• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. And that would be quite the offseason to juggle. But when you really break it down, Hart, TK, and Sanheim look to be the only truly major free agents there, and all 3 would still be RFA. Who knows what Morin will be at that point, but looking at who's in front of him, at best he's a solid #5 that generates very few points. I don't think he'll break the bank. Niskanen will be 34 and we'll probably be ready to see his cap hit come off the books. I like Raffl and Laughton, but they're likely 4th liners and fairly easily replaceable. Maybe you re-sign them, maybe you don't, but I don't think they're a game changer either way.

I'd still prefer to get TK locked up at a longer term, but I wouldn't be upset if it's a reasonable bridge deal. It seems that's the more likely path anyway, given the cap space they have with Provy still to sign as well. I think the Flyers are more interested in a long term deal for Provorov than they are for Konecny. Which I'm on board with. Getting your #1 dman locked up long term on his 2nd contract likely results in a steal at one of the most important positions. Assuming Provorov bounces back and is who we hope he is. But I'd take the gamble.
If Nisky comes off the books we literally traded Gudas for a two year rental while retaining one third of Gudas salary

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Nisky comes off the books we literally traded Gudas for a two year rental while retaining one third of Gudas salary
Gudas only has 1 year left on his deal anyway. I personally believe Niskanen is upgrade over Gudas in terms of play and leadership.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gudas only has 1 year left on his deal anyway. I personally believe Niskanen is upgrade over Gudas in terms of play and leadership.
I am in total agreement with you that Nisky is the better player but if we dont resign him all we did was rent him for two years while trading a younger player who will be giving out heavy hits to our players 5 times a year.We also retained 33% of salary to get the better player

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in total agreement with you that Nisky is the better player but if we dont resign him all we did was rent him for two years while trading a younger player who will be giving out heavy hits to our players 5 times a year.We also retained 33% of salary to get the better player
Sure, I get that. I'm not sure they would resign Gudas in his 30s after this year anyway. For his role on the team, I think a cheaper option with comparable play would be needed given current cap. And Gudas is not hitting as he used to since he has been marked by the NHL Player Safety Committee. I get where you're coming from, but if (big if) things come together this year, Niskanen's value in the playoffs will be miles ahead of Gudas.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, I get that. I'm not sure they would resign Gudas in his 30s after this year anyway. For his role on the team, I think a cheaper option with comparable play would be needed given current cap. And Gudas is not hitting as he used to since he has been marked by the NHL Player Safety Committee. I get where you're coming from, but if (big if) things come together this year, Niskanen's value in the playoffs will be miles ahead of Gudas.
I hope so it would be really nice to make a deep run in the playoffs.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Chris Stewart makes the team and gets put on the third line wouldn't that shut the door on Frost making the team?
I think the only way Frost does not make the team is if the powers that be determine he is not ready.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only way Frost does not make the team is if the powers that be determine he is not ready.
I think Farabee is more prepared physically and experience wise than Frost to make the squad

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Farabee is more prepared physically and experience wise than Frost to make the squad
I think Farabee needs put bulk up a little before making the roster. He has added about 15 lbs and is now 6-0, 175 lbs. Frost is 6-0 and 187 lbs. G and TK were the "lightest" regulars last season with both around 185 lbs.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Farabee needs put bulk up a little before making the roster. He has added about 15 lbs and is now 6-0, 175 lbs. Frost is 6-0 and 187 lbs. G and TK were the "lightest" regulars last season with both around 185 lbs.
Do you think Radcliff gets a mention because of his 6'6" 200 lb body?

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Radcliff gets a mention because of his 6'6" 200 lb body?
He certainly is a big boy and has been improving. Probably at least a year away. He is only 20.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we really need his toughness this season since we lost Gudas. Even if he is a 6 or 7 he should have a role of a protector.
Totally agree and I'm sure that he will get every opportunity. He doesn't need to be spectacular just steady and tough.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top Five Philadelphia Flyers Forward Prospects In The System

"Frost was spectacular at the World Juniors, too, recording eight points in five games for his home country of Canada. While Canada didn’t earn themselves a medal on the international stage, that doesn’t diminish what Frost was able to show."

Quotes like this is what gets me about writers. No mention that he got 5 of those 8 points in a 14-0 blowout game against Denmark in game 1 for Canada.