• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor mill floating around tonight that either Haag or Ghost will be on the move. Hearing Montreal has been talking to Fletcher about Ghost. I know Max Domi is off the table, but how about Drouin?
Drouin isn't worth trading Ghost for on any level. I know I was down on Ghost last season I thought he had a decent 2nd half of the season. Would like to see at least one more year before we do that. Tyson Barrie had a down couple of years but he turned out pretty good, same types of players.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drouin isn't worth trading Ghost for on any level. I know I was down on Ghost last season I thought he had a decent 2nd half of the season. Would like to see at least one more year before we do that. Tyson Barrie had a down couple of years but he turned out pretty good, same types of players.
Good point but if the return is very good it could happen. Drouin isn't horrible and would fill in the top six but why can't Frost do the same thing this year? I'd love to see the kid make the jump..

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point but if the return is very good it could happen. Drouin isn't horrible and would fill in the top six but why can't Frost do the same thing this year? I'd love to see the kid make the jump..
If management / coaching staff has a hard on against Ghost, they need to move him. It's totally unfair to him to have that cloud to play under. I don't care how good you are or emotionless you may be; you're not going to perform with that hanging over you.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If management / coaching staff has a hard on against Ghost, they need to move him. It's totally unfair to him to have that cloud to play under. I don't care how good you are or emotionless you may be; you're not going to perform with that hanging over you.
I think thats what happened to Simmonds.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until the NHL starts officiating the playoffs the same as the regular season, guys like Caufield will continue to fall. Debrincat may have scored 40 goals, but short guys came up really small in the playoffs overall.
Little Danny Briere was a monster in the playoffs.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have been reading, the experts like our 1st 2 picks and the moves made to get them.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think about the Subban deal? I'm seeing some frustration out there about it, but not a ton.

Subban for two 2nds, Santini, Davies

Flyers equivalent is probably two 2nds, Hagg, and Kalynuk.

As far as value goes, I'd obviously do that trade in a heartbeat. But Subban's got 9M for 3 more years left on his deal, and taking all of it was apparently the key for Nashville. Flyers probably can't make that deal and add a 2C.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think about the Subban deal? I'm seeing some frustration out there about it, but not a ton.

As far as value goes, I'd obviously do that trade in a heartbeat. But Subban's got 9M for 3 more years left on his deal, and taking all of it was apparently the key for Nashville. Flyers probably can't make that deal and add a 2C.
IMHO Subban can be a distraction.... he's apparently a great guy off the ice, and he definitely draws a lot of attention on - ice. I'd rather focus on a group that comes together as a team, vs. trying to blend in all of the 'big' personalities.

So, bottom line - I would not have lifted a finger to get him because I really don't think it makes us a better TEAM. And why pay all the freight ?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reasonable bridge deal. Kinda figured they'd have to bridge Sanheim given how the rest of the summer has gone. Should get good value out of him for a couple years.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My feelings are that the Devils are trading for players like Subban (i dont care if hes a drama queen he is a very good player) and we are trading for Braun at 32. Id say i like what the devils did and not what we did.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at some winners and losers in the draft and i didn't see us in any winners or losers categories.

Is that good or bad ?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at some winners and losers in the draft and i didn't see us in any winners or losers categories.

Is that good or bad ?

The articles I've seen have had us in the A- to B- range. Everyone seems to like the York pick, but they really like the combination of trades and the Brink pick.

I don't think they drafted a super star, but I do think they'll end up with 2 good players in York and Brink.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully this means the other RFAs are signed soon. Provy, Hartman, TK, Laughton and Bailey. Still need a back up goalie and 3RW with maybe $5 million to spends after the remaining RFA's are sign. It's going to be a tight squeeze.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully this means the other RFAs are signed soon. Provy, Hartman, TK, Laughton and Bailey. Still need a back up goalie and 3RW with maybe $5 million to spends after the remaining RFA's are sign. It's going to be a tight squeeze.

The Sanheim deal should help set the market on d-men. Provorov still probably goes late into the summer, waiting for Werenski and McAvoy.

Hartman, Laughton, and I guess Bailey if they re-sign him, should be fairly easy conversations. None of them will get a huge raise I would think.

TK should get wrapped up fairly quickly after the Kapanen and Johnsson deals. That should set the market for him, I expect he'll get a little more than them though.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My feelings are that the Devils are trading for players like Subban (i dont care if hes a drama queen he is a very good player) and we are trading for Braun at 32. Id say i like what the devils did and not what we did.
Alan Iverson won how many championships ?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alan Iverson won how many championships ?
What does this even mean?

Are you trying to say because PK at 30 years old hasn't won a title that Braun at 32 is a better player? i hope not because that would just be silly.