• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,873.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An adult better step up from the players union soon.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we need to worry?

Until I hear them publicly state it like Kyrie, I don't believe it.

In an interview with NBC Sports Boston’s Chris Forsberg, the Celtics forward made it clear that not everyone is on board with the conditions of the NBA’s restart at Walt Disney World. “I have so many friends on different teams, right?” Kanter said. “I was actually talking to one of my friends, and he said – I’m not going to tell who or which team – but he said, ‘There’s so many guys on our team, that they’re not going to play.’ They’re actually in the Eastern Conference. They’re in a playoff spot. And they’re like superstars. If I told you who it is, you’d go crazy. I just can’t tell you who it is. But he said, ‘Hey, they’re not going to play.’ They said until they found a vaccine, until they find a cure, that they’re not going to play.”

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we need to worry?

Until I hear them publicly state it like Kyrie, I don't believe it.

In an interview with NBC Sports Boston’s Chris Forsberg, the Celtics forward made it clear that not everyone is on board with the conditions of the NBA’s restart at Walt Disney World. “I have so many friends on different teams, right?” Kanter said. “I was actually talking to one of my friends, and he said – I’m not going to tell who or which team – but he said, ‘There’s so many guys on our team, that they’re not going to play.’ They’re actually in the Eastern Conference. They’re in a playoff spot. And they’re like superstars. If I told you who it is, you’d go crazy. I just can’t tell you who it is. But he said, ‘Hey, they’re not going to play.’ They said until they found a vaccine, until they find a cure, that they’re not going to play.”

THis sounds like the Nets again. Also the whole not going to play until there is a vaccine/cure is BS. So that team won't be playing in December either? These players are about to look as bad as the MLB if these reports are true

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THis sounds like the Nets again. Also the whole not going to play until there is a vaccine/cure is BS. So that team won't be playing in December either? These players are about to look as bad as the MLB if these reports are true

Maybe the Nets. But that wouldn’t surprise me at all.

But Kyrie and KD weren’t playing anyway. KD has been steadfast about not coming back until next season.

Might be somebody else?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....

If the Wizards make the playoffs because a better team forfeits their spot, do they also get to stay in the lottery?

I think they should.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Nets. But that wouldn’t surprise me at all.

But Kyrie and KD weren’t playing anyway. KD has been steadfast about not coming back until next season.

Might be somebody else?

Sounded like Philly of it was a team in the east and not Brooklyn

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounded like Philly of it was a team in the east and not Brooklyn

That was my next guess.

Don’t think Kanter would be speaking like that if it was Boston. Milwaukee has too much to lose so that would be truly shocking. George Hill has publicly acknowledged his reservations about returning, but still I don’t think it would be the Bucks.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendrick Perkins just went off on Kyrie.

He believes the reason for Kyrie to start this movement was because the NBA told him he could not be in the bubble with his team as an inactive player.

And that seems right in line with typical Kyrie behavior over the years.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He believes the reason for Kyrie to start this movement was because the NBA told him he could not be in the bubble with his team as an inactive player.

That's a borderline personality disorder

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So Kyrie might be making this about Kyrie?

tenor.gif

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,873.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s out there now that if the players don’t play we can expect a lockout in 2021.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Considering that it is Kendrick Perkins, this pretty much deserves zero weight. And anyway, the issue is bigger than Kyrie Irving.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that it is Kendrick Perkins, this pretty much deserves zero weight. And anyway, the issue is bigger than Kyrie Irving.

Look, I don’t agree with a lot of Perkins’ opinions. But he always shoots it straight. I don’t know for sure what Kyrie’s motives truly are, but he went from asking about adult beverages available in the bubble to trying to get all players to boycott the restart.

Ask yourself this. What changed for Kyrie over that week of time?

I think Perkins is on to something here.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,873.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Beverky saying it’s up to Lebron. If he wants to play everyone will play.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I don’t agree with a lot of Perkins’ opinions. But he always shoots it straight. I don’t know for sure what Kyrie’s motives truly are, but he went from asking about adult beverages available in the bubble to trying to get all players to boycott the restart.

Ask yourself this. What changed for Kyrie over that week of time?

I think Perkins is on to something here.

From what I read, he asked these questions in the conference call with the league about the restart. I don't think those questions matter, and Kendrick Perkins is the authority of nothing except speculation. What I really would like to know is if Kyrie was one of the votes in the 28-0 vote approving the restart of the season. If so, then he's really got a lot of explaining to do.

But again, at this point, the issue is bigger than Kyrie Irving. Dwight Howard and Lou Williams have some valid perspectives and opinions on the issue.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of his takes are wild but great twitter follow because he keep it real and i can respect that

He's a Bron shill on the Klutch payroll. Can't respect it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wear one everywhere but in the house.

I finally got my text results back after 10 days, negative.

Right after I was told it was negative, they advised that the test they used may not be accurate.

What.

The.

Fuck.
That's always been my concern about the testing. First, they might be wrong. second, great, I'm negative when tested, but what if I picked it up the next day (or hour)?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question:

Do you think Kyrie actually believes what he is pushing?

Or is he just trying to ruin stuff for everyone else?

From some of his past quotes and actions, I get the feeling he doesn’t really love basketball and that he may not be long for the NBA. It is possible he does not care at all about the future of the league or might even want it to hurt a little bit.
I believe the last comment is true. This guy is beyond a nut roll. Many said he went months here without talking to anyone at practice and carried this "practice" to Boston after a while. Not one word.