• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, that's the Clippers reality, so can't use that as an excuse.

He and George will miss a ton of games.

Next man up.
Doesn't mean it will happen with the Clips but they did win a ton of games I think when he was out last year. Probably will this year, too, once PG comes back.

I know.....still kind of an excuse but is what it is.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh....

I'm seriously done. Please stop making me defend the fucking Cavs.

It's almost as bad as defending anything Laker related.

I gotta my own problems.

:gaah:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't mean it will happen with the Clips but they did win a ton of games I think when he was out last year. Probably will this year, too, once PG comes back.

I know.....still kind of an excuse but is what it is.
you see this article on Thompon's great start?

Cleveland Cavaliers getting the best version of Tristan Thompson

It was early October, one of the first few days of training camp, when John Beilein issued a challenge after a long practice.

An infamous Beilein conditioning test was set, his way to gauge which players are in shape and who needs to crank it up. The newbie NBA coach doesn’t like to use the term “suicides,” but that’s how these are known in the basketball community. Only Beilein’s have a slight twist. And few players pass.

It starts with a 30-second sprint. Then a 30-second rest. As soon as the buzzer sounds, it’s time to run another 30-second sprint. Another rest. And then one final 30-second dash.

“If you’re not in shape, you can’t make it,” Beilein told cleveland.com in the locker room following Wednesday night’s 117-111 win against the Chicago Bulls.

No problem for center Tristan Thompson, who had a longer-than-usual off-season. Healthy and refreshed after missing nearly half of the 2018-19 season, Thompson arrived in Cleveland with a positive attitude. And a purpose.

“He came in incredible shape, from the very beginning,” Beilein boasted about Thompson. “I said, ‘He’s not going to make this.’ And he made it the first time. He has a great attitude about being a team leader. When you care so deeply about your team, you’ll find some extras a lot of times to really grow yourself in that. The more you give to others, the more you are going to get.”

“Obviously missing all those games last year definitely pissed me off,” he said. “I never experienced that in my entire career. I accepted a challenge to really take care of my body and kind of changed some of the habits I was doing in the past and so far, knock on wood, it’s paying off.”

Thompson’s been a force -- at both ends. In his contract year, he’s given the organization more than they could have ever envisioned, both on and off the floor, and already has them contemplating whether he should be become a priority re-signing this coming summer instead of a trade chip at the deadline.

Defense has always been synonymous with Thompson. The Cavs deployed his switchability against the Golden State Warriors in the 2016 NBA Finals. Same with rebounding, as he’s typically one of the NBA’s leaders in creating second-chance points.

In Wednesday’s win, Thompson rejected a career-high five shots, including four in the fourth quarter, single-handedly (on defense anyway) impeding Chicago’s comeback hopes.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh....

I gotta my own problems.

meh, it's all about THIS season anyways...

and so far, this has been a fun one...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apple's and oranges.

Kelly was not LeBron.

Kelly didn't go to 9 straight Finals.

Kelly didn't beat a 16 win team for a chip.

The Raptors are the Bills.

The Cavs are more like....The Elway Broncos.

Like it or not, the Cavs run is historical because it will always be Lebron's Mt. Everest.

The Raps won too.

But, after LeBron left.

So, no...

They were not on the Cavs level.

Yeah, NFL titles are more about the team and NBA titles are more about the star.

Bird's Celtics, Jordan's Bulls, Shaq/Kobe Lakers, Kobe's Lakers, Lebron's Cavs, Steph's Warriors, Kawhi's Raptors.

Even titles that seem like team titles. They were called the Showtime Lakers, but everyone knew it was about Magic and Kareem.

Lebron is the bigger name, so his title is considered to carry more weight.

I don't really agree with it. But in a sport where 1 player can be the difference between a title run and lottery balls...it's hard to avoid.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue with the 2015-18 Cavs whatsoever. But they’ll be nothing more than a mere side note in NBA history.

The 90s Rockets are hardly remembered and they won more than the Cavs. Or are people going to say the Cavs are more successful because they have one more finals appearance?

But yes I’m with you, agree to disagree.
Fabulous. But we are talking in the present and in the present no rational person could think the Toronto run is on par with the Cavs.

And the 90s Rockets get their share of mentions.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, that's the Clippers reality, so can't use that as an excuse.

He and George will miss a ton of games.

Next man up.

Raps went 19-5 on load management games.

Will be interesting to see how well the Clips do.

Of course having no Paul is another story but home court could determine things in the playoffs

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh....

I gotta my own problems.

Definitely 1000% TITLE OR BUST for the Lakers. You fire your coach, and trade tons of picks, etc. etc. etc. without it being title or bust.

anything less than a title for this Lakers team will be a unmitigated failure.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, NFL titles are more about the team and NBA titles are more about the star.

Bird's Celtics, Jordan's Bulls, Shaq/Kobe Lakers, Kobe's Lakers, Lebron's Cavs, Steph's Warriors, Kawhi's Raptors.

Even titles that seem like team titles. They were called the Showtime Lakers, but everyone knew it was about Magic and Kareem.

I don't really agree with it. But in a sport where 1 player can be the difference between a title run and lottery balls...it's hard to avoid.

Bradys patriots?

Sorry I dont buy this one

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raps went 19-5 on load management games.

Will be interesting to see how well the Clips do.

Of course having no Paul is another story but home court could determine things in the playoffs
and of course by Paul I mean George LOL

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

agree with what you said but wasn't really the debate...was whether the Raptors and their 1 title were on par with the cavs and their 1, while playing for 3 others and knocking out Toronto 3 times.

Seems absurd to me, but yeah everyone is entitled to their opinion...even if it's wrong (sorry @msgkings322 , do I need to cite you?).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was definitely a fun one....crowd really into it. Loved seeing Love hop off the bench going nuts to support his teammates.

Young guys stepped up and made some big plays late: Porter, Garland and Sexton. I think it is clear, with Garland getting pretty high minutes, these two young undersized guards aren't going anywhere and the way TT is playing he isn't either.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said Lakers fans are logical? lol

Logically speaking, I think most Lakers fans know deep down that a team can have a successful season without winning a title.

Technically speaking, if a team, especially a young team, wins more games one season than they did the previous season, that improvement makes for a successful season.

Or a team like your Clippers from last year. That team wasn't expected to do much and made moves that made it look like they had decided to tank.

Then they went out and won 48 games. Hard to say that wasn't a successful season.

But Lakers fans have been spoiled, so the expectation is a title, even when, logically, we know it isn't possible.
Yeah, I just find it odd.

Like, I hate y'all.

But, I can put that to the side long enough to have a rational discussion....lol

Don't get me wrong, any realistic chance I see to pick another team/ player over one of yours, I'm all over it.

*See Duncan vs. Kobe

But, this isn't that.

Saying Toronto's run is equivalent to the Cavs is more like saying the Dream Rockets were equivalent to the Jordan Bulls.

How can you say that when you couldn't win your title until Jordan and LeBron were gone?

Could they have beaten LeBron with Kawhi?

Very possible.

But, they didn't.

So, how was their run the same?

They had zero titles in the Cavs hayday.

So, if it's just about the rings, Cavs 1 Raps 0.