• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those players aren't a distraction. The Lakers, for example, are missing one of the better perimeter defenders in the game, which was supposed to really hurt them. Yet, they're one game from a 3rd straight "gentleman's sweep" and going to the finals.

Who, besides the Bucks and possibly Lakers, "went all out for homecourt"? Certainly not the Clippers.

Also, that was what? 4 or 5 months ago? They've had more time off to rest than they normally have in a regular off-season. So they not only should have been plenty well rested, they had time injuries to heal.

When they came back, the only ones who "went all out" for anything were the bottom seeded teams who were trying to get into or stay in the playoffs. For the top 6 or 7 teams in each conference, it was more about getting some run in and getting to the playoffs as healthy as possible.

Which is pretty much exactly what I said. The better and more talented team is still better and more talented.

That's because the no travel part of the bubble greatly helps lebron and older veterans...That negates missing role players for the lakers vs other teams missing role players. The benefit of the bubble is much greater benefit for some and not others

Who went all out? Bucks, Raptors...The bubble actually hurt the Clippers, they may have sat less and worked more on chemistry assuming the season was going to be longer as they were a new team imo

Plus many of the players may not have been as prepared for such a quick restart. So with all that being said it's pretty obvious things would have likely played out differently no bubble

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. It's a huge benefit for older players (Lebron) no travel, more time off and teams with a lot of veteran presence as their main stars and role players. It's a dissadvantage for young teams and teams that worked hard for the higher seeds to have homecourt. That is likely why Wigger said the heat got an advantage from playing in the bubble but were only 5th in the East prior to the bubble

You really think a packed Staples Center isn't going the give the Lakers a significant advantage in the Finals?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat got an advantage of not having to deal with home court. That is obvious.

Your assertion about the bubble favoring older players just isn’t true. They don’t have travel, but they actually get less time off. They play every other day without those extra travel days.

Look at the teams remaining. Aside from LeBron, It is the younger teams that are thriving. Heat, Celtics, Nuggets.

Mavericks and Thunder pushed their first round opponents further than expected. The vet teams like Utah, LAC, Houston, Milwaukee etc. all had to pack their bags relatively early.

But they got like what 4 months off before the bubble...You don't think that helped the older players?

The east is terrible, and the Nuggets were good in the regular season too...Some teams benefit from no crowd, well some teams were hurt like the bucks. denver is one of teams that benefited from no crowd. My guess is if there was no bubble the bucks would be in the finals and denver wouldn't be in the WCF

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they got like what 4 months off before the bubble...You don't think that helped the older players?

The east is terrible, and the Nuggets were good in the regular season too...Some teams benefit from no crowd, well some teams were hurt like the bucks. denver is one of teams that benefited from no crowd. My guess is if there was no bubble the bucks would be in the finals and denver wouldn't be in the WCF

Yep, the Lakers certainly benefit from 'no crowd'

:crazy:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It helped some and hurt others.

LeBron and the Lakers were playing at an even higher level immediately before the shut down, so I am don’t know that it helped them.

I do think it hurt teams like the Bucks and Clippers. So if by extension that helps the Lakers, then sure.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It helped some and hurt others.

LeBron and the Lakers were playing at an even higher level immediately before the shut down, so I am don’t know that it helped them.

I do think it hurt teams like the Bucks and Clippers. So if by extension that helps the Lakers, then sure.

So then you agree the results would be different outside of the bubble. That was my point, and it is correct

So the best teams under "normal circumstances" aren't playing

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then you agree the results would be different outside of the bubble. That was my point, and it is correct

The Lakers are one of those teams though.

They would have had home court.

They aren’t the beneficiaries of the bubble. Teams like Miami and Denver are.

The Lakers May get an easier road because their toughest opponents got knocked out, but I still have to think home court would have provided an even greater advantage for them.

The Clippers and Bucks losing kind of proves that.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are one of those teams though.

They would have had home court.

They aren’t the beneficiaries of the bubble. Teams like Miami and Denver are.

The Lakers May get an easier road because their toughest opponents got knocked out, but I still have to think home court would have provided an even greater advantage for them.

The Clippers and Bucks losing kind of proves that.

They are in the fact that their best player Lebron got tons of time off. I would say it's about a wash. Tons of rest for a 36 year old...No home court advantage, but still preferential ref treatment like usual

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the hell tonight's game at 9pm? West coast teams i get that. But they're playing in Florida.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are in the fact that their best player Lebron got tons of time off. I would say it's about a wash. Tons of rest for a 36 year old...No home court advantage, but still preferential ref treatment like usual
First of all, you have absolutely no evidence that they time off helped LeBron.

He played horrible the first few games back and he had been gaining on Giannis in the MVP race just prior to the shut down. You are guessing.

Home court advantage is a tangible thing and a definite edge that the Lakers lost.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One date late with this, but thought it worth posting...

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The best teams should win under any circumstances. The Bucks and Clippers needed home court to succeed. This bubble forced teams to use their true skills and talents. Who wins the title will be truly deserving of it.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the hell tonight's game at 9pm? West coast teams i get that. But they're playing in Florida.

You answered your own question. "West coast teams". 9pm is 6pm out there, which helps get more viewers.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No man.

I am saying that while Kyrie was definitely better, even a lot better, Bledsoe back in 2017 was a highly valuable asset.

Bledsoe + 4 for Kyrie was an overpay for 2 years of Kyrie.

Especially when that 4 pick along with salary filler was supposed to be enough to get Paul George.
People ripped the cavs for dealing him for IT and a pick that looked to be a top pick in a loaded draft but Bledsoe and 4 (when that 4 was not nearly as highly thought of as the Brooklyn pick) was too much? Come on.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat got an advantage of not having to deal with home court. That is obvious.

Your assertion about the bubble favoring older players just isn’t true. They don’t have travel, but they actually get less time off. They play every other day without those extra travel days.

Look at the teams remaining. Aside from LeBron, It is the younger teams that are thriving. Heat, Celtics, Nuggets.

Mavericks and Thunder pushed their first round opponents further than expected. The vet teams like Utah, LAC, Houston, Milwaukee etc. all had to pack their bags relatively early.
I always thought the "travel" was overblown. They are not flying coach and waiting around in airports. Barely even touch their bags.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

while I do think "travel" for guys is overblown the 4 months off is a good point.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People ripped the cavs for dealing him for IT and a pick that looked to be a top pick in a loaded draft but Bledsoe and 4 (when that 4 was not nearly as highly thought of as the Brooklyn pick) was too much? Come on.

No way. Who was ripping the Cavs?

Everyone on here was ripping the Celtics.

The deal always hinged on IT’s health. He ended up being a shell of his former self so the Celtics won the deal significantly

But if he has still been an all star caliber player, Cleveland would have won the deal.

IT, Crowder and pick was an awful lot. And the only reason Ainge was willing to pay that much, IMO, was because he didn’t think IT would be anything close to what he was.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. Who was ripping the Cavs?

Everyone on here was ripping the Celtics.

The deal always hinged on IT’s health. He ended up being a shell of his former self so the Celtics won the deal significantly

But if he has still been an all star caliber player, Cleveland would have won the deal.

IT, Crowder and pick was an awful lot. And the only reason Ainge was willing to pay that much, IMO, was because he didn’t think IT would be anything close to what he was.
I was not here when deal was made but after the Cavs sure have been ripped for it. Not exactly sure how the Cs won the deal, though, as they have nothing to show for it and have been better without Kyrie. There is more through various deals, but at the very least the Cavs have Sexton.

Bledsoe has never had close to the type of season IT had and that 4 pick was nice that year, but there was no one of significance anyone would have coveted with that pick. Kyrie for the Suns would be a win for them. I think only ones who'd lose was Indiana.....and agree likely they would not do it.