• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be a very easy solution:

Don't want to play ball because of the BLM movement? Cool, stay at home and hand in this seasons paycheck.

Those that actually DO want to play can continue with the proposed plan.

And yes this affects the Lakers greatly as both Avery Bradley and Dwight have spoken out on this but fuck it, cut their asses loose, sign Boogie as Dwights replacement and move on.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was always on team Russ

Not me. He's still my favorite player to watch play for someone else and I still don't have an issue with KD going to the Warriors.

But it sure looks like KD leaving is a lot less on Russ.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. He's still my favorite player to watch play for someone else and I still don't have an issue with KD going to the Warriors.

But it sure looks like KD leaving is a lot less on Russ.

It just seemed petulant to me how he left...you guys both had bad games in that series. You were probably a small piece away from winning that series.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, a voice of reason.
What are your thoughts on Howard and Melo?

These guys begged their way on a roster.

Melo is advocating for the younger guys to have a voice, which is understandable.

Dwight is flat out saying " Don't play".

Bradley is talking in code. Sounds like he doesn't want to play. But, hasn't actually said the words.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Melo is advocating for the younger guys to have a voice, which is understandable.

Bradley is talking in code. Sounds like he doesn't want to play. But, hasn't actually said the words.

I just don't get the logic

You want people to buy into a cause by neglecting them a sport they love?

How does that make any kind of sense

Worse yet is them feeling their rights are infringed upon. It's not prison guys. It's for your own health and safety

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As much as I want the season to resume I think it's too dangerous. How many players are really willing to take a chance of catching the virus? Because if the season resumes virus cases will appear within that bubble sooner or later.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's looking like several of us may have been too harsh on Westbrook in that regard.
My biggest gripe with Westbrook was his sometimes complete tunnel vision with trying to score and that he could be a knucklehead when emotional and couldn't be reasoned with.

One of the last few Rox games I watched before the pandemic, Russ was barking back and forth with another player and it was getting out of hand.

Harden walked right up to Westbrook, pushed him away and told him to cut that shit out because the game was in the balance.

Westbrook didn't say another Fucking word.

I was floored.

Maybe he just needed a better leader?

A Lion doesn't take orders from a mouse.

Westbrook is a Lion.

I'll leave y'all to figure out who's the mouse.

Here's a hint: Draymond called it a bitch on live Television.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I want the season to resume I think it's too dangerous. How many players are really willing to take a chance of catching the virus? Because if the season resumes virus cases will appear within that bubble sooner or later.

The virus is everywhere. Everywhere has an elevated risk. If anything them being a bubble with those who enter and exit being monitored is safer than the "real world" imo

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wamu, you are absolutely right that there are health concerns and I doubt you'd hear as much can complaints if this was the reason they don't want to play.

But, by all reports, it sounds like it's 90% the Floyd murder.

The only guy who I've seen mention health is Spida Mitchell.

Did you see why he doesn't want to play?

Because if he gets sick, or injured, he won't get a max contract this Summer.

What in the actual FUCK?!?

I really hope he didn't actually say that and that the tweet is just the reporters interpretation of his meaning.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The virus is everywhere. Everywhere has an elevated risk. If anything them being a bubble with those who enter and exit being monitored is safer than the "real world" imo

That's the point, the virus is everywhere. It's gonna take alotta people behind the sceens to get the season restarted. It's not just the players. It only takes one person to infect many. Yes people will be tested all the time. But what if someone tests positive a couple of days after being in the bubble?

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the point, the virus is everywhere. It's gonna take alotta people behind the sceens to get the season restarted. It's not just the players. It only takes one person to infect many. Yes people will be tested all the time. But what if someone tests positive a couple of days after being in the bubble?

One positive test should not cancel a season.

I'm kind of to the point of abject frustration with this thing I feel. We ask all these questions of athletes but not of any other occupation

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wamu, you are absolutely right that there are health concerns and I doubt you'd hear as much can complaints if this was the reason they don't want to play.

I really hope he didn't actually say that and that the tweet is just the reporters interpretation of his meaning.

Damn. If he said that it took some cojones.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He already got covid

So basically he's refusing to play because he's worried about himself and not his teammates. Good shit man.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be a very easy solution:

Don't want to play ball because of the BLM movement? Cool, stay at home and hand in this seasons paycheck.

Those that actually DO want to play can continue with the proposed plan.

And yes this affects the Lakers greatly as both Avery Bradley and Dwight have spoken out on this but fuck it, cut their asses loose, sign Boogie as Dwights replacement and move on.
Agree.

But, it still sucks.

You guys put in the hard work to build chemistry and cohesiveness.

You played hard all year to earn homecourt advantage.

Then the pandemic happens.

It's bad enough that you lose the advantage of having a pro- Lakers crowd.

Now you need to replace 2 rotation players?

It's going to suck that you'll have those legitimate excuses when Portland puts you out in the first round.
:comeatmebro:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t make this about social justice. The NBA has long been the most progressive pro sports league going. They are not trying to oppress players in the way the NFL has.

I have said it before and will say it again. This is a competition issue. When you are asking a bunch of players/coaches from teams with absolutely no chance to win a championship to leave their families for 2 months amid everything going on, there is going to be dissent among rank and file. Pare it down to teams who can actually compete and I am willing to bet most of this goes away.

Kuzma wants to hoop because Kuzma can win a ship.

Somebody will be pissed off no matter what happens. But maybe it is time to really let the cream rise to the top. Here is my proposal:

There is a huge divide between the Mavericks (.597 win percentage) and the next best team. So, take the top 6 from the East and the top 7 from the West. And if an individual team or 2 from that group votes to stay home, then let them.

Every team gets 5-6 regular season games prior to playoff start

West playoffs:

7 plays 6 in best of 3 play in everyone else gets 2-3 additional exhibition games

Once down to 6 in each conference,

6 plays 3, 5 plays 4

Top 2 seeds get byes and each get 1-2 exhibitions against top seeds from the opposite conference so they can avoid rust.
Kyrie and many others are in fact saying it's about social justice. So if you are correct, add hypocrisy and cravenness to their crimes. An even worse look for these assholes.