfan12 ? Any idea?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i would have thought it would be appreciated

all people do is bitch about that convo being on the main thread- and then i create a thread so its NOT on the main thread and its deleted. lol makes no fucking sense.

It's in Fouled Out with the other shit threads.

That shit starts up in this thread again and some folks won't be posting in it.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, it was more the Cavs run vs. Toronto's "run" which included their title last season
That's a different argument.

If it's just the Championship year, it's still Cavs.

There are no asterisks.

If there were, both teams would get one.

You beat a 73 win team, broke the curse.

But, that Draymond suspension will always be seen as a obstacle to getting full credit, even though you beat them 2 games after he returned.

The Raptors beat Curry and Draymond. Klay was there for a few games. But, people who want to dismiss them will use that as a way to devalue them.

I'm not one of them.

The biggest thing though is the LeBron factor.

Kawhi is the better player right now.

But, LeBron is the face of the NBA.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's in Fouled Out with the other shit threads.

That shit starts up in this thread again and some folks won't be posting in it.
thats whyi created another thread that instantly had multiple posters and multiple pages---- more so than any ancillary thread that has been created in a while.

Apparently you dont like eye balls on teh site. lol

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my question mark about them going into the season.

Is Siakam as good as he looked last season? Or was he a product of all of the attention teams had to give Kawhi?

It's still early, but so far, he's actually better than he looked last season.

gotta give the guy props. he's looked damn good this season...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a different argument.

If it's just the Championship year, it's still Cavs.

There are no asterisks.

If there were, both teams would get one.

You beat a 73 win team, broke the curse.

But, that Draymond suspension will always be seen as a obstacle to getting full credit, even though you beat them 2 games after he returned.

The Raptors beat Curry and Draymond.

The biggest thing though is the LeBron factor.

Kawhi is the better player right now.

But, LeBron is the face of the NBA.
who are the championship or bust teams this year?

my list:

Clippers
Lakers
Bucks
Sixers

by far #1 is the Lakers considering LeBron's age and that they gave up so many assets for the future for Davis.

behind that is the Clips- since they gave up a ton of assets for George and Kawhi and Kawhi can opt out in a couple years

after that I would say the Bucks since they need to show Giannis they can win big- but he is still a couple years away from FA.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats whyi created another thread that instantly had multiple posters and multiple pages---- more so than any ancillary thread that has been created in a while.

Apparently you dont like eye balls on teh site. lol

It's a bullshit thread and is where it belongs. Folks can argue that shit in there all they want.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

my list:

Clippers
Lakers
Bucks
Sixers

by far #1 is the Lakers considering LeBron's age and that they gave up so many assets for the future for Davis.

behind that is the Clips- since they gave up a ton of assets for George and Kawhi and Kawhi can opt out in a couple years

after that I would say the Bucks since they need to show Giannis they can win big- but he is still a couple years away from FA.

Add Rockets to the list for sure. The Warrior super team is finally gone, while other teams have emerged, Houston is without a doubt ship or bust

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Krispy Kreme?

I rarely eat doughnuts and I am fine with eating one from somewhere other than KK but there is no point in cheating if you don't get them from Krispy Kreme. They are on a whole different level

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am kinda worried with the Cavs having 2 wins already.....lol.......they g otta keep that pick.....

freaking Thompson 11/19 23 points, 10 boards and 5 blocks. only 1 turnover and 2 assists.

the Cavs are definitely lacking on wing players- which is the most important position in todays NBA----- but there is no doubt they have a legitimate NBA front court in Love, Thompson and Nance.
wonder what their plan is for TT. If they know they are gonna deal him he is definitely helping them out. If they want to sign him if he keeps this up he certainly wont come cheap.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

my list:

Clippers
Lakers
Bucks
Sixers

Looks about right.

Philly would have been #1 on my list if the Clippers and Lakers windows weren't so small due to age.

The Bucks and Sixers have more than half a decade of time before their main guys are really in their prime.

Fucking scary.

If I'm being honest, the Clippers better do their best to win this year.

We don't know what Brooklyn will be with Durant.

But, even with Kyrie's fuckery, the prospect is kinda frightening.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rarely eat doughnuts and I am fine with eating one from somewhere other than KK but there is no point in cheating if you don't get them from Krispy Kreme. They are on a whole different level
I think those fuckers use a touch of coke in their icing.

They probably substituting the powder sugar with blow to keep us coming back.

It's working.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks about right.

Philly would have been #1 on my list if the Clippers and Lakers windows weren't so small due to age.

The Bucks and Sixers have more than half a decade of time before their main guys are really in their prime.

Fucking scary.

ehh.....yah....but think about Durant....not like he is getting any younger, and he will be coming off the worst injury a basketball player can sustain. he has some major miles on him.

Id take a Kawhi/George combo before I took a Durant/Kyrie combo- esp. since Kyrie has his own injury issues too.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

my list:

Clippers
Lakers
Bucks
Sixers

Agree with your list.

I'd add that AD will be an FA after this season too. I don't think he'll leave if they don't win a title. But if shit goes sideways I'll bet he will.

The Clips have a couple of seasons with Kawhi and PG, so yeah, they'd be #2. Both are younger than Lebron and won't be FA's until after next season.

I'd put the Sixers 3rd. Sooner or later, The Process has to at least get to the finals to be considered truly successful.

Agree that the Bucks look like they're on the clock with Giannis. So maybe it's a tie for 3rd?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks about right.

Fucking scary.

Sixers have such a big window considering Embiid, Simmons and Harris are all young and are all signed up for like the next half decade. lol.......they should be good for the foreseeable future.

Richardson actually has what? at least 2- if not 3 years left on his deal too.

Sixers are prob the only high level team that should more or less be very stable for the next few years.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are on the playoff bubble, which would you prefer?
Going all out for the low seed?
Tank for the pick?
And if they tank, would you be ok if they do it by any means necessary? (sit key players, load management, etc.)

The trick is how do you get your younger players experience, but have the team lose.
This could be a key year for your 'process'.
As a Sixers fan, if we didn't have any realistic shot at winning it all, we kind of become conditioned to go for the best possible draft pick.

Just curious how you see it.
As someone who watches most of their games, it certainly makes it more exciting when you hope they win and playoffs are in reach (and even when tank is obvious I can never watch and openly cheer against them).

Really tough call as the playoff experience would sure be good for the young guys as you alluded. As I said, definitely more exciting to make a run for playoffs. I guess if they are a borderline team might as well make a run for it as they'd probably lose their pick either way.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think those fuckers use a touch of coke in their icing.

They probably substituting the powder sugar with blow to keep us coming back.

It's working.

and we got TWO of 'em here in the lovely city of Torrance lol...

trust me when i say those fools STAY busy...