• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If social justice is what's preventing them from
coming back then they should all retire. That shit won't ever be corrected.

Trying to fix ignorance and dumb shits stuck in the 1960's is never going to happen. In fact, the media movement that's been going on for the last 3-4 weeks has likely caused a further divide then before the George Floyd incident. Some of these players just really need to STFU.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kyrie needs to realize that deep logical thinking and leading a cause is not his strength.
But right now it's happening, and he's probably drunk on the power

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to fix ignorance and dumb shits stuck in the 1960's is never going to happen. In fact, the media movement that's been going on for the last 3-4 weeks has likely caused a further divide then before the George Floyd incident. Some of these players just really need to STFU.

Changes on this scale happen a generation at a time. It's not something where we can just pass or repeal a law and move on.

There was a time when no one thought slavery would be abolished, a time when no one thought black people would be allowed to vote, etc.

One of the things that needs to happen, for example, is there need to be more minority officers, especially in areas where there are heavy minority populations.

For that to happen, there need to be minorities who want to be cops. There probably won't be many from the current generation, but enough progress can be made so it can happen with the next generation.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhhhhh...

Lou Williams doesn't want to play either.

Sweet Lou would be a much bigger loss for the Clips than Bradley for the Lakers.

Even with as well as Dwight was playing, him and Bradley together would basically make the Clips losing Lou a wash....and that's barely a wash. You could make a case that the Clips loss would still be worse.

Lou is a momentum changer. Bradley isn't. Dwight can be...but not as consistently as Lou.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kyrie needs to realize that deep logical thinking and leading a cause is not his strength.
What does it say about Generation Z players when they believe otherwise?

tenor.gif

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet Lou would be a much bigger loss for the Clips than Bradley for the Lakers.

Even with as well as Dwight was playing, him and Bradley together would basically make the Clips losing Lou a wash....and that's barely a wash. You could make a case that the Clips loss would still be worse.

Lou is a momentum changer. Bradley isn't. Dwight can be...but not as consistently as Lou.
Reggie Jackson getting most of Lou's minutes would be the straw that breaks the Clippers back.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does it say about Generation Z players when they believe otherwise?

tenor.gif

Shit's getting pretty ridiculous. Just today, Mike Gundy was wearing an OAN shirt (apparently they're a far right news network, think CNN, but the opposite views). One of his players was outraged, and every other player followed suit - because of a news network, that's conservative and far right (never watched it).

Seems like you can't have an original thought without the masses coming at you saying you're racist then going to your employer on you.

/end rant

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changes on this scale happen a generation at a time. It's not something where we can just pass or repeal a law and move on.

There was a time when no one thought slavery would be abolished, a time when no one thought black people would be allowed to vote, etc.

One of the things that needs to happen, for example, is there need to be more minority officers, especially in areas where there are heavy minority populations.

For that to happen, there need to be minorities who want to be cops. There probably won't be many from the current generation, but enough progress can be made so it can happen with the next generation.
Wise words and very true.

But, even that has risks and drawbacks.

When I joined the Sheriff Department in 1999, they had a rule on the books called the Bowman Act.

The gist of it states: 1 of every 4 Sergeant, LT, Captain promotions HAD to be female.

Oh. My. FUcking. GAAAAAAAAAAAWD!!!

It was horrible.

Some were deserving. But, anytime they went against what the rank and file wanted, that shit gets used as a weapon.

Some were just incompetent, wastes of space and had no business wearing the uniform, let alone running a Jail.

Don't get me started on the racial quotas.

When quotas need to be met, they tend to lower the criteria just to meet minimum hiring standards needed for funding.

Actually, not just racial quotas...

Racial, Sex, Educational and Sexual Orientation hires.

I know a white guy who was convicted of Felony Assualt that got hired because they needed to hire College Graduates.

Several folks from every race with Gang Tats, swastikas in visible areas, and they still got hired.

You are correct that they need a diverse force.

But, I pray they find a way to appeal to the right candidates.

Otherwise, shit will get worse, not better.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,873.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie Jackson getting most of Lou's minutes would be the straw that breaks the Clippers back.

oh there is no question about that

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit's getting pretty ridiculous. Just today, Mike Gundy was wearing an OAN shirt (apparently they're a far right news network, think CNN, but the opposite views). One of his players was outraged, and every other player followed suit - because of a news network, that's conservative and far right (never watched it).

Seems like you can't have an original thought without the masses coming at you saying you're racist then going to your employer on you.

/end rant
Normally, I'd agree.

But, Fuck that guy.

Karma is a bitch....lol

In 2013, Gundy settled a lawsuit with a contractor who said he was fired from a job at Gundy's home after Gundy didn't like him wearing an Oklahoma baseball shirt on the coach's property.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

/end rant

There is a thing called reading the room...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball should bring steroids back. This 30 for 30 about the McGwire and Sosa HR chase in the summer of 98 brought back great memories

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball should bring steroids back. This 30 for 30 about the McGwire and Sosa HR chase in the summer of 98 brought back great memories

Steroids + a juiced baseball?

Yikes.

That would really suck for the pitchers.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then the room needs to get a grip when being Republican amounts to racism.
You can be a Republican, a Democrat, a Fascist, whatever you want. You don't need to wear a billboard about it. He knew what he was doing. Read the room.

OANN is basically Infowars. I'm sure most college football coaches are Republicans. And yet they know what to wear to work.