• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting hungry.

No Way What GIF

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure this is the same situation entirely, but I recall when the cavs were supposedly getting him for Love I was a little leery. sure, overall PG maybe a better player but what does he offer that Lebron didn't? and in this case, what did he provide that Kawhi didn't. wonder if that was more the issue.

Of course, no PG and probably no Kawhi. Maybe this is why some of the greats do not make the best GMs? Kawhi and the Clips might have been better off with SGA, Galinari and not losing all those picks.

If I remember correctly there were instances the Cavs almost traded Love and then almost traded Kyrie, both were offers for Paul George...could be wrong.

This is the Love one. Sounds like Indiana hesitated on this after almost doing it:

According to a report by Windhorst, Ramona Shelburne and Dave McMenamin, the Cavaliers, Pacers and Denver Nuggets discussed a trade that would have sent Love to Denver, George to Cleveland and assets including Gary Harris and the draft's 13th pick to Indiana.

This is the Kyrie one. Sounds like Gilbert underpaying Griffin and him leaving had a lot to do with this and if I remember correctly, Lebron wouldn't commit long-term (the Lebron one could have been a rumor). Also, the Suns didn't want to give up the 4th overall pick even though they would get Kyrie lol...

In the proposed scenario, the Cavaliers would have received Eric Bledsoe and Paul George, Kyrie Irving would have gotten shipped to the Suns along with Channing Frye, while the Pacers would have gotten Jared Dudley, Iman Shumpert, and Phoenix’s fourth overall draft pick.

Maybe Lebron not committing long-term after a potential PG deal meant he didn't trust Paul George. Probably a good thing, not sure the Cavs would win a title with Lebron, PG and Love but at the time it sounded pretty good imo.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly there were instances the Cavs almost traded Love and then almost traded Kyrie, both were offers for Paul George...could be wrong.

This is the Love one. Sounds like Indiana hesitated on this after almost doing it:

According to a report by Windhorst, Ramona Shelburne and Dave McMenamin, the Cavaliers, Pacers and Denver Nuggets discussed a trade that would have sent Love to Denver, George to Cleveland and assets including Gary Harris and the draft's 13th pick to Indiana.

This is the Kyrie one. Sounds like Gilbert underpaying Griffin and him leaving had a lot to do with this and if I remember correctly, Lebron wouldn't commit long-term (the Lebron one could have been a rumor). Also, the Suns didn't want to give up the 4th overall pick even though they would get Kyrie lol...

In the proposed scenario, the Cavaliers would have received Eric Bledsoe and Paul George, Kyrie Irving would have gotten shipped to the Suns along with Channing Frye, while the Pacers would have gotten Jared Dudley, Iman Shumpert, and Phoenix’s fourth overall draft pick.

Maybe Lebron not committing long-term after a potential PG deal meant he didn't trust Paul George. Probably a good thing, not sure the Cavs would win a title with Lebron, PG and Love but at the time it sounded pretty good imo.
Those were the rumors I knew of....guessing Griff turned it down as if Lebron goes, so does PG. and thinking Lebron not committing was just what he does....to put pressure on FO. Or in this case, as I suspect, he just wanted to go to LA.

Not sure what allegedly underpaying Griff had to do with any of this.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those were the rumors I knew of....guessing Griff turned it down as if Lebron goes, so does PG. and thinking Lebron not committing was just what he does....to put pressure on FO. Or in this case, as I suspect, he just wanted to go to LA.

Not sure what allegedly underpaying Griff had to do with any of this.
Yeah I'm not sure either but maybe Griffin wouldn't go through with the deal or something. Either way, KD + Steph + Klay was better regardless...it probably would have set the Cavs back further in the rebuilding process.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm not sure either but maybe Griffin wouldn't go through with the deal or something. Either way, KD + Steph + Klay was better regardless...it probably would have set the Cavs back further in the rebuilding process.
I do think Lebron, Bledsoe, Love and PG had a decent shot...but still would have picked the Durant-led Warriors if I had to pick someone. Never bought the idea Griff leaving was why it didn't get done. Deals got done after he left somehow, and there was nothing from stopping him from making the deal earlier while still in his role.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think Lebron, Bledsoe, Love and PG had a decent shot...but still would have picked the Durant-led Warriors if I had to pick someone. Never bought the idea Griff leaving was why it didn't get done. Deals got done after he left somehow, and there was nothing from stopping him from making the deal earlier while still in his role.

Yeah don't buy it either, that being said I wish they would have kept Griff. I thought he did a lot for the organization but I also like Altman, so it isn't as big of a loss as I thought at the time. Either way, they have to find a star or they will be like the Pacers, build a pretty good team but no shot at being a top dog. I would rather get a top 10 pick every year then knowing you have a good team but no real shot.

I heard rumors they could be shopping the #5 pick. I still don't think they do it but they are looking at their options. Lets just hope they get that star type of player out of this draft...just so hard to find.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jason Whitlock? Maybe Skip? Please let it be Whitlock. Fuck Jason Whitlock. So happy when ESPN fired his fatass. Use to change the channel every time he'd fill in on PTI

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Whitlock? Maybe Skip? Please let it be Whitlock. Fuck Jason Whitlock. So happy when ESPN fired his fatass. Use to change the channel every time he'd fill in on PTI

He said he got love for skip so think its whitlock

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully one day fans will realize when QBs are worthy of being taken high it's rare height will hurt them. Honestly, other than Manziel, I cannot think of another short QB projected to go near top of draft who failed.

Don't confuse this with my not understanding more big QBs are taken than small.....but big QBs fail all the time.

Manziel also failed for other reasons.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those aren’t realistic though. Bledsoe was pretty valuable back then.

Seems like both teams in this scenario would have been been getting bent over to make Cleveland better.

Indiana chose what many at the time thought was a lesser package to avoid dealing PG in conference. The #4 pick and scraps just doesn’t seem like enough.

Also, Bledsoe and the #4 pick for Kyrie is an awful lot. Kyrie was better than Bledsoe, but not by that much.

There is a reason these deals were just rumors.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like both teams in this scenario would have been been getting bent over to make Cleveland better.

Indiana chose what many at the time thought was a lesser package to avoid dealing PG in conference. The #4 pick and scraps just doesn’t seem like enough.

Also, Bledsoe and the #4 pick for Kyrie is an awful lot. Kyrie was better than Bledsoe, but not by that much.

I’m not sure what the deal was EXACTLY but Indiana was ready to do it. The Cavs and their issues were the main issues...like I said probably better they didn’t

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah don't buy it either, that being said I wish they would have kept Griff. I thought he did a lot for the organization but I also like Altman, so it isn't as big of a loss as I thought at the time. Either way, they have to find a star or they will be like the Pacers, build a pretty good team but no shot at being a top dog. I would rather get a top 10 pick every year then knowing you have a good team but no real shot.

I heard rumors they could be shopping the #5 pick. I still don't think they do it but they are looking at their options. Lets just hope they get that star type of player out of this draft...just so hard to find.
Pretty much how I saw Griff. wanted him to stay but didn't do anything that made me think he was a sign at all costs guy. Also like Altman. with no cap room in this market his hands are kind of tied. said a while ago I wondered if being the Pacers was really the best we could hope for (barring a miracle in the right draft lottery).

I'm sure they will consider all options this draft as who knows who they might want at 5?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel also failed for other reasons.
also true...doubt he makes it at 6-5 either. am I missing someone? Can you think of another short QB projected to go in, say, the first 30-40 picks who was a failure who was short? Too lazy to try that google thing I've heard about.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kyrie was much better than Bledsoe. If that deal didn't get done I'd say more likely Pacers wanted more than the 4 for PG. Think Indiana was getting Harris in the other deal. But could see them wanting PG in the West.

all that said I don't disagree just a rumor and most like this do not go down.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not sure what the deal was EXACTLY but Indiana was ready to do it. The Cavs and their issues were the main issues...like I said probably better they didn’t
everything I heard was Indiana backed out. I could understand why.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie was much better than Bledsoe. If that deal didn't get done I'd say more likely Pacers wanted more than the 4 for PG. Think Indiana was getting Harris in the other deal. But could see them wanting PG in the West.

all that said I don't disagree just a rumor and most like this do not go down.

He was.

Not by enough to cost Bledsoe plus the 4.

The problem is that this scenario has the Suns paying Bledsoe and pick for for Kyrie, while all Indiana gets for PG is the pick and filler.

Kyrie’s trade value was probably comparable to PG at that time. Both all stars. Both essentially asking to be traded. PG 1 year left vs Kyrie’s 2, PG viewed as the more complete player between the 2.

Maybe that extra year makes Kyrie slightly more valuable than PG, but not by that much. It is just a poorly balanced trade clearly favoring Cleveland at the expense of both of the other teams.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love the people blowing the Heat, lol.

they are a sinking 4 seed, Butler is AWOL, they just blew road games to the shitbag Cavs and Hawks

I think i projected them as the 6th seed and a first round playoff loss.

At this point, the most likely scenario is the 5th seed and a first round playoff loss. Thats pretty close to a bulls-eye.

and with Oladipo back, (though Lamb just went down)- i might actually hit the very fucking center of the target 100%. Wouldnt that be great.

:trash::trash::trash: