• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd suspect the constant resting from him and Kawhi wasn't well received

Especially when you consider what last years team accomplished by playing "all hands on deck, everybody gives everything they have every game" basketball. That team wouldn't take a minute off, let alone entire games.

I remember that being a question early in the season, but the Clippers assured everyone that it was fine.

Turns out that it may not have been.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that he's inexperienced, but that speaks to the decision making issues that @tlance spoke about.

I understand he has issues but like I've said before...he shouldn't be playing. He should be watching and learning...now way he was ready.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand he has issues but like I've said before...he shouldn't be playing. He should be watching and learning...now way he was ready.

He is basically a 1 read guy.

Chalk it up to inexperience if you want. That is part of it. Not the whole story though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta admit Kyler Murray is pretty sick for a short QB...
Hopefully one day fans will realize when QBs are worthy of being taken high it's rare height will hurt them. Honestly, other than Manziel, I cannot think of another short QB projected to go near top of draft who failed.

Don't confuse this with my not understanding more big QBs are taken than small.....but big QBs fail all the time.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

But he also never had a shot

Just like Jordan Love sitting behind Rodgers has no shot.

You all will see I am right on both counts as it plays out.

You can’t play the QB position effectively at the NFL level without being a high caliber decision maker. Haskins doesn’t have that capability.
Us all? I don't recall anyone saying they were sure haskins would be a stud. Best anyone said was wait and see.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his defense, at this point Haskins doesn't have any special quality. He seems to have a strong arm and shows at times nice arm talent but nothing that stands out. That's why I said development for him is so key....this is killing him imo
Totally agree.....and when we hear "big arm" as a QBs best trait I am always leery. That said, you are also correct he's probably a guy who would benefit from sitting/learning.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a big market for Playoff PeedHisPants? Lakers offer Danny Green and KCP.

It's going to be interesting for sure. I can't imagine that he helped his trade value with his playoff performance. He can't even blame the bubble (although I expect him to try) because of his previous playoff failures.

It also doesn't help that his "rally the troops" speech after game 7 seems to have been met with a collective :susp:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t mind sure things I think they beat Denver..... should be a few more bucks when they clinch the series or get another win... I’ll hold.
I held once on a major cash out it was a whacky bet. Team was +18 to win at tip off, think it was the Turkish league... they were down 27 points in the second quarter. I parlayed them to WIN with two other games....live bet..they were massive dogs down 27.....

they came all the way back and we’re up 9.....I had a huge profit cash out ....but way more if I let it play out.... with 2 min left they were up 8 they lost by 6..... I was crushed
Was once in a survival pool that made it to end of season. The year steelers beat Seattle. In it with a friend and we had Steelers left to pick for the SB. A lot more money at play (11k). Figured we'd hedge our bet to get something and bet a grand on seattle.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be interesting for sure. I can't imagine that he helped his trade value with his playoff performance. He can't even blame the bubble (although I expect him to try) because of his previous playoff failures.

It also doesn't help that his "rally the troops" speech after game 7 seems to have been met with a collective :susp:
Not sure this is the same situation entirely, but I recall when the cavs were supposedly getting him for Love I was a little leery. sure, overall PG maybe a better player but what does he offer that Lebron didn't? and in this case, what did he provide that Kawhi didn't. wonder if that was more the issue.

Of course, no PG and probably no Kawhi. Maybe this is why some of the greats do not make the best GMs? Kawhi and the Clips might have been better off with SGA, Galinari and not losing all those picks.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no idea you were like this. Getting upset because I don't agree with you. And ignoring all the other problems your team currently has. Having an issue with a QB that a dysfunctional franchise threw in as a starter when he wasn't ready. I had no idea you're a part time member of the super-homer's club. You know who's a fulltime member? wiggy. Don't be like wiggy.
While I do think maybe he could take a different approach here, not sure how ripping Haskins makes him a homer.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting hungry.

Oh My God Reaction GIF