• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while I agree masks protect others from you I still believe if I am to catch this virus it will be because I touched something an infected person touched.

My favorites, though, are the ones who think they are sticking it to the man by not wearing a mask...even going so far as to say they wont go into their favorite places because they require masks be worn.

Why do you think that?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read the New Yorker profile on Fauci, the dude is a straight shooter and isn't political at all. That's how he's lasted 40 years.
and the portrayal of him by Brad Pitt might have been the best opening skit by SNL since the pandemic started.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the portrayal of him by Brad Pitt might have been the best opening skit by SNL since the pandemic started.

Oh man I need to look for that, I don't watch the show much anymore

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think that?
Because is seems more likely I might touch a doorknob right after an infected person touched it (after having touched his/her own nose/mouth) being a cause of acquiring the virus than walking by someone at 5.5 feet away and acquiring it.

Though I do wash my hands what seems like every other minute now, so maybe not.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay folks let's get this thread back to NBA talk. We got off course a little bit. There's another thread we can take this topic to if necessary.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because is seems more likely I might touch a doorknob right after an infected person touched it (after having touched his/her own nose/mouth) being a cause of acquiring the virus than walking by someone at 5.5 feet away and acquiring it.

Though I do wash my hands what seems like every other minute now, so maybe not.
The hand washing yes, and also it turns out it's really hard to get it from dry surfaces. The 'viral load' matters, meaning the amount of virions you contact determines if you get sick. Only a few won't do it, there's a threshold and you need a lot to matter. They don't transmit well on surfaces.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hand washing yes, and also it turns out it's really hard to get it from dry surfaces. The 'viral load' matters, meaning the amount of virions you contact determines if you get sick. Only a few won't do it, there's a threshold and you need a lot to matter. They don't transmit well on surfaces.
One of those things seems it's easy to find support for or against (acquiring/passing virus on surfaces). Though I'm talking about touching it shortly after an infected person touches the surface.

But, hell, I wash my hands after I bring in the paper and read the paper so maybe I'll be OK (yep....I still read a newspaper).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay folks let's get this thread back to NBA talk. We got off course a little bit. There's another thread we can take this topic to if necessary.
Fair enough. Did you hear Fauci make his comments about the restart? How confident did he sound it will work?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of those things seems it's easy to find support for or against (acquiring/passing virus on surfaces). Though I'm talking about touching it shortly after an infected person touches the surface.

But, hell, I wash my hands after I bring in the paper and read the paper so maybe I'll be OK (yep....I still read a newspaper).

More like one of those things where our understanding evolves as we learn more. But yes you will be fine. And if you are healthy you could get it and not even know.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like one of those things where our understanding evolves as we learn more. But yes you will be fine. And if you are healthy you could get it and not even know.
still pretty sure you could find something that says the virus can be picked fairly easy from a surface....though maybe not as easily than once thought. I'm confident if a guy touches his snot then a door and someone else touches that door followed by their hand to their nose or mouth they'd have a good shot to contract the virus (with symptoms another story as does seem like "load" matter).

Former hypochondriac so was a time I was worried about this. Much less so now....... and would not be surprised at all to learn I had it in early March before the shutdowns.

Definitely feel like sports leagues can start and we cannot wait to get back to our lives until this virus goes away.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. Did you hear Fauci make his comments about the restart? How confident did he sound it will work?

Not talking about this topic in this thread anymore. Did you miss the part where I mentioned the other thread?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not talking about this topic in this thread anymore. Did you miss the part where I mentioned the other thread?
Nope I saw that. Doesn't restarting the NBA season apply to this thread? Simply wondered how confident he was in the plan. Any concerns raised? If you choose not to answer I'll look it up, but seemed like content for this page.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope I saw that. Doesn't restarting the NBA season apply to this thread? Simply wondered how confident he was in the plan. Any concerns raised? If you choose not to answer I'll look it up, but seemed like content for this page.

You specifically mentioned Fauci. I get it. You question what he says. I don't. Now if you want to continue talking about him let's take it to the other thread.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You specifically mentioned Fauci. I get it. You question what he says. I don't. Now if you want to continue talking about him let's take it to the other thread.
Yeah...even said "not questioning him but curious how confident he was in the plan" as, you know, I'm kind of hoping they can play.

But no worries. I saw his comments. does seem like he's pretty confident this can work. Not sure what he meant by a tournament style play (only assuming he was not thinking NCAA-like bball). Here they are for anyone who didn't hear/see the comments...........

“I actually have looked at that plan and it’s really quite creative what they are really trying to do — and I think they might very well be successful with it — is to create a situation where it is as safe as it possibly could be for the players by creating this bubble. Essentially testing everybody, make sure that you start with a baseline of everybody being negative and trying to make sure that there is no influx into that cohort of individuals and do a tournament-type play.

“It’s not the classic basketball season, but certainly for the people who are thirsting for basketball [and] who love basketball the way I do, it’s something that I think is a sound plan. I was very pleased to see that the intent was not reckless at all. They really wanted to make sure that the safety of the players and the people associated with the players was paramount. So I think that you might be able to do something like that with basketball. Could you extrapolate that to some of the other sports possibly? I think they should look at that model, see how it works, and then take it from there. Maybe modifications of that for some of the other sports.”