• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can be a Republican, a Democrat, a Fascist, whatever you want. You don't need to wear a billboard about it. He knew what he was doing. Read the room.

OANN is basically Infowars. I'm sure most college football coaches are Republicans. And yet they know what to wear to work.

Except him and Dabo.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for Griffey. Assuming he was clean as we never got any reason to think otherwise

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can be a Republican, a Democrat, a Fascist, whatever you want. You don't need to wear a billboard about it. He knew what he was doing. Read the room.

OANN is basically Infowars. I'm sure most college football coaches are Republicans. And yet they know what to wear to work.

He wasn't at work, he was fishing.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't at work, he was fishing.

It is tough man.

I tend to agree. There wasn’t anything inappropriate on that shirt. In all honesty though, you know who I blame for this?

It is Trump.

He goes so far out of his way to antagonize anybody who doesn’t think the way he does, the people who hate him have feelings that run so deep they can’t even have a conversation with Trump supporters. It is what he stands for and how he goes about his business. I have family members who aren’t speaking to this day over fallout from an argument about Trump circa the election.

We have gotten to this point because our leader doesn’t show an ounce of empathy for anybody. Legions of followers are empowered to say and do whatever they want and on the other side people are so fed up they just can’t take it anymore.

We are at the point where simply supporting Trump is offensive to many people. And I get it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is tough man.

I tend to agree. There wasn’t anything inappropriate on that shirt. In all honesty though, you know who I blame for this?

It is Trump.

He goes so far out of his way to antagonize anybody who doesn’t think the way he does, the people who hate him have feelings that run so deep they can’t even have a conversation with Trump supporters. It is what he stands for and how he goes about his business. I have family members who aren’t speaking to this day over fallout from an argument about Trump circa the election.

We have gotten to this point because our leader doesn’t show an ounce of empathy for anybody. Legions of followers are empowered to say and do whatever they want and on the other side people are so fed up they just can’t take it anymore.

We are at the point where simply supporting Trump is offensive to many people. And I get it.

Damn.

This post and really the whole conversation should be in the other thread.

Sorry I thought I was in that one.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is tough man.

It is Trump.

Although you have some points. I think the PC culture has started long before Trump became president and has snowballed into what it is today.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wise words and very true.

But, even that has risks and drawbacks.

When I joined the Sheriff Department in 1999, they had a rule on the books called the Bowman Act.

The gist of it states: 1 of every 4 Sergeant, LT, Captain promotions HAD to be female.

Oh. My. FUcking. GAAAAAAAAAAAWD!!!

It was horrible.

Some were deserving. But, anytime they went against what the rank and file wanted, that shit gets used as a weapon.

Some were just incompetent, wastes of space and had no business wearing the uniform, let alone running a Jail.

Don't get me started on the racial quotas.

When quotas need to be met, they tend to lower the criteria just to meet minimum hiring standards needed for funding.

Actually, not just racial quotas...

Racial, Sex, Educational and Sexual Orientation hires.

I know a white guy who was convicted of Felony Assualt that got hired because they needed to hire College Graduates.

Several folks from every race with Gang Tats, swastikas in visible areas, and they still got hired.

You are correct that they need a diverse force.

But, I pray they find a way to appeal to the right candidates.

Otherwise, shit will get worse, not better.

Yeah, I wouldn't want quotas. As you said, it just leads to unqualified people getting jobs and/or the qualified people who get them are automatically undermined because it's assumed by some, they didn't get the job on merit.

I think we need more minorities, but at the end of the day, the best person for the job needs to be hired. Regardless of ethnicity.

Imo, part of the problem is that law enforcement isn't even a consideration for a lot of minority kids. White kids are still willing to consider law enforcement, but even among them it's more..."well if this or that doesn't work out, I guess I can always become a cop".

Maybe better stated, law enforcement needs to become a more attractive career choice...period.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If social justice is what's preventing them from coming back then they should all retire. That shit won't be corrected anytime soon.
Idea that was even brought up by them was absurd. Like if there was no COVID and this happened they'd have shut down the season during what would have been the conference finals or Finals?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie and Avery are now victims for being "used" for their abilities.

It's nice of them to take that stance as they have made 57 and 127 million dollars collectively in their nba careers.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie and Avery are now victims for being "used" for their abilities.

It's nice of them to take that stance as they have made 57 and 127 million dollars collectively in their nba careers.

Yeah, that is just stupid.

There are plenty of professions who can claim that. NBA player is quite literally on the bottom of that list.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I wouldn't want quotas. As you said, it just leads to unqualified people getting jobs and/or the qualified people who get them are automatically undermined because it's assumed by some, they didn't get the job on merit.

I think we need more minorities, but at the end of the day, the best person for the job needs to be hired. Regardless of ethnicity.

Imo, part of the problem is that law enforcement isn't even a consideration for a lot of minority kids. White kids are still willing to consider law enforcement, but even among them it's more..."well if this or that doesn't work out, I guess I can always become a cop".

Maybe better stated, law enforcement needs to become a more attractive career choice...period.
This.

All of this.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id be a cop for a 100k a year.

Will take no pension

We may end up needing some volunteers when this is done.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idea that was even brought up by them was absurd. Like if there was no COVID and this happened they'd have shut down the season during what would have been the conference finals or Finals?
Finally, you see the light.

You kept getting caught up in the Orlando bubble and that wasn't even what we were talking about.

These guys position is full on tard.

The Players Union is a complete shitshow for allowing this to happen.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id be a cop for a 100k a year.

Will take a lesser pension

We may end up needing some volunteers when this is done.
I made 100k for the first time in 2001.

Give yourself a pay raise unless you plan on working in the sticks...or CHP.

You have to remember, overtime is pretty mandatory and you get paid for what you MIGHT HAVE TO DO.

On the other end of the spectrum, people doing it for the money should be avoided at all cost.

They don't actually care which leads to George Floyd situations.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have to remember, overtime is pretty mandatory and you get paid for what you MIGHT HAVE TO DO.

On the other end of the spectrum, people doing it for the money should be avoided at all cost.

Theoretically, if the job pays better, it will attract better, more qualified candidates and those that are doing it for the money will be weeded out in the selection process.

A few would still get through, but those would hopefully be rooted out quickly.

Don't know if 100k should be the starting salary, but it starting salary needs to be attractive to better candidates.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean I agree with your premise but it's public service for a reason I suppose.

I definitely wouldn't be doing it for a pay raise lol