• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's always been my concern about the testing. First, they might be wrong. second, great, I'm negative when tested, but what if I picked it up the next day (or hour)?

The players should be fine. Sorry to get a little political but Florida's governor sayz the only reason his state is seeing a spike in cases is due to farm workers and long-term care facilities. Opening things up too early plays no part in anything. Shit I trust Ron don't you? Okay back to regularly scheduled porgramming.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that fella ya never know. He was/is entertaining though. Sometimes I think he got ahold of Thumpers PCP laced devils weed with the some of the stuff he'd say.
Those were the comments I always enjoyed with him. SportsHoopla is filled with arguments that are "nrornal" so to speak, but some of those comments? The Snell mentions were among my favorite.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those were the comments I always enjoyed with him. SportsHoopla is filled with arguments that are "nrornal" so to speak, but some of those comments? The Snell mentions were among my favorite.

I wonder how much Ouzo one has to drink to become as homeristic as buckyboy? I bet it's a lot.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players should be fine. Sorry to get a little political but Florida's governor sayz the only reason his state is seeing a spike in cases is due to farm workers and long-term care facilities. Opening things up too early plays no part in anything. Shit I trust Ron don't you? Okay back to regularly scheduled porgramming.
I think they'll be fine as well. didn't mean for my comment to sound like a reason I thought they shouldn't play (if it did).

Coaches seem to be more at risk than players and they can disatance themselves with no fans in stands if need be.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendrick Perkins just went off on Kyrie.

He believes the reason for Kyrie to start this movement was because the NBA told him he could not be in the bubble with his team as an inactive player.

And that seems right in line with typical Kyrie behavior over the years.
This guy chose to stay home for a home game 7 in normal times so for Kyrie definitely makes sense he'd want to attend during a pandemic bubble in which he could not play.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I read, he asked these questions in the conference call with the league about the restart. I don't think those questions matter, and Kendrick Perkins is the authority of nothing except speculation. What I really would like to know is if Kyrie was one of the votes in the 28-0 vote approving the restart of the season. If so, then he's really got a lot of explaining to do.

But again, at this point, the issue is bigger than Kyrie Irving. Dwight Howard and Lou Williams have some valid perspectives and opinions on the issue.

I will say it again. We didn't even suspend sports for world war 2 in most occasions

Of course it's a valid issue and if someone feels strongly enough to sit out that's a personal decision

Using your platform to destroy the sport that employs you?

Nah fam I'm not listening to a second of that garbage

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I read, he asked these questions in the conference call with the league about the restart. I don't think those questions matter, and Kendrick Perkins is the authority of nothing except speculation. What I really would like to know is if Kyrie was one of the votes in the 28-0 vote approving the restart of the season. If so, then he's really got a lot of explaining to do.

But again, at this point, the issue is bigger than Kyrie Irving. Dwight Howard and Lou Williams have some valid perspectives and opinions on the issue.

28-0

Unless he abstained, he voted for it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'll be fine as well. didn't mean for my comment to sound like a reason I thought they shouldn't play (if it did).

Coaches seem to be more at risk than players and they can disatance themselves with no fans in stands if need be.

For a while my thoughts were it was too much of a risk for the players to return. Too easy to spread this virus. We talked about this a little bit the other day.

Dr. Fauci said he thinks the NBA has a good plan going. I can't disagree with the nation's top infectious disease expert. Did you say you have an issue with some of the things Fauci has said about the virus? If that wasn't you my bad. But like I said not everything is known yet about the virus. It's inevitable that the more is known the guidelines will change.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a while my thoughts were it was too much of a risk for the players to return. Too easy to spread this virus. We talked about this a little bit the other day.

Dr. Fauci said he thinks the NBA has a good plan going. I can't disagree with the nation's top infectious disease expert. Did you say you have an issue with some of the things Fauci has said about the virus? If that wasn't you my bad. But like I said not everything is known yet about the virus. It's inevitable that the more is known the guidelines will change.
Only thing I said about Fauci was he has had some about faces on mundane topics like mask wearing. First was certain they were useless, then was sure they must be worn. Like to think someone in his position does not have any kind of agenda, though.

Never heard Fauci's thoughts on the NBA season but no doubt good to know he agrees with their plan.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing I said about Fauci was he has had some about faces on mundane topics like mask wearing. First was certain they were useless, then was sure they must be worn. Like to think someone in his position does not have any kind of agenda, though.

Never heard Fauci's thoughts on the NBA season but no doubt good to know he agrees with their plan.

Everyone did an about face on masks to be fair

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not from what I have read. Still easy to find an article to support either side of this by someone credible if you want.

Isn't to say anyone made Fauci change his mind.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not from what I have read. Still easy to find an article to support either side of this by someone credible if you want.

Isn't to say anyone made Fauci change his mind.

Guess when I say everyone I mean most policy makers

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"like to think someone in his position does not have any kind of agenda, though"

Damn.

I seriously doubt the leading infectious disease expert in the country has an agenda. If he did he would have jumped on the hydroxychloroquine bandwagon.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"like to think someone in his position does not have any kind of agenda, though"

Damn.

I seriously doubt the leading infectious disease expert in the country has an agenda. If he did he would have jumped on the hydroxychloroquine bandwagon.

He doesn't best I can tell

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn.

agreed....but you would think the people in charge of running the country would do so without an agenda. But we know that is not the case.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened was at first there was a mask shortage, so they didn't want regular people hoarding them all like toilet paper preventing medical personnel from having enough. Once there were enough masks they relaxed the argument 'against' them. In addition, some worried that telling people masks protect them would encourage risky mask-wearing behavior.

The other thing that changed was they learned more about the virus. When it first hit people worried about transmission by surface touching and all sorts of things. Turns out it's mainly aerosol droplets (liquids in the air) and that masks don't really protect you as much as protect the world from you in case you are asymptomatic.

So things changed and the recommendations changed as more information came in and the situation changed. People are now pouncing on these evolving guidelines to say experts don't know anything which is dumb. And the even dumber ones now say "fuck it they keep changing their story and Trump don't wear a mask so I aint gonna neither!"

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

It is abundantly clear that most elected officials have agendas.

Sad.
Yep..and with them being the ones making the decisions this is more problematic than the far right or left citizens who simply agree with anything their "side" does.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn.

Just read the New Yorker profile on Fauci, the dude is a straight shooter and isn't political at all. That's how he's lasted 40 years.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened was at first there was a mask shortage, so they didn't want regular people hoarding them all like toilet paper preventing medical personnel from having enough. Once there were enough masks they relaxed the argument 'against' them. In addition, some worried that telling people masks protect them would encourage risky mask-wearing behavior.

The other thing that changed was they learned more about the virus. When it first hit people worried about transmission by surface touching and all sorts of things. Turns out it's mainly aerosol droplets (liquids in the air) and that masks don't really protect you as much as protect the world from you in case you are asymptomatic.

So things changed and the recommendations changed as more information came in and the situation changed. People are now pouncing on these evolving guidelines to say experts don't know anything which is dumb. And the even dumber ones now say "fuck it they keep changing their story and Trump don't wear a mask so I aint gonna neither!"
while I agree masks protect others from you I still believe if I am to catch this virus it will be because I touched something an infected person touched.

My favorites, though, are the ones who think they are sticking it to the man by not wearing a mask...even going so far as to say they wont go into their favorite places because they require masks be worn.