• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that has to create fake social media accounts to defend himself is a chump. Can you imagine him playing in the 80's/90's? All the great trash talkers of that era would be in KD's head so quick. Larry Legend would have made him cry on the court.

Yeah, he would. Larry was vicious.

Apparently, his teammates weren't safe from his trash talk either.

I heard a story yesterday where he and Danny Ainge had competed in the same 3 point contest and Larry had won.

Every once in a while this would happen:

Hey Danny.

Yeah Larry.

Who's the 3 point king? lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a report that one playoffs team is against playing. Pretty safe to say that team is the Brooklyn Nets since at least 3 of their players were on that call last night

Probably a safe bet.

I am telling you.

Just eliminate all teams under .500 right now. Problem solved.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd appreciate if you would both slow down. I'm old and can't keep up with you young 'uns and yer speed typing.

I'm even slower at texting, drives the wife and daughters crazy.
You got it, Gramps.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your replies to me:

Look, I showed a lot of patience with you throughout this. You were piling on along with others and attempting to “win the internet” by making fun of me. And now, you are the one who looks like a jackass.

I want the season to be played and I still think it can and will be salvaged. But the risks are very real and this is not an easy problem to solve. There are just too many people involved.
You are getting a little bent out of shape over a little sarcasm? Much of it warranted? In a sports forum? come on.

Not sure how he looks like a jackass, but guessing you'll explain.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I have a hard time believing they would be that negligent as well.

But, according to Haynes, that's what happened.

Not all NBA players are comfortable with the timing, or even the thought, of resuming the 2019-20 season. According to Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports, a “significant number” of players are expressing disappointment about not being able to vote on the restart plans for Orlando, Florida this July.

Along with these critical issues, players are expressing discontent that they were not allowed to vote on the plan individually. Haynes explains that the NBPA board of representatives is charged with communicating with each player to get feedback, but making person-to-person connections is difficult. The union has no formal voting mechanism in place that would cover all 450 NBA players.

Haynes: Some NBA Players Disappointed About Lack of Vote on Season

Just waive your white flag already...lol

:yield:

You jumped in asshole first as usual.
Guessing if I keep this going you'll cry that you prefer the new me (the one that wont point out when you are wrong). I promise I prefer the old you...the one that is irrational and emotional. Free comedy.

Thanks.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

I'd also add that sports can be a very unifying thing in this country. In many ways, it's the most unifying thing we have.

I don't care if you're conservative, liberal, moderate, black, white, brown gay, straight, male, female...if you pull for the same team, the only colors you see are your teams colors.

We could use a bit of that.
while I hope the NBA (and/or MLB) comes back, just tell me we're getting CFB and NFL seasons in 2020 and that would be great!!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is difficult.

The problem is that in the NBA, most of the playoff teams are dead men walking and they know it. This year is more wide open then most, especially with no home court, but it is not easy to incentivize a player for a team like the Nets to go into quarantine for nearly 2 months just to lose in the first round.

Which is why I believe some of these issues become mountains instead of mole hills.
will some not like it? Of course. But many of these guys have faith in their abilities and might think they have a shot (whether they do or not).

If they were left out guess what? some would complain about that, too.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.....

You make fun of me all day. Then some of my concerns that you were making fun of me for get documented as issues for many players.

And now you just want me to move on?

LOL

Ok buddy. I will move on. This is my last post to you about this. But you can be a real jackass sometimes. And that is me calling you out, unlike last time when I said it was crazy you all couldn’t see the issue.
The "concern" for which you were most made fun of was how they'd get food.

and we can all be jackasses sometimes here.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while I hope the NBA (and/or MLB) comes back, just tell me we're getting CFB and NFL seasons in 2020 and that would be great!!

Agree and unless something just goes completely off the rails it looks like we will. There may not be fans in the stands, but it looks like there will be football.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read Woj's article?

I am so confused by Kyrie's motives.

Little asshole isn't even playing.

So, why is he going out of his way to sabotage this?

He's in there asking about alcohol, food and fucking saunas?!?!

Is he upset he can't sit in the stands/ on the bench?

Because, every question attributed to him is about HIM as a injured player.

Lmfao

Because Kyrie's about improving his brand, like a lot of athletes are that are piggy backing on this whole "movement". He's just taking it to the next step. Never liked Kyrie, never well, especially after this.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Omg....

Kyrie is a Fucking snake.

They had a sleeper cell in the rank and file.

Devious little fucker was smart though.

Usurper trying to steal power by appealing to the commoners...lol

Cp3 meeting with Lebron, Kawhi, Giannis and Westbrook.

Kyrie meeting with everyone else.

@dtgold88 @trojanfan12

Might not be the NBPA'S fault after all.

He just went rogue after insuring them he was with them.

Kyrie being a snake cannot be a surprise, right?

Though my stance still the same...no matter what they do/did there will be a good number of unhappy players (or FO people).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree and unless something just goes completely off the rails it looks like we will. There may not be fans in the stands, but it looks like there will be football.
sure looks like it. though I wont make the extreme comment we hear so often and say no way they wont play.

Guessing no fans is a near lock in NFL. Starting to think CFB is going to allow some fans to attend.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he should tell his two teammates?

@dtgold88 ...

I take back, my take back...

The Fucking President and Vice President of the players association are trying to get the Season canc.

As the NBA nears the resumption of the 2019-20 season on July 31, a new reality is beginning to emerge. The NBA’s Board of Governors approved a 22-team return format for the season last week, followed by the National Basketball Players Association ratifying it the next day, beginning seemingly inevitable momentum toward a return to play out the conclusion of the season that was halted in March. However, there is now a group of players looking to take a stand by not playing in the league’s intended resumption and their primary reason for doing so would be in support of the nationwide movement fighting for social justice reform.

Sources tell The Athletic that a group consisting of 80-plus players — including NBPA Vice President Kyrie Irving, NBPA president Chris Paul, Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, Dwight Howard, Donovan Mitchell and Avery Bradley — discussed finding unity and a way to attack a cause amid the nationwide unrest stemming from racial injustice, systematic racism and police brutality as well as what the world continues to face during the coronavirus pandemic.

Irving and several players on the call, including Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony and Donovan Mitchell, spoke out about not supporting the restarted season because of ongoing social injustice, racism and coronavirus concerns, according to sources. Bradley, the Lakers guard, was the second person to speak on the call behind Irving and was vocal throughout, urging players to take a stand and utilize this moment to “play chess, not checkers,” those sources said
This is such a big mess. you'd think the players would just find a way to muzzle Kyrie.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to wonder....

What is going through KD’s mind right now?

Does he agree with Kyrie?

Or is he like WTF did I just do? I left Steph Curry and Klay Thompson for this dude?

Most would've not made that jump.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t make this about social justice. The NBA has long been the most progressive pro sports league going. They are not trying to oppress players in the way the NFL has.

I have said it before and will say it again. This is a competition issue. When you are asking a bunch of players/coaches from teams with absolutely no chance to win a championship to leave their families for 2 months amid everything going on, there is going to be dissent among rank and file. Pare it down to teams who can actually compete and I am willing to bet most of this goes away.

Kuzma wants to hoop because Kuzma can win a ship.

Somebody will be pissed off no matter what happens. But maybe it is time to really let the cream rise to the top. Here is my proposal:

There is a huge divide between the Mavericks (.597 win percentage) and the next best team. So, take the top 6 from the East and the top 7 from the West. And if an individual team or 2 from that group votes to stay home, then let them.

Every team gets 5-6 regular season games prior to playoff start

West playoffs:

7 plays 6 in best of 3 play in everyone else gets 2-3 additional exhibition games

Once down to 6 in each conference,

6 plays 3, 5 plays 4

Top 2 seeds get byes and each get 1-2 exhibitions against top seeds from the opposite conference so they can avoid rust.
you keep saying that first comment you made. You really believe if some of these teams were left out they would not get a number of complaints? These guys are competitors and have belief in themselves for the most part.

But you were definitely right somebody will be pissed off no matter what they decide. what I've thought the entire time (though think a good number will be upset no matter the choice).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I see this earned you a "you got me" SportsHoopla facepalm. Well played.

I said I wouldn’t reply to him any more and I didn’t.

Now you earned 1 too.

Stop trying to stir shit up that has nothing to do with you.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "concern" for which you were most made fun of was how they'd get food.

and we can all be jackasses sometimes here.

And now you are being one.

It was a rhetorical question.

Players inside the bubble need to get food. They come in contact with hotel employees that come and go from the bubble. Obviously the league takes precautions, but when dealing with over 600 people in the bubble and hundreds of support staff, there will be protocol mistakes and potential for infection.

I expressed my concerns and you were part of the cavalry piling on the other side. Now, a mere 4 days later, this dynamic is one of the things some players are concerned about.

Which completely vindicates my point of view. And you either are too dense to understand, or being your typical drama creating self.